Birth of the Blue Missile

-
A couple of updates,
first the cover art is ready for the book, and secondly the car is now waiting for me to finish a small refinishing project, a pair of doors. But what a pair of doors!
more later
Andrew

Attachments

• smaller cropped cover 4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 677
  • Photo584.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 699
  • Photo583.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 691
  • Photo582.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 698
Andrew,

Awesome Doors!!! Ah, I know you certainly have awesome fab skills, but I'm wondering how and where you're going to install the doors on Blue . . . ? ? ? LOL

nice score!

Thanks for the kudos guys,
A quick update on progress this past week, its all been electrical, the rats nest of wires from the power distribution panel has bee tamed and most of the connectors are on. I have to pin out the steering wheel feeds at the column first then ill terminate those feeds at the panel.

In the mean time here are some pics of what is being assembled for the other side of the firewall attached to one of the connectors. It is actually going much more quickly than I thought it would. Labeling and documentation is the key here.
I bought a Brother P-touch just for this task.
I have seen a lot of posts, about kits for rewiring, if youre not anal like me I suggest going that way this is a LOT of work.
For the record there are 39 circuits available in the panel and Im using 33 of them.
Andrew
I feel your pain on this one. I used a 71 Dart under dash harness with an 85 ramcharger collumn and 66 underhood wiring harnesses,lights and motor in my 53 Dodge 4x4 project. I had to buzz my head so I didnt pull my hair out.lol

Andrew...
fast times.....to deliverance?

I hope this is spirtual.....and not banjo music.....know what I mean?

Andrew, nice work!! Your fab skills are the best :prayer:, your car is going to be awesome when done, again, I love this thread!!!! Keep the pictures flowing!!

Denny,
Just by asking the question I know you have not read the thread from the beginning. Give it a shot Ive been told its a good read.
Andrew

I did ...but it was a loooong time ago
plus I didn't want to spoil it too much...I'm waiting for the movie!

and I like to kid

Andrew see page 9 of my thread for picture of my Classic auto Air A/C unit to give you an idea of how big it is.

Tim,
I went to your thread and it looks like a slightly different model than the one Im going to use. mine will be the Gen IV magnum for high transmission tunnels by vintage air.
Andrew

OK everyone,
I am now a published author!
The book has been released as an Ebook and is available at the link below, for $4.99, or you can read a sample.
For those who have been following this thread, you have read most of it. If you liked it, tell your friends who are into Ebooks where to find it.
Thanks for all of your support.
Andrew
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/109411
PS you can also find me now on Facebook, under Andrew Cohen, Thats me standing in front of the Missile.

Back in action, after a cascade hardware failure of our main computer, we are back up again. Thank God we had carbonite. The doors are finished Ill post pics later.
Andrew

Here are the finished pics of the door restoration job, now back to work on the car!!!!!
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo600.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 528
  • Photo601.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 516
  • Photo605.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 519
  • Photo606.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 519
Andrew...i've been scrolling through all your posts and i'm absolutely blown away! i'm not sure if anybody else has asked you this question but how much do you think the "Missile" is going to weigh when its done? Not that it matters with a stroker SB under the hood but i can't contain my curiosity:mrgreen:

DarTT,
You have my permission to send Chip the link to the build,I'd love to talk to him about a joint venture, NO PUN INTENDED!!!
Andrew

man you should have told me this when I talked to him in October.

IMG00377-20111002-1521.jpg

if he liked my concept art he'd love your real life building.

Dusterdan, I dont know but when it is done there is a set of public scales very close to the house that I will visit.
JR, go to his site and send him the link, me ringing my own bell in that way is not how I roll.
Andrew

Well I scored a clean rear windshield and have installed the defroster kit on it hopefully the glass guy can come this week and put it in.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo608.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 499
If I was going to tint the back window would I tint it than put the defroster on the window.
I like the idea of having a rear window defroster and to be honest I never even thought about having one.

Will, yes it is the frost fighter kit. And yes you can install it while the glass is in the car.
Tim, from what I can tell it needs to be installed against the glass. I dont think tinting will stay looking good from the outside if its put over the heatstrips.
Thats why I am so interested in the louvers.
Andrew

RJ,
I am ordering a couple of gallons of black epoxy primer and will jam and do the window openings first. But a storm already blew off two tarps that were secured to the car and got some of the electronics wet. I have to get the car watertight again. And since the black primer will be the base coat anyway I dont think it will hurt.
Andrew

-
Back