Caution when dealing with member awsig

-
This is why many businesses don't accept American Express. I think PayPal learned from them. Imagine having money taken from your account with absolutely no warning and having to go through a 90 day process to maybe get it back. If a customer doesn't like the color they picked...no problem. Charge back the whole $100,000 job. Scumbags use the 90 days to play with their money, or just buyers remorse.

ive bought countless things that wouldnt work for my application.... i always just eat the costs as a lesson learned, unless its a brand new item i dont see the point in fighting over a couple bucks not worth the headache imo

Nope.... just awaiting word now to see how much I'm going to get bit in the ***. It's at $90USD so far... I do have appeal rights but by reading Paypal forums it says don't expect much. They are terrible to deal with.

Riddler

You are probably almost better off just taking a postal money order. They can counterfeit those but you can verify them easily.

This is a bad deal for you.

I have no idea why the dude thinks he gets his shipping back. I buy lots of stuff from FABO members and NEVER had an issue with ANY of them (if I knew how to leave positive feed back I would because every transaction has been perfect) and it makes me sick to see this happen.

I damn sure won't do business with this guy for sure.

You are probably almost better off just taking a postal money order. They can counterfeit those but you can verify them easily.

This is a bad deal for you.

I have no idea why the dude thinks he gets his shipping back. I buy lots of stuff from FABO members and NEVER had an issue with ANY of them (if I knew how to leave positive feed back I would because every transaction has been perfect) and it makes me sick to see this happen.

I damn sure won't do business with this guy for sure.

Here's a quick link. Leaving Feedback after buying or selling to another member

Your feedback might be the difference between me selling to someone.

Riddler

we are all here to help each other and when we get someone that is dishonest it should put a mark on him. I'm not to smart in some things and if I buy something that I think should fit and it will not fit than it's my fault not the sellers I will live with my mistake. you did nothing wrong as far as I can see.

A couple of years ago when I was working on my dash, I found that the mounting ears on my Heater Control were broken off. I contacted Stephens Performance and spoke to Jackie. I told her what I needed, and also let her know that I was more than somewhat uncomfortable buying something sight unseen from a boneyard as I didn't want junk. Her exact words to me at the time were "it doesn't do either of us any good if she sent me junk".

When I got the piece they sent me I was more than disappointed to see that it had suffered some major heat damage - the lettering had turned brownish, and the hole the light socket went in was distorted and oblong. No way that thing was going in my car. I sent the attached pictures to them to show them what the problem was.

Ted Stephens response:
Junk?
I don't know what you expected. That control is as good as it will get on a used one.
(The one I have was equally used)
The switch was checked for operation before it was shipped. (Actually barely moved)
The faceplate on your broken up one could be switched to improve the looks.
You can return it if you want.
There will be a 20% restock fee.
Call for a Return Authorization number.
Ed

I paid another $16.50 to ship it back and ate the 20% (of $159US). Rather than have a "Kotex blowout" over it, I just took my lumps and lost Stephens' phone number. Then I figured out how to repair the damage on my original unit and got on with life.

100_5635b.jpg
100_5639.JPG
100_5636.JPG

Last edited:
A couple of years ago when I was working on my dash, I found that the mounting ears on my Heater Control were broken off. I contacted Stephens Performance and spoke to Jackie. I told her what I needed, and also let her know that I was more than somewhat uncomfortable buying something sight unseen from a boneyard as I didn't want junk. Her exact words to me at the time were "it didn't do either of us any good if she sent me junk".

When I got the piece they sent me I was more than disappointed to see that it had suffered some major heat damage - the lettering had turned brownish, and the hole the light socket went in was distorted and oblong. No way that thing was going in my car. I sent the attached pictures to them to show them what the problem was.

Ted Stephens response:
Junk?
I don't know what you expected. That control is as good as it will get on a used one.
(The one I have was equally used)
The switch was checked for operation before it was shipped. (Actually barely moved)
The faceplate on your broken up one could be switched to improve the looks.
You can return it if you want.
There will be a 20% restock fee.
Call for a Return Authorization number.
Ed

I paid another $16.50 to ship it back and ate the 20% (of $159US). Rather than have a "Kotex blowout" over it, I just took my lumps and lost Stephens' phone number. Then I figured out how to repair the damage on my original unit and got on with life.

View attachment 1715126583 View attachment 1715126584

That's how you get screwed by a Seller!
It took me some time before I trusted people on this web site. I see that most of you are good people and just would like to thank you all that have helped me. Would like to meet up with you all someday. and you that are dishonest yea would like to meet up with you too,

This is exactly why 70 percent of what I have saved since 1990 is getting recycled. I just make my money elsewhere.... Who needs the headache? I don't. I see all sides to this story but this is not alot of money and is worthy of a compromise.... I don't know the buyer and never will but don't come near me..... Ain't no time for that. Live and learn.

JW

I think I would've accepted the $45 and resold the brackets to make up for it and been done. Everybody makes mistakes, in this case both parties did, so why does one guy come out scott free and the other takes all the crap? Bullsheet.

to whom do I write the check or you probably prefer cash. I didn't know this was a Chevy forum, because I'm use to spending a couple hundred on Mopar parts. I can't believe 2 grown men would battle over a measly 90 bucks on an open forum. Unbelievable !

Sorry to read Joe. Way back when you started this thread I said I will never deal with him in any way.
What a clown @awsig

Exactly how I see it. He is on my avoid list for sure.....and yes, I really have one. What a douchebag.

