Anyone seen the new car craft Demon Project car?

-
who really cars what car craft or anyone else does with their money or their car. . . The thing i dislike the most about the car hobby is how much hatred there is if you decide to do something "different" . . . Its the same reason why car shows are no longer fun to me. Too many folks out there bad mouthing other folks for doing something different with their car, just because its not what you would do.

Why does everyone care so much with how others spend their money or build their cars???? Its just useless complaining. Maybe its time the world lightens up a bit and stops drawing a line in the sand in which depending on which side you stand you are right or wrong.

Lets face it is anyone really a "car guy or girl" if they can't appreciate different makes, models, and modifications other than stock?

amen!!!

Why does everyone care so much with how others spend their money or build their cars???? Its just useless complaining.

Well first off, It didn't ruin my life, just stated my opinion about the car, like the article asked us to do. It was just a post, don't read it if you don't like it. Right?

Well first off, It didn't ruin my life, just stated my opinion about the car, like the article asked us to do. It was just a post, don't read it if you don't like it. Right?

Seriously though.

Why is everyone so darn testy lately, and an expert on how everyone else should think?

The guy asked for opinions, not Dr. Phil's take on everyone else's.

Do you want me to call Oprah?, cause I will.:-D

Hey, I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything.What I was doing was trying to point out that most of our problems stem from our own in-actions. Like most people on here, I am upset when stuff like this project happens. My question is simply- Do we have the best mouse trap available?? I love my Mopars (owning 3 Rams, a 64 valiant and having owned a 74 Challenger) However much I love them,though, if I want a big-block in my 98 Ram and an over-drive behind it,(which I'd love) an 833 OD or the Kiesler are my only 2 workable options, that I know of. And I won't do the Kiesler because it's GM,nor would I do a 9 inch ford rear. If I had a good,build-able big block,they'd be more than welcome to it, but they're wherever they are, and I'm here in West-by-god-Virginia. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to any whose toes my comments may have stepped on. As I try to raise my 7 yr old son to be a Mopar guy, I swiftly realize that we are apparently one of the smaller segments of the after-market.The rules have indeed changed, some for the better,some for the worse. In the past couple of years, if I'm not mistaken, there have been a few different casters of after-market big-blocks for the factory. That's just a fact of life we have to deal with,whether we like it or not. Personally, I don't look on those who use these as any less perfect or any less loyal than someone who uses a vintage block. Our hobby under-goes constant changes and refinement, and I'd like to encourage thinking "out-side the box" without advocating brand-swaps. If we can get enough people thinking this way, maybe more pure Mopar solutions to our swap and performance issues will surface. Once again, I appologize if my opinions stepped on any toes, but it requires first reasoning, then action, on our parts to change the status quo, and start getting the respect in the market place that I feel we deserve.

Hey, I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything.What I was doing was trying to point out that most of our problems stem from our own in-actions. Like most people on here, I am upset when stuff like this project happens. My question is simply- Do we have the best mouse trap available?? I love my Mopars (owning 3 Rams, a 64 valiant and having owned a 74 Challenger) However much I love them,though, if I want a big-block in my 98 Ram and an over-drive behind it,(which I'd love) an 833 OD or the Kiesler are my only 2 workable options, that I know of. And I won't do the Kiesler because it's GM,nor would I do a 9 inch ford rear. If I had a good,build-able big block,they'd be more than welcome to it, but they're wherever they are, and I'm here in West-by-god-Virginia. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to any whose toes my comments may have stepped on. As I try to raise my 7 yr old son to be a Mopar guy, I swiftly realize that we are apparently one of the smaller segments of the after-market.The rules have indeed changed, some for the better,some for the worse. In the past couple of years, if I'm not mistaken, there have been a few different casters of after-market big-blocks for the factory. That's just a fact of life we have to deal with,whether we like it or not. Personally, I don't look on those who use these as any less perfect or any less loyal than someone who uses a vintage block. Our hobby under-goes constant changes and refinement, and I'd like to encourage thinking "out-side the box" without advocating brand-swaps. If we can get enough people thinking this way, maybe more pure Mopar solutions to our swap and performance issues will surface. Once again, I appologize if my opinions stepped on any toes, but it requires first reasoning, then action, on our parts to change the status quo, and start getting the respect in the market place that I feel we deserve.

I don't think Mopar will ever get that respect.

They were simply not made in enough numbers to compete with the Camaro/Mustang aftermarket or resto parts arena.

I have a GM style alternator in my Barracuda, and I am going to punch myself in the face now. LOL.:toothy10:

This reminds me of a Hot Rod Magazine article. Someone took a mint condition Camaro RS/SS and put a Toyota engine in it. You shoud have hear the Chevy guys crying "foul" the next month. It's not very funny when it happens to them is it?

Funny thing is, when it's our own factory that screws us around, nobody seems to mind. IE; American Axle group (read Chevy 12 bolt, to us old-timers ) in late model Rams. Not all Rams, but some had it. Fact is, what they'd been using was junk, so they switched. And, yes, they DO squeal when it's THEIR sacred iron it happens to, regardin the Toyota to Chebby thing. Personally, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving brand. Nyuck,Nyuck, Nyuck!!

Picked up my latest project ('65 Valiant V-100 2 dr post with 29,000 miles) at the 2010 Car Craft Summer Nationals. The seller refused to sell it to another guy because he was going to cut it up, put in an all GM drivetrain, etc. His stupidity, my gain.

