Broken heart

-
Man that is so scary and sad and frustrating
The first thing I was thinking was thank God your son wasn't driving!!
I'm glad you are both ok and noone was injured or worse. And I'm glad the car is savable. I dont have any early abodes stuff if I did I'd donate some parts.

Thank you very much. We appreciate it.

This fender is a big big score.

If we can find a facia this might not be to bad

Eric, hush up with all the my heart breaks stuff. lol Tell him "suck it up buttercup". In the end, he'll be stronger because of this. He's gone through the good with your dad and you. Now he gets to go through some bad........and make it good again. What a fantastic lesson.

Jason, suck it up buttercup! It'll be ok man! LOL

Lol. I know Rob. Your right.

It’s just hard when I was the one who did it. Lol.

But he’s coming around and accepting it.

Lol. I know Rob. Your right.

It’s just hard when I was the one who did it. Lol.

But he’s coming around and accepting it.

Man, he'll have that thing fixed so quick even you and grandpa won't believe it.

Good luck. Definately pull the trans and check it out.
I don't know of a why to really check the line pressures without putting it on a lift and running it with a gage.
Maybe that's what you'll have to do after its back together.

Good luck. Definately pull the trans and check it out.
I don't know of a why to really check the line pressures without putting it on a lift and running it with a gage.
Maybe that's what you'll have to do after its back together.

All of the road line pressures were fine. It slips out of gear at an idle. Idle pressure was a little low. I believe it’s a seal in the rear drum or a valve body side plate.

I still wonder if I didn’t grab first instead of third? I’m use to my car with a reverse valve body. But I’ve been driving this car all spring and have never done this before.

It’s all a blur honestly. But it’s the only thing that makes sense

Sorry to see this, brings back a bad memory from my first car when I was 16. I had a 70 dodge coronet 440 I was fixing up and we farmed back then, I was going to get feed and backed the farm truck into the front fender of my car. I remember how sick I was. I learned a big lesson on looking twice before backing. Then after I painted it I let my mother drive it and she ran it in a ditch and bent a A arm and the K frame, lucky no body damage, I fixed it and never held it against her, just glad she wasn't hurt. I learned a lot back then and gained experience working on it. Good to see y'all have parts to fix it sure is a neat little car.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for all you guys have done for this project you guys are like family and I appreciate all that you guys have done for this build. it feels good to know we’re not alone in this time of need. Thank you everyone for helping us and having our backs.
-Jason

Thank you everyone for all you guys have done for this project you guys are like family and I appreciate all that you guys have done for this build. it feels good to know we’re not alone in this time of need. Thank you everyone for helping us and having our backs.
-Jason
We are one big mopar family!
Dont keep on keeping on!! Like my old college professor told me when I failed one of his classes. Keep your head up and never give up everything is easier the second time!! He was being funny but at the same time he was being truthful because I did pass the 2nd time around haha

When you check the trans out look the sprag over really close.

That was our thoughts. But it drove up on the trailer like nothing happened.

Would a sprag allow it to do that?

Or did I just hit the wrong gear?

I would like to say I didn’t. But I can’t be for sure

I thought the 63 fenders were the same but everything between them was different up front. Glad you got the fender and nice grill. Im wondering if the 64 valence could fit and adapt the 63 parking lights? No history on a 63.

I hit R in a 727 and the 340 motor just stalled. Nothing locked up. Im betting a rear end part blew and locked the carrier. I cant picture an auto locking the output shaft with enough force to freeze the differential? Even throwing it into park would shear the park pawl long before the diff would lock up if it ever found the teeth. Check rear....

Last edited:
That was our thoughts. But it drove up on the trailer like nothing happened.

Would a sprag allow it to do that?

Or did I just hit the wrong gear?

I would like to say I didn’t. But I can’t be for sure
What you described with the rear locking up or going into first and locking up can cause damage to the sprag. If the sprag is damaged or loose, it can cause a catestrofic fail under power as it shifts into second.

What you described with the rear locking up or going into first and locking up can cause damage to the sprag. If the sprag is damaged or loose, it can cause a catestrofic fail under power as it shifts into second.

