Building a wrecked SRT8 Challenger

-
Nice score!! I just picked up a '12 SRT8 Challenger Yellow Jacket a couple of months ago.
Most fun you can have with your pants on LOL....

I agree. I took my truck in to have a piece of the exhaust mount welded today and somehow ended up behind the wheel of an 11 SRT8 6 spd. Standing start on an NC country road with traction control off 1/4 mile in 14.6 @ 95mph not trying too hard....you will have fun and recommend you keep your clothes on!

Mike! As always I think you willl do a great job with the car. Looking forward to see the result. :coffee2:

Don't know how I missed this before Mike, but this is exciting. Looks like you are already having fun with it. (You are also putting ideas in other peoples heads) LOL.

A little color and a little clear. One step closer. We need to buff the original panels to confirm a good color match. Orange pearl is tougher to match than you night think. tmm

Attachments

• IMG_20131119_100859.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 568
We blended the door and we are hopeful the fender top against the hood will be close. We might have to blend into the drivers side of the hood but we would rather not. We need to buff the hood and the drivers quarter to get the gloss to match then take it outside.

When you look at it under fluorescent lights the panels that don't match very well are both factory paint but the clear is different. We might have to experiment a bit.

Just a front bumper bracket and a inner fender and the front end will be together. Next step is the windshield, dash and bags. We're not in a hurry. Plenty of time before spring arrives. tmm

Attachments

• IMG_20131231_092127.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 484
Still looking for parts. We don't have much left to do. We are hoping there is a dash, bags and module available. We lucked out with the wheels and got a great deal from toplscuda here on FABO with the oil pan and pick-up. We still have time to stumble into parts we need. tmm

Attachments

• IMG_20131231_092127.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 443
Hey toolmanmike, I just came across your thread. You're a little ahead of us here. My son bought a wrecked 2010 SRT8 on March 7th off eBay. It wasn't hurt as bad as yours but it did have a salvage title. Ours came out of North Carolina. The shop we bought it from already had the sheet metal work done. The crash didn't get back to the windshield or pop the air bags. I'm sure we gave more for ours than you did though. My son's got it in Des Moines now but it'll be going in for paint in a few weeks. How's yours coming along?

View attachment 0.jpgView attachment 1.jpg
View attachment 2.jpgView attachment 3.jpg
View attachment 4.jpgView attachment 5.jpg
View attachment 6.jpgView attachment 7.jpg

Thanks for the response. Nice car you guys have. Our progress is slow. We have the seat belts in for rebuild and we need to remove the windshield, replace the dash and bags, and reinstall the glass. Then align it and tidy up a couple other loose ends. Can't wait to take it for my first drive.. tmm

Got the inspection done and title transferred today. The car is 99% completed. I got to drive it for the first time today. I am still smiling ear to ear! Lots of fun for sure. I stopped at home and snapped a few photos. tmm

Attachments

• 015 (2).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 290
  • 018 (2).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 016 (3).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 019 (2).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 267
Anyone want to rebuild this one? :eek:ops:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 227
:thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig: Looking good!

Keep the progress going. Looks good

Anyone want to rebuild this one? :eek:ops:
Ouch! I have seen a few of these cars wadded up like that. I'm sure high speed has something to do with it. Yesterday I was doing 80 in third before I knew it. lol

Looks great Mike! We going to see you in Columbus this weekend?
Richard

Looks great Mike. I know theirs some people peps on here that love to rag on those Challengers,but aren't those just a dream to drive and look at.

-
Back