Caution when dealing with member awsig

-
I am guessing by now a lot of the active members here have flagged or blocked aswig and will not deal with him. I certainly wouldnt sell him anything now.

the only thing I did wrong in this situation is take someone's word who I thought had some knowledge on the parts being sold. my car didn't have the brackets when purchased, so I had nothing to go off of.
it isn't the buyers responsibility to do the sellers job by verifying part numbers. its the sellers job to know what there selling. if you don't know what your selling, don't sell it. if you have doubt in what your selling, say so in the add. so yes, this would fall under the category of "false advertising".
No way any day!!!
You seen a part, purchased it with out doing any homework.
YOU should have asked questions!
You took the chance and it didn’t work out for you!
This is your fault 100%.

The problem is YOU were a prick and thought you should get your shipping back. You have got to be shitting me? You been around this stuff much?

If you buy from anyone and get the wrong part shipping is NEVER part of the deal.

He offered you your money back and you pricked up. That's on YOU.
AGREE!!!
100%!!!!

Just thinking furtherly, wouldn’t be great if the header companies fell under this!

“Hey! Your **** don’t fit and I’m not dinging them to make them fit. Give me my purchase price back and the shipping costs!!!”

Every fool would be ordering headers overnight ($$$$$$) and then shipping them back at the lowest cost possible.!!!!

You could actually make money that way at the cost of a phone call!!!!

Lol I was being sarcastic Joe (a free service I offer) Lol
I understand buyers frustration, but it's buyer beware. If you bought them at a pawn shop or swap meet would you be able to return them?
Aswig these are 50 year old cars, do YOUR homework/research or ask questions. You'e been here 2 years almost, that' plenty of time to figure out bumper brackets.
No the issue here is he has a 1973... Scamp I think... Needs the bumper brackets for a 1973 Scamp/Duster which is what I thought I had (bought a while ago as 73 brackets). The brackets he bought are 1970-72 brackets....

Riddler

Well, Riddler is a long time member since 2009. He has 18 positive feedback ratings. Odds are there is more but people are not good at leaving positive feedback. Awsig is a 2 year member with now 1 negative feedback. Again, there could be positive but it doesn't show. It appears to me one reputation has been tarnished over an opinion on shipping costs. The other will remain in good standing. Regardless of right or wrong, this is fact.
I know if I buy something, I will be sure it is what I'm after. I do have a fairly good idea of how my stuff looks though. A miscommunication and lack of knowledge has now turned into a bad deal for both parties.
Good luck with paypal boys.

I think awsig should buy a 70-72 car to fit the brackets. Seriously, this sport isn't for the financially timid. Restoring and keeping these old cars running is dollars after dollars after dollars. BTW if the brackets are worth more than the year they were bought as, reselling them could even be profitable.

Riddler: I’ve still got them. They were blasted clean and are in great shape. I sprayed a little black on the part numbers to see them in pictures.

Caveat Emptor has been the rule since forever; especially with ancient used car parts I would think.

Post #16 mentions pictures where the part numbers are hilited with black spray paint. I'm curious, where are those pictures? Were they shared? If I was making the purchase I would have jumped on that tidbit and asked for the part numbers pre-purchase.

I would take the lesson and move on.

Wow, this really surprises me on how many people are sticking up for the seller. He straight up mis advertised the part and even admits the HE didn't do his homework on what he was selling.
But instead were going to black ball the buyer, because he must be some scammer or so unreasonable the think the bought what was being advertised.
I understand, do your homework before you buy, but come on, the guy didn't even know what he was selling.
No one is going to put up with anyone selling parts that aren't properly listed before everyone wants them blacked balled for false advertising.
If it were me, I'd be refunding the shipping both ways and refunding the guy all his money.

I feel for the seller...I sold on fleabay for 15 years then got scammed by buyers three times in one year.

One guy in England bought a rare Euro carb from me, stripped out all the internals than got his money AND $110 shipping back because I sent him an incomplete carb.

Another scumbag bought a set of early Hemi pistons... My ad clearly stated the done height and the compression ratio depended on head CC's , gasket thickness, etc. He complained that they weren't 10-1 compression and got HIS money back.

The best one was the guy that bought a nice 750 AFB from me. The post office delivered it. No mention of damage. The guy complains to eBay that I did not package it properly and it was not in the box when it was delivered. He showed a pic of the front of the box I used with his address and postage... The rest of the box was smashed and ripped open but was not the same box I shipped it in.

Bastards....

Last edited:
I feel for the seller...I sold on fleabay for 15 years then got scammed by buyers three times in one year.

One guy i nEngland

But on the other hand, if I bought something off Summit listed as being a fit for my year car and they sent me something else why would I feel I should ship their wrong stuff back and forth on my dime?

Seeing it both ways here, but Paypal has the ball now and I'd bet anything it's going to come out in favor of only one of them now.