Gotcha. And with a failed sprag it would still drive forward and reverse. You wouldn’t know it’s failed till the trans shifts into second

Correct, would act just fine driving around. Under full throttle it could let go and blow apart. A trans shop should be able to check it for you. If it's good, good, or you can get a bolt in sprag.

I’m quite sure you will have it all fixed up soon and be back on the road having adventures of a lifetime together! This is just a blip along the journey.

B6421B54-E41A-4917-86C0-EC98BEB2B6AF.jpeg

Not for nothin but I’d feel the same way as you do. Being crushed by your sons disappointment is a tough nut to crack.

From me to you and your son, have no worries. Your both well and alive and ready to get it done. Tell your son from me not to worry or be upset to long. This makes me wish I had body parts to send you.

Live and learn little buddy

I remember 5 years ago, I broke my ankle while out dirtbiking
I wasn't very happy at the time, but looking back on it, it was one of the best things that ever happened to me
Glad for u, I messed up my knees, especially the left one , in a 4 wheeler wreck. B

The broken heart will heal. Sorry to hear the car was damaged but above reads like you'll get past that too.
Looking forward to learning the actual cause of sudden lockup. I met a guy who has a 69 Charger in his carport that hasn't moved in years. Many years back when he and his brother would drive it and drag race it, it locked up on the dragstrip... full story, it happened twice. Scared his brother away from the car.
Back when I met him ( he put new roof on my house about 5 years ago ) He told me he has another dana 60 rear to put under it but he doesn't have time for it and brother wants nothing more to do with it, so it just sits there.

The broken heart will heal. Sorry to hear the car was damaged but above reads like you'll get past that too.
Looking forward to learning the actual cause of sudden lockup. I met a guy who has a 69 Charger in his carport that hasn't moved in years. Many years back when he and his brother would drive it and drag race it, it locked up on the dragstrip... full story, it happened twice. Scared his brother away from the car.
Back when I met him ( he put new roof on my house about 5 years ago ) He told me he has another dana 60 rear to put under it but he doesn't have time for it and brother wants nothing more to do with it, so it just sits there.

My valiant has a reverse pattern valve body.

Jason’s has a normal forward pattern valve body.

I don’t remember if I pushed forward for pulled back for high gear.

We can’t think of anything that would cause this problem, yet still move just fine in reverse and drive. We drove it on the trailer.

The only thing that makes sense is that I shifted it into low instead of high.

I don’t remember. It happened so quickly.

We’re hoping to have it together for prom……on Saturday……follow along……it’s going to be one helluva ride!

We made some KILLER progress today.

We got the radiator saddle pushed out and manipulated back into place.

Grandpa took hammer and dollies to our EXISTING gravel pan. He said, I think I can save it. I had my doubts. He KILLED it. We mocked it up with our new fender so we could figure out where else it needs to be manipulated.

We made a lot of progress today.

We got this!!!!!

4A60CBE4-C2FB-4B35-B214-FBE8D7DC0A54.jpeg
898AD4C3-3B3D-430D-BB7A-CA620EE97D80.jpeg
9874D950-11F0-401F-B07C-1394FB39E255.jpeg
49F83CBA-050C-4BB3-988D-47B7BA08773A.jpeg
5DA3B301-898F-4B35-B822-D70992EA6E42.jpeg
BC25248C-C4DB-4261-A4BA-649BAA453868.jpeg
C1806492-A905-4B1A-B678-102862C607FF.jpeg
F7153F55-3E84-44BE-8C40-1E8D67A686B5.jpeg
522C0AFB-F81D-454A-BE26-1B51CF5520BA.jpeg
77EE0553-5A06-4B68-B324-38D8F3D9F67E.jpeg

Thank you all for the support. Thank you all for the encouragement.

We’re hoping tomorrow to get the fender and gravel pan final fitting done, give it a slick of filler, block it down, and maybe get them in primer.

We have our work cut out for us. Prom is Saturday night at 5 pm.

If we pull this off……the paint will probably still be wet. Lol.

Here we go!

-
Back