I'll try to be short and sweet about this.
A couple of years ago a guy on here needed to replace his rear frame rails on a '74 Dart, the last foot or so. (Impact style rear bumper)
I was planning a visit to my brother and it's also where i keep my parts cars which is about a 400 mile round trip.
Thought i would be nice and get them for him without making a special trip.
I cut them out of a '72 Duster, boxed them up, and sent them out.
The guy paid me $50 for the rails, and $50 for shipping.
He waited a month and when he went to install them, noticed that the support plate wasn't in the rails i sent, and wanted a refund.
I told him that when we discussed this originally, he could take his support plate out of his old ones and weld them in to the older rails and drill another hole. That is what was agreed upon before i even sent them.
He changed his mind, and wanted correct ones to start with.
I ended up going back out there (in a snow storm i may add) and cut out some other ones out of a '74 Dart 4 door and sent them to him, and he was very pleased with them.
He sent me back the other ones and i paid $50 shipping to have them sent back.
Overall, he was a great guy to deal with, and it was my fault i suppose because i didn't send him the EXACT right parts to start with. He said that he could just change the support plate and be happy, so i believed him. I've done it before and it's pretty easy. (His wasn't going to be a concours car anyway)
Bottom line is, it cost me $100 for shipping plus about $100 for back and forth costs to travel and make this deal right.
And of course, nothing for time spent (about 10 hours total) and extra travelling, etc. so i'm out of pocket for $150.
However, my reputation is worth more than that..............
So i ate it.
And learned something along the line.

I wish the both of you success in a amicable resolution to your situation.
Doing the RIGHT thing is sometimes hard...........
(Think about it you guys).
Actually. I was that guy dartnut. The problem wasn't the support plate. the problem was the frame rails themselves were too narrow. They are wider on the 74. who knew?

you were great to deal with. you got me the right parts. shipped them to me.

If you remember. I paid shipping back to you on the wrong sized parts.

I know it was a lot of work for you ( was for me too)

I appreciate everything you did

peace

Now I'm getting very frustrated! The buyer @awsig has shipped the brackets back to via UPS. Which if I was in the USA wouldn't be a big deal. However I'm in Canada, which means now I'll be paying even more.

$90USD for the brackets
13% taxes for import on $90 insured brackets
UPS broker fee which will be in the $40-75CDN range.

Plus god knows what else.

Here's the grand total thus far: $90USD which is $120CDN
$15.60CDN for taxes
$40-75 broker fee through UPS

Grand Total: $175-$210CDN. For a pair of bumper brackets.

Watch for some FS posts in the near future to cover this expense.

Riddler

Now I'm getting very frustrated! The buyer @awsig has shipped the brackets back to via UPS. Which if I was in the USA wouldn't be a big deal. However I'm in Canada, which means now I'll be paying even more.

$90USD for the brackets

$15.60CDN for taxes

Riddler

Either a very uninformed buyer/seller, or a very vindictive move. Everybody that knows anything about shipping knows that you only send things to Canada, or any foreign country, by the USPS, due to the brokerage fees. Even tho he is close to me, and I have the parts he needs, I respectfully decline to offer them up.

Actually. I was that guy dartnut. The problem wasn't the support plate. the problem was the frame rails themselves were too narrow. They are wider on the 74. who knew?

you were great to deal with. you got me the right parts. shipped them to me.

If you remember. I paid shipping back to you on the wrong sized parts.

I know it was a lot of work for you ( was for me too)

I appreciate everything you did

peace
Thanks for your response, rustyswinger.
The bottom line is that we were both able to work through it and you got your parts, and i learned a valuable lesson.
The thing that bothers me the most was the delay caused by me in you getting the correct parts caused by my screw up.
Oh well, live and learn..........

Used auto parts,non taxable....just sayin.

Thanks for your response, rustyswinger.
The bottom line is that we were both able to work through it and you got your parts, and i learned a valuable lesson.
The thing that bothers me the most was the delay caused by me in you getting the correct parts caused by my screw up.
Oh well, live and learn..........

The delay didnt hurt me. I always have a million other projects on the go with this formerly rusty swinger!
You are right, we worked through it and I hope both came out ok. My car is dang near ready, and heck the mechanic passed my inspection with flying colours.

The frame rails you got back from me, were pretty much prepped for install If I recall correctly. I hope you managed to use them or sell them. They were Beautiful!

All the best.

Dave

Duty free. I was reading about shipping used parts into canada. Dunno, maybe i’m mistaken.
Regardless of the end result,being un-cooperative is NOT the way to do business at any level. Buyer should be ashamed of himself. I dont know how he could look at himself in the mirror and think hes a good person. Probably hasnt shaved in a couple weeks.

Duty free. I was reading about shipping used parts into canada. Dunno, maybe i’m mistaken.
Regardless of the end result,being un-cooperative is NOT the way to do business at any level. Buyer should be ashamed of himself. I dont know how he could look at himself in the mirror and think hes a good person. Probably hasnt shaved in a couple weeks.

Duty Free yes, Taxes no. Ontario is 14% HST. Then there are UPS broker fee's. I'm going to do the leg work to self clear the load. Hopefully that saves me some coin so it's not a double loss.

I wish the buyer was willing to work with on this. However he wasn't and I'm sure this will cost him far worse in the future.

Riddler

$90USD for the brackets

$15.60CDN for taxes

Riddler

There are only two options.

The guy is a complete prick and he's giving you the dry high hard one.

He just doesn't have a clue and doesn't realize how bad he is boning you.

Either way it sucks and should have never come to this.

-
Back