Well I went to Cart Craft and sent the following e-mail.

Wow, I can't believe that Car Carft is putting a stinking LS engine ito a classic Mopar. I just don't undestand why you're doing this. Far be it from Chev..er Car Craft to learn anything new! What was wrong with putting a 3rd generation Hemi in it?. Why not get a 69 Camaro (they're like dog crap, they're everywhere) and put a Hemi in it? Oh and by the way B5 blue would improve the looks of it. The best artical I've ever seen was in Hot Rod when somebody put a Toyota engine in a RS/SS Camaro. Guess I won't be subscribing soon, sorry

Hope they get the message!

I really do not hate Car Craft magazine. Actually I find it informative at times. Many articles can be used to glean info wothout the need for being brand specific. Jeff Smith is a smart guy and must be good at what he does cause he's been around for a long time. I also like that he is an "old school" guy (not unlike myself). However, when it comes to Mopar specific information, they do not even come clost to hitting the "mark".
Seems like they treat mopars like the proverbial red-headed step child. If I want good mopar specific info, my first choice is Mopar Action. I still buy the Car Craft for the various non brand specific articles but this idea of putting an LS engine in a Demon
just sets wrong with me. I guess I have a soft spot in my heart for the demon since I have owned two in the past. Yes an LS engine does make power but at what cost?
Let me see, the first 273 LA engines came out in 1964 and the LS engines debuted in 1997. I dont think that it is too much of a stretch to say that engine technology has come a long way in 33 years. However, there are alot of guys still running the old 273's. I think that says something from a design standpoint. So to CAr Craft I say, go ahead, screw up a Demon, but don't try and pawn it off on us as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Let's face it, with enough money, you can stick anything in anything so you are not breaking new ground as far as I am concerned. So whats the point.
LS motors are for trucks, thats my story and I'm stickin with it!!

Meh. I'm into results. If its fast its cool. If its not, it sucks.

Car Craft already did a current hemi swap into an A-body.

LS motors are bad ***. Don't really care for chevies, but having seen what can be done with a junkyard 5.3, I'm not going to criticize too much. The LS is superior to the late model hemi. Period. Horsepower is equal if not better on the GM side, and you get 50 hp out of the LS with just a cam swap. They're smaller, and way way way lighter. Aftermarket support is wide and affordable.

These are the same people that dropped a junkyard LS into a Fox mustang and ran very low 11s/high 10s with it.

How's that new Chally SRT compare performance-wise to the much much cheaper Camaro? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Do I want an LS or Chevy powered car? No. BUt there's no way I'd put a modern hemi in my A-body either.

When it came time for me to do a junkyard swap on my car, I put a 5.9 Magnum engine in mine. Runs mid-high 11s. I'm very curious to see how their project compares to mine performance-wise. I know mine is cooler in every other way. ;)

EDIT: Not to poke too much, but I find nothing more hilarious than when Mopar guys use the Limbaugh-ism Government Motors. Us Mopar fans have had twice as many bailouts as the Chevy guys now. Keep it up, but you won't be able to talk smack when they start calling us MObamapar.

Steve

i think it will be kind of cool. i know a guy that put an ls1 in a porsche and he did it for pennies on the dollar compared to the numbers i came up with when i was considering a late hemi swap. i **** canned that idea. people are putting the ls1 engines in everythingt hese days, and i cant say i think they are making a mistake.

Why dont they just buy a nova...... why do they gotta use a demon and ruin it? God..... just watching him dick around with tape and chalk for paint ideas annoys me.

i think its a horrible idea. how ever better a chevy LS motor may be than the III Gen Hemi, i would still rather have a III Gen Hemi. I hate chevy with all my heart, camaros, chevelles, novas, corvettes....they are all a dime a dozen and see that everyone and his sister has one in some way shape or form...not hard to build a chevy at all, just pick a part, ANY part in a catalog, and write a check. lotta brain power right there. lol. i get **** all the time from my chevy brother and all his chevy friends. its down right annoying, but yet, im the only one out of all those guys who has a car, or has a car and actually working on it. they are all just **** talking, bench racing, unable to walk the talk talkers. haha

Not that im backing them, or saying yay! but, theres a flat out reason, Marketing, Chevy has a Bigger aftermarket, more aftermarket support More company donating parts! so more money for there magazine more sales it all trickles down, and billy bob with his bowtie been sitting rotting will read it and buy it.

If they wanted to do another LS1 article, why not just get a Chevy???

I'd crush my Mopar before I'd put a Chevy engine in it but to each his own...

The bottom line is Mopar car should have a Mopar engine. It's not about being fast or slow it's about the atrocity of putting a Chevy engine in a Mopar!!! Especially a Demon.

My dad keeps telling me to stick an LS motor in my Dart. Sad thing is it would cost less and make more power than the 340 and be more street frendly not to mention lighter. Not that I would ever do it. Only a Mopar will be going in to my Mopars.

The bottom line is Mopar car should have a Mopar engine. It's not about being fast or slow it's about the atrocity of putting a Chevy engine in a Mopar!!! Especially a Demon.

X2

I read this thread, got my creeper on, tracked down the general email to the editors of carcraft and asked them what it is like to make out with their own mothers. I hope they reply.

-
Back