Chassis problem

-
Marcohotrod has the idea,
The 3000lb springs, and fully adjustable shocks could help a bit.
A lot more compression damping on the right, and a lot more rebound damping on the left.
Adding a front-half leaf segment on top of the main leaf on the right side, and clamping it up.
A sway bar on the back could also help in this situation.
Of course, in the re-engineer/spend big camp, 4 link, ladder bar, coil-over...
Hey, a lot of guys love seeing it all twisted up...
Tell the right rear tire THERE IS NOT A TURD ON THE TRACK, STOP TRYING TO STEP OVER IT!

Looks like a rear spring problem to me.
Weight transfer is good, hook must be good
as per 60ft times.
Looks like more weight needs to be shifted over
to the left rear as it looks like it about to lose traction.
Might clamp the left front leafs and see what happens.
Or maybe unclamp the right.
Could trade sides with the springs.
Cheaper to try first than Caltracs.

I don't see any indication of body twist.
I see unbalanced springs.

Is it possible that your "SS Springs" are on the wrong side? Which side set higher on you car? if its the driver side there on the wrong side, and would explain a lot.

Look and see which front segment has more leafs in it. Could be your hole problem!!!!!

left rear shock wants more rebound dampening, right rear shock more compression dampening. and yes the rear springs want to be the 3412002/3 for 3000-3200 pound car.

I agree with this guy. everything should be in the shock settings front and back. also before you change springs do something with the left front shock adjustment too. make sure the setting is completely opposite it is now. stiffen it up all the way and make sure the right front is as loose as it can be.

Was thinking of moving batteries to driver side. Will look at clamps on springs. Was thinking of going ladder bar and coil over. Picked up a set of tubs, and a friend has a set of ladder bars for me. We have a set of cal tracks on my sons car that we shortened the bar on. Came off of a camaro. The hood and grill gives people something to talk about. Lol. Car varies in 60 slightly. Trying to correct that.

That will help nothing. It's not a weight issue. It's a spring issue. The axle housing is wrapping the right rear spring, which is causing the tire to lift, which is why the body is so low.

I agree with some of the others. It has to be the springs. Are you sure they are on the correct sides. I had SS springs on my Demon with a pinion snubber and it left level. A best 60 ft. of 1.36. It also had 2 in lowering blocks on it , I did not like it jacked up in the rear.

Attachments

• Demon 2 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 194
Rear springs have 2800lbs Ss spring numbers on them. Has the same amount of springs on both sides. If I remember correct the right usually has more leafs in front. Just bought a set of cal trac mono leafs. Going to take cal track of my sons car and give it a try. On a job in Hawaii but will tackle son as I get back

Rear springs have 2800lbs Ss spring numbers on them. Has the same amount of springs on both sides. If I remember correct the right usually has more leafs in front. Just bought a set of cal trac mono leafs. Going to take cal track of my sons car and give it a try. On a job in Hawaii but will tackle son as I get back

if a car w/ a 10 point cage is still breaking wind shields, the cage must be a piece of junk !
I still think the guy would know if his car is twisting. look at the doors, rear bumper, they`re correct in relation to the body. if it was twisting that bad, the doors would show it in the pics, and they wouldn't close right when he got back to the pits. and, would change how they close every run. been there done that as they say .

I have never seen a true set of SS springs with the same number of leaves for both sides

2800 lbs springs do. I used to own a set.

There are more clamps on the front segment of the right spring on 2800 lbs ones. Helps with the axle wrap on that side and trying to unload the right rear tire.

My Dart sat high in the rear with them, and level.

On my 67 Belvedere, the car sat high in the rear, and slightly higher on the right side with 3800 lbs springs.

by the way, look at the part numbers on the springs.

Odd number goes on drivers side, even on passenger. I'm 90% sure thats right.

I think those are the 863/864 springs.

Limit the front travel to 4-6"....
QA1 in the rear......
If that dont help.... I agree with the others... Rear springs are junk...

Just my 2 cents... :)

It's all mixed up. Actually 68 grill, cowl hood, 73 fenders. Lol. I like it better then 73 grill. Need to put some demon or duster tail lights. Lol

Update. Added cal trac bars and mono leafs. Car leaves straight with both wheels 2-3 inches in the air. No more Gbody look.

I agree with this guy. everything should be in the shock settings front and back. also before you change springs do something with the left front shock adjustment too. make sure the setting is completely opposite it is now. stiffen it up all the way and make sure the right front is as loose as it can be.
Try this. Shocks dont need to be set even side to side. Besides what you gonna do when yer kid wants his cal tracs back?

-
Back