Ball and trunnion to u-joint conversion?

-
Put a 66 trans and driveshaft in a 65 and earlier without trouble. Not sure why you are switching the K but /6 and V8 take the same K member.
Had an issue on the interstate with someone’s trailer hitch that fell off and a semi. Needless to say my k frame is toast along with the lower control arm and torsion bar on right side. Made it home 58 miles but wasn’t very pleasant. I have an A230 trans to put in which has the shifter in the floor I’m aiming to put in as well. I know it fits that trans. But while it’s out I’ll check my factory trans

I have a shaft out of a 65 b-body 4-speed car, it was rebuilt by a driveshaft shop back in the early 80's.
PM me if you are interested.

1000344sf.jpg

Put in a slip yoke. I did and you won’t look back or have a second thought.

B & C body cars have a larger B&T joint. It won't bolt-up to an A-body transmission flange. But, you could probably change that flange to a B-body, since it unbolts from the outside.
I have the B body flange.

B & C body cars have a larger B&T joint. It won't bolt-up to an A-body transmission flange. But, you could probably change that flange to a B-body, since it unbolts from the outside.
No, you cannot change the flange. They are different sizes, at least where the seal rides. They are different even between the 64 and 65 "A" body 904 trans.

I'll double check with my supplier, but $250.00 plus shipping for the converted flange at transmission, balanced driveshaft assembly and properly phased yokes.

-
Back