ATK engines 408 sroker with Magnum block LA build

-

Paul_G

Reaction score
Is anyone using one of these ATK engines? They're using Magnum blocks with an LA front cover set up for a mechanical fuel pump.

It sounds to me like a great combination. You get the hydraulic roller cam with the better flowing Magnum Edelbrock aluminum heads. And It Bolts right in place of an LA engine.

They are rating these at 465 horse, 535 torque.

Is there a downside to this engine?

Last edited:
HPE-HP46C-MAG - ATK Chrysler 408 Dressed Engine • Aluminum Heads • Hyd Roller Cam • 465 HP/ 535 FT LBS

Sold one in 2016 to a guy who bracket races with it every weekend. Still calls me a year later to tell me how much he loves it.lol

be happy to work with you if interested.

upload_2017-7-13_13-33-20.png

JP, Thanks putting up a link. Would this engine be better suited for racing? Or can it be used in a street cruiser, weekend bruiser, with AC, PB, PS, and run cool with the AC on in summer heat? ATK states it has a lopey idle. They also recommend a 2500+ converter stahl, which is not radical.

Hey Paul, these are a badass street engine! Its a hyd roller with a nice moderate cam, so it'll be very well mannered on the street. I have sold a few to street guys also. My bracket Buddy just chooses to bracket race it, and does quite well! still makes 12-16" vac.
i try to give a little fabo break on engines if/when you're ready. I only have good things to say about ATK and BP. Neither have let me down, and i recommend/sell both of them regularly.

I notice they have a complete engine from carb to oil pan. They say it's a street cruiser. $4844. 290 HP & 385 in torque. But they claim 10:1 compression, unless that's a misprint that seems kinda high.

-
Back