But on the other hand, if I bought something off Summit listed as being a fit for my year car and they sent me something else why would I feel I should ship their wrong stuff back and forth on my dime?

Seeing it both ways here, but Paypal has the ball now and I'd bet anything it's going to come out in favor of only one of them now.

I wouldn't pay a penny for Summit's or any big outfit's screwup like that either HOWEVER I'm sure that these Vendors account for this type of error on their part by building a little extra into their regular pricing. It's just overhead to them that we all pay for anyway. I know that I have paid a hell of a lot more by purchasing the majority of my parts from larger vendors (retail vs. private/used) than I could have done privately but I believe (in my situation) that the premium paid is worth avoiding situations like this, especially when I'M fuzzy about what I am looking for.

Had a similar deal, sold two bezels on ebay that the buyer asked me to sell them to him after the ad expired. Next thing I find out thru Pay Pal is he filed a dispute claiming they weren't what he thought they should be. In the end Pay Pal told him to send them back to me and when I informed them they were in my possession they sent him back the original price plus the shipping. It was up to the BUYER to pay shipping back to me! Which I would have handled the same way had he contacted me in the first place.

Last edited:
4 pages of basically two opinions?

i see the buyers point, and i think if i had misrepresented a part like such, i would eat it...but that is not my choice to make now

At the end of the day I offered him a refund for the amount the parts cost. I'm not going to eat $45USD plus another $45USD to ship them back to me in Canada. That's well over $125CDN for just shipping the parts. I'm not eating that.

As to misrepresenting the parts, I listed them exactly how I bought them. I was sold them as 1973/74 Duster brackets, didn't use them and was trying to resell them with pictures. Buyer sent me a message 4 months after I stopped lowering the price and I assumed no one wanted them. I offered him more pictures, told him I sprayed some black paint on the part numbers. He didn't need to see more pics, just offered to buy. I assumed he was going to modify them or knew what they were. Were the brackets listed wrong? I'm not sure? I didn't document the part numbers before I sent them and as far as I know these are different parts. I can't be 100% sure.

Riddler

I'm out $41,850.00 that I had to pay to two greedy nieces that didn't deserve a nickel. Such is life. Send the buyer 45.00 and tell him to keep them and resell them. Shipping hassles is why I won't ship across the border.

I'm out $41,850.00 that I had to pay to two greedy nieces that didn't deserve a nickel. Such is life. Send the buyer 45.00 and tell him to keep them and resell them. Shipping hassles is why I won't ship across the border.
I'd love to. Made him that offer. He refused it. I'd love to send him the $45 and tell him to do whatever he wants with the brackets but alas he is only willing to accept $90 as a full refund.

Riddler

At the end of the day I offered him a refund for the amount the parts cost. I'm not going to eat $45USD plus another $45USD to ship them back to me in Canada. That's well over $125CDN for just shipping the parts. I'm not eating that.

As to misrepresenting the parts, I listed them exactly how I bought them. I was sold them as 1973/74 Duster brackets, didn't use them and was trying to resell them with pictures. Buyer sent me a message 4 months after I stopped lowering the price and I assumed no one wanted them. I offered him more pictures, told him I sprayed some black paint on the part numbers. He didn't need to see more pics, just offered to buy. I assumed he was going to modify them or knew what they were. Were the brackets listed wrong? I'm not sure? I didn't document the part numbers before I sent them and as far as I know these are different parts. I can't be 100% sure.

Riddler

I totally understand, as I have "cut my nose off to spite my face" before as well just to be right.:D
I have also eaten shitty situations to stop hard feelings from destroying not just my relationship here, but also hard feelings caused by disagreements among others discussing it.
Hell, I have even refunded 100 bucks to a buyer to whom I didn't even sell the part to stop exactly this type of disagreement from going even farther.
I just seems one of you could let it go for the greater good.

Of course you know what opinions are like.:D

I'd love to. Made him that offer. He refused it. I'd love to send him the $45 and tell him to do whatever he wants with the brackets but alas he is only willing to accept $90 as a full refund.

Riddler
Well that is what two reasonable people should do. But what actually transpires remains to be seen. Good luck.

Personally, I would keep the parts and resell them (probably at a profit) but I'm not a participant in this transaction.

I hope you guys find a way to settle this amicably. Life is too short to fall down over this.

Well I will say that after 4 pages of disagreement you guys are still treating each other rather respectfully.

hell,..i thought erry body with a 73 up wanted 70-72 bumper brackets to save weight or am i confused again???

that's just plain d=bullshit..if you saw the pics and bought ..too bad...its not a retail( business) transaction....where warranty and fitment issues are addressed..they are used parts...this is bullshit trivial garbage on the buyers side...you should try buyin from the other side of the world..and finding the parts you bought from reputable business houses are wrong, packed or labelled wrong...different model etc..we cant send back,,the shipping is horrendous..we just suck it up, or onsell....

-
Back