best way to clean injectors on car

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I got a 92 SC400 and the injectors are DEEP in this motor. Does anyone have any good recomendations on what to use to clean them on the car? I thought I saw a large aerosol type can that tapped into the fuel rail? YOu pull the pump fuse and run your car off this can and its contents for a few minutes? I barely passed my free retest after I cleaned 175k miles worth of carbon out of the EGR and I was 1 point away in HC from bombing. Strange thing was my HC went up 2X after I fixed the EGR valve????

Check out Chevron "Tecron" (not sure of spelling). It was also available through Chrysler dealers in the 80s & 90s as fuel injector cleaner. Just add to the fuel tank.

Make sure your filter is new, I don't think the tank stuff worked very good but the tecron I hear is good, I would try a heavy dose. Also what worked on my wifes crv was a quart of trans fluid to a tank of gas.

I thought I saw a large aerosol type can that tapped into the fuel rail?

Only type I saw around here was intended for a proprietary kit. In other words (at the time and with that can) the problem was actually hooking the can to something, lol. I screwed up, this was on my 86 Ranger. I forgot about the regulator bypass and essentially when I hooked up the can, I dumped the contents into the tank via the regulator bypass tube lol.

Then I found this at the thrift store

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1971024122

Make sure your filter is new, I don't think the tank stuff worked very good but the tecron I hear is good, I would try a heavy dose. Also what worked on my wifes crv was a quart of trans fluid to a tank of gas.

Trans fluid works pretty good for cleaning injectors because of it's high detergent content, but obviously you need to run through that tank and then use fresh fuel for testing.

Put the trans fluid in the tank and take it out for a good high speed (whatever you can get away with) run out on a freeway.
The longer and faster the better.

There are kits avail. check around. It'd prob be cheaper to have it done, kit isn't cheap..

Here's the kit I have, as mentioned, block return line, disable fuel pump, attach canister with appropriate adaptors to schrader valve, turn on the can, start vehicle and run till it quits, return to fuel..

It works very well, in some cases, nite and day difference..

hope it helps

Attachments

• F.I. Cleaner kit 006.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 240
I want one of these then....
81VwNnczt-L._SY450_.jpg

or Ill make something like it......I got a few gauges. Well see.....

Put Aces IV in the tank. It will clean the injectors and keep them clean. It also provides a high quality top cylinder lube.

I have been using it in my 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 for over 70k miles and the system is spotless.

It's only sold by a vendor called BND automotive and it's not available retail.

I don't have any business relationship with them. I just use the product.

how much is the 32 oz?

Last I saw posted over on the Charger Forums was 1 Quart ACES IV (treats 192 gallons of fuel) for $68.60

I usually buy a gallon about once a year for my SRT since it's a better price.

Your reply was the most accurate as far as the appropriate tooling, chemical and also the suggestion of just having it done if truly needed. The problem is this......it's not very often anymore that we see restricted or plugged injectors.

-
Back