Black Friday sales. Who’s buying what.

-
When I talked to Mike at B3 a while back, he mentioned that the PRW stainless rockers have a nicer roller axle than the SM stainless rockers. They may be made in the same factory, but according to him, there is a difference in axles. He also recommended soaking them in oil prior to installation to help prevent galling the axle.

I agree on 100% on 3/4 sets. The last set, I'd have to disassemble them both to see. Having them side by side, they come in the same package with the exact same mix of hold downs, shims, and shafts. They even come with the same shitty pushrod length tool. I could be wrong, no doubt, this was 3 years ago when I was putting my motor together.

IMG_4455.jpeg

IMG_4454.jpeg

I saw this at Tractor Supply this morning. If I had any kids, nieces or nephews young or old enough for it, I would have grabbed it.

I didn't get out for the gun-safe, because I still have the worst stiff-neck ever....but my wife went this afternoon and paid all but 5 bucks on one. It's in the back, waiting for me to retrieve it when I'm able. My wife is the best. She always has been.

I guess nothing.... had stuff in the cart, then just exited out.... :)
Same had another set of heads, electric water pump, and fluid damper. Then I asked myself do I really need this. The heads I bought last year I haven’t used. I backed out but having FOMO. I have a parts buying problem.

Just a heads up if your looking at the small block speedmaster intakes wallmart has them cheaper

IMG_2982.png

I bit the bullet and bought a new set of wheels and tires for the truck

Was able to save about 220 over advertised price

I just picked up on one of these. 20% off. You didn't think I would buy car parts did you. :lol:

View attachment 1716169517

View attachment 1716169518
Wow, never seen anyone drink from a crackpipe before

Stopping at guitar center tomorrow, and harbor freight, and then getting a hellcat hood on the way home for our charger that my wife tagged a deer with. Somewhat busy day!
Me and the boy stopped in there too, he picked up 10 pairs of drumsticks for 15 bucks

I swear, it looks like he's got a pet beaver living in the basement

Bought a Chinese tig welder. I’ve wanted one for years but can’t justify the Miller price which would be more than 10x more.

I bit the bullet and bought a new set of wheels and tires for the truck

Was able to save about 220 over advertised price

Wow, never seen anyone drink from a crackpipe before

Me and the boy stopped in there too, he picked up 10 pairs of drumsticks for 15 bucks

I swear, it looks like he's got a pet beaver living in the basement
They had a little 15w acoustic amp on sale for half price I nabbed. Ended up being pretty nice! I did see drum sticks on sale too. My annoyance with that place is the dualing shredders that just want to crank on every jackson or flying v they can find, at max volume. Lol plus most of their deals sre online vs what they stock.

I Spent the rest if the day stripping plastic dip off the hellcat hood I picked up on the same trip. My charger is white...so the green wasn't gonna cut it lol

20231124_143340.jpg

Summit Racing has these items on sale, if you minus 10% off with a coupon code, these are deals.

IMG_6406.jpeg

IMG_6407.jpeg

S&W had 15% off yesterday, almost pulled the trigger on a 10pt cage. I went back and forth last night trying to decide if I wanted to drive down to Philly on my day off. Couldn’t pull the trigger.

I guess that’s for next year.

They had a little 15w acoustic amp on sale for half price I nabbed. Ended up being pretty nice! I did see drum sticks on sale too. My annoyance with that place is the dualing shredders that just want to crank on every jackson or flying v they can find, at max volume. Lol plus most of their deals sre online vs what they stock.

I Spent the rest if the day stripping plastic dip off the hellcat hood I picked up on the same trip. My charger is white...so the green wasn't gonna cut it lol

View attachment 1716170475
Nice that the plastidipped it
I'm not a big fan of it, but it sure is nice how reversible it is

There weren't too many weekend warriors at the GC, but there were about a half a dozen drummer

Pretty fun to see them play in thier own styles
Even funner to see there was only one kid there who know how to handle a double bass pedal...not sure where he picked it all up but I learned him everything I know and he just ran with it

For a while ive been trying to master the drum line for "over the hills and far away" by nightwish

It written in 12/4 with triplets on the bass, 1 and 3 on the snare and every other bass hit on the floor

Took me forever to get it down, and I still can't sit down and start it at the proper tempo, I need to start at 80 or so and build it up

So I asked the boy if he ever tried it, and he sat down and blasted it

Nice that the plastidipped it
I'm not a big fan of it, but it sure is nice how reversible it is

There weren't too many weekend warriors at the GC, but there were about a half a dozen drummer

Pretty fun to see them play in thier own styles
Even funner to see there was only one kid there who know how to handle a double bass pedal...not sure where he picked it all up but I learned him everything I know and he just ran with it

For a while ive been trying to master the drum line for "over the hills and far away" by nightwish

It written in 12/4 with triplets on the bass, 1 and 3 on the snare and every other bass hit on the floor

Took me forever to get it down, and I still can't sit down and start it at the proper tempo, I need to start at 80 or so and build it up

So I asked the boy if he ever tried it, and he sat down and blasted it
The only place is really stuck was where the previous owner burned through the clear coat on a botched polish. This is as good as I'm gonna get it before I let the body shop DA it.

20231125_121724.jpg

20231124_143340.jpg

Well I started spending money I don’t have today. I bought a 46 inch black harbor freight Yukon workbench. I’ve had my eyes on it for months and my local store had one. This is for head assembly, vacuum testing, transmission rebuilding tools, and engine building tools and supplies. I belong to their club so
I got early entry to the Black Friday sale, 50.00 off on the box, no interest for 6 months, and double Harbor Freight points. Nice bench for 300.00

View attachment 1716169598

View attachment 1716169599

View attachment 1716169600

Well I started organizing today. All measuring tools up top and easy to get to. Then I’ll do transmission tools on one side and engine tools on the other. This will then free up space in my other boxes to organize my air tools a lot nicer.

IMG_0457.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

OK, I wasn't gonna buy anything, but I got an email from K1 Technologies about their black Friday sale still being on, checked it out, and found a forged 4 inch stroke 340 crank for less than $700 with free shipping. So I bit.

I have no immediate plans for it, may never get to it, but I already have a good set of rods and a good standard bore 340 block plus the complete top end on the 340 in my 65 Barracuda. All I need now is pistons. Maybe I'll live long enough to put together one more engine.

-
Back