Bought another one...... this ones a '85

-
Time for another one.

20190102_161050.jpg

Please tell me that's not yours. I'd put me a 512 in it.
It's not mine. It's my wifes. I gave it to her 27 years ago this march for our 3rd wedding anniversary. And put the tire on it, throw a battery in it, add fresh gas and drive it around.

Please tell me that's not yours. I'd put me a 512 in it.
If it weren't for me pushing him into a race this year, they'd all be like that... not running and covered in dust.
At least we'll get a Dart running. Next I'll challenge him to a truck race. Eventually, we'll get 'em all running :D

Adventures continue….
Took it to work last night (50 mile round trip). On the way home, got pulled over for plate light out. Got a warning for that and a crack in my window.
  • That light worked when I bought it..... :)
  • But hey, I checked today and there is power there, so it's the light and NOT the wiring :D

State or county.
Time for another picture.

20190102_161936.jpg

20190102_161948.jpg

It was a motor home before a fire wiped out the home part.
Now it is a 79 Dodge flat bed, A body hauler.
440 with 4.88 gears and duals. Unloaded stop light to stop light it has suprised many want to be's. lol

city cop - a town I passed through. Not a big deal, I was planning on replacing the window, and the light is nothing

city cop - a town I passed through. Not a big deal, I was planning on replacing the window, and the light is nothing
Did not realize you are such a rebel. Driving with no license plate light and a crack in your glass. Was the glass half-full or half-empty.?

Did not realize you are such a rebel. Driving with no license plate light and a crack in your glass. Was the glass half-full or half-empty.?
LOL..... maybe the truck has "that" appearance at midnight, but once he saw my innocent face he had to melt..... :D
I asked if I could look at the light, and he said "no, you'll have to wait till I leave"....

His name wasn't Barney was it? Did he have more than one bullet?
LOL.... I'll at least say this '85 Dodge has kept me entertained and threw some curve balls at me.... :D See what else this mystery machine will bring my way.. HA!

Ok.... LOL... so I've taken it to work a couple of times (50 mile round trip) and charging has been great…….. UNTIL last night. About half way home it discharged so bad that I had no headlights by the time I got home. Pulled everything from the battery in 12 minutes.... LOL Dead !!!

So, this morning, I charged the battery, then started it, and it's 14.1 and headlights and all are nice and bright... the gremlin struck again... :D

Last edited:
Alternator or regulator just a guess.
I think tomorrow I'll buy a new Alternator..... just seems like the thing to do right now. I have a new regulator that I haven't installed yet, but I'm thinking alternator...

I assumed you had a new alternator already. get the new alternator and replace the regulator and all will be good.
there I go assuming again. lol but it's a good assumption, I guess.

I assumed you had a new alternator already. get the new alternator and replace the regulator and all will be good.
there I go assuming again. lol but it's a good assumption, I guess.
Now hold on to your britches.... I tried another alternator that was proven good - when I had my old wiring harness on there. Since changing harnesses, it's charged fine. Never was discharging a problem. As far as regulators, I've tried 3. Oh, I've tried 3 batteries also. Again, all while it was overcharging. It's never discharged before (this was sucking the life out of the battery in 12 minutes)

-
Back