Best guess on 416 motor

-
Here is some pics of the progress.
as you see ARP has 1 to many stepped studs but the nice people there emailed me back to say they are sending me one, so I don't have to cut it off.

Attachments

• 416 dec 4 2010 096.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 797
Update on engine build.
Got my proper main stud from ARP as in their kit give you 5 step studs.
You only need 4, but they helped me out. Thanks ARP
Had to bend baffle in milidon pan as their pick up tube was in the way of baffle.
Pictures show the spots. And you can see were motor is at.

Attachments

• jan 16 2011 022s.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 761
  • jan 16 2011 007s.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 757
  • jan 16 2011 002s.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 758
Now that the pics are up.... From the cyl head pics... That Labatts will never go tens. You need womthing like Guinness to run 10s :D

Seriously, I don't think you can go wrong with a larger carb. Most strokers will keep making more steam as the carb size in increased.

Very nice setup. Is the Super Victor better than the M1 single plane? You will go high 10's, my SDSS Eddy headed 408 goes 10.86 @ 120 in full street trim in a 68 notchback. Very nice intake.

Very nice setup. Is the Super Victor better than the M1 single plane? You will go high 10's, my SDSS Eddy headed 408 goes 10.86 @ 120 in full street trim in a 68 notchback. Very nice intake.

Intake is brand new to me will have to try it to find out. What does your car weight? give some specs...

Well the motor is in car now still lots of things to bolt together.

Well got motor running today sounds very good. Very crisp and a quick with the rpms.

try biggs i have not herd a bad word on there carbys ,mine ran 10.90 with 11.0 comp 259/265 flat tappet with a stuffed valve job and oval seats, at 3550 lbs 3.9 and 26/10

Would love to run you with my Slant 6.Till you get it sorted.I run low 11.40s at 115 mph all motor.Think your combo is a 10.80ish.I would leave on you with my low 1.50 60 fts.Till you get it sorted.I am at 238 ci and have just under 300 rwhp.You have alot of potential,I am maxed out.Guzzi Mark

Well guys drove car today and it is very Violent like a motor on Nos pulls scary fast. Still have the 4.88's in back good 1/8 miler LOL. Really was a good ride and only on a 1/2 throttle. Will post pics soon.

Well guys drove car today and it is very Violent like a motor on Nos pulls scary fast. Still have the 4.88's in back good 1/8 miler LOL. Really was a good ride and only on a 1/2 throttle. Will post pics soon.

when are running it:burnout:

when are running it:burnout:

The race year is over here, snow will come soon!
Get an ET slip next spring.
Still have to put in all the springs in after breaking in the cam.
Need to buy a set of gears.
Now I have hood clearance issues with the SV intake, as it is 1 1/2" higher than the Holley strip dominator.
Have to get a hood and cut a hole and get a hood scoop, good winter project LOL.
Etc Etc.

good luck next season,and you will be having lots of fun:D

Here is were I've been spending time :burnout:
Will be changing out the super coil for something smaller.
Like a msd blaster

Attachments

• new mill 022small.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 620
Will be changing out the super coil for something smaller.
Like a msd blaster

nice, how do you find the qft carb

If you search for 1/4 mile hp calculator you'll find a bunch. Their results will vary quite a bit. I have no idea what math is behind them but I assume it is loosely based on physics.

OT - this will tell you how they arrived at the data.

Its not physics, its mathematical plotting based on trials and known factors (crank HP, MPH, ET and weight) to create a workable formula that relates them to each other.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm

Friend had a prostreet dart with a 416 and it ran 11.77 on 7 cylinders....trying to figure out why so slow and found a extremely weak rings on 1 cylinder

What about breathing/venting the crankcase with those MP valve covers? My 340 currently has 2 stock valvecovers with the breathers in the center. The breathers are not connected to header scavenge tubes, just dump down there. I am at the crossroads of putting breathers on the MP valve covers or putting on the stock ones from the 340 and running them to collector mounted scavengers.

Whatcha gonna do? 416 probably making a lot of case volume changes thus pressure fluctuations.

Good looking setup. Do you wish that you had painted the engine red instead of hemi orange? I kinda am as the car will be white with a crimson red strips and the engine has MSD dist and wires also red.

attachment.php

OT - this will tell you how they arrived at the data.

Its not physics, its mathematical plotting based on trials and known factors (crank HP, MPH, ET and weight) to create a workable formula that relates them to each other.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm

i like these calculators , it shows my 3550 lbs car is makin 850 hp from my std factory block to go 143 mph cool

-
Back