Can someone please help me with this? Wiper motor/wiring issue... (with pics)

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
I purchased a two speed harness from someone on here, first pic, but the existing unit does not seem to have plug ins like the harness? (second pic) I do not even see how to get the existing unit to plug into the main harness at all...

If anyone has experience in these matters I would be most greatful for you guidance...

2 speed.jpg

3 speed.jpg

I purchased a two speed harness from someone on here, first pic, but the existing unit does not seem to have plug ins like the harness? (second pic) I do not even see how to get the existing unit to plug into the main harness at all...

If anyone has experience in these matters I would be most greatful for you guidance...

View attachment 1714961065

View attachment 1714961066
My Dad thinks that maybe the original wiper motor is 3 speed and is somehow externally different? If so, how does it plug in etc?

That is a three speed motor so that harness won't work at all you would need to swap out every thing including the wiper switch and the wiring to it. Better just get the right harness for it.

If the motor is correct to the car and has the original wiper switch then the harness is incorrect as you have noted. It is a 2 speed harness. If I am correct the harness plug is attached directly to the wiring from the motor on 3-speed. From the pics you posted it appears the harness was cut just past the strain relief. Not sure if there is a new harness that can used and soldered in but. Go to mymopar.com and get the factory wiring diagrams. Perhaps you can adapt the 2 speed harness to work.

You bought a harness for a 2 speed wiper motor and have a variable speed wiper motor installed in the car. They are two different systems. The one you have is wired directly into the bulk head connector. There are manuals to download for free in the general discussion area I believe. You may have to add wires to make the connections. I can't tell where or if they are cut.

Here you go

Free service manuals

You bought a harness for a 2 speed wiper motor and have a variable speed wiper motor installed in the car. They are two different systems. The one you have is wired directly into the bulk head connector. There are manuals to download for free in the general discussion area I believe. You may have to add wires to make the connections. I can't tell where or if they are cut.

Here you go

Free service manuals
So it is wired directly unto the bulkhead connector, but it should have some way of plugging into the main harness right?
Idon't get it... sigh

Here's pics of my factory setup. It is a 2 spd with variable. In pics with my finger, you can see which wires go to bulkhead connector. As people mentioned, all pieces have to match, motor, switch and harness.

20160824_021613.jpg

20160824_021643.jpg

20160824_021655.jpg

In 2nd pic the wires that run to the bulkhead are the wires that run under the small steel tab.
In 3rd pic im pointing to bulkhead connector. The wires run to the outside connector closest to drivers side.

In 2nd pic the wires that run to the bulkhead are the wires that run under the small steel tab.
In 3rd pic im pointing to bulkhead connector. The wires run to the outside connector closest to drivers side.
Thank u so much! Now I know and can see where to plug wires were cut and where they should plug in!!!!

You're a good man :)

-
Back