Checking In

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Sorry I have been away for so long. I have been trying to piece together my life and also take care of my daughter and granddaughter. My granddaughter has gone to live with her Mother and it is just Gina and I now. Life is so different. Lots of free time but also lots of loneliness still and pain are my constant companions now. Went back to work last Friday running appliance repairs for a Home Warranty company. 1st time in 15 months I worked. I did not intend to stay off the forums as long as I have but I just needed time to get my emotions in check. It has been hard. Thanks for everything you all did for myself and my family. Believe me I have not forgotten all of this. Just checking right now. I will be posting more and more as time allows. Regina is still very much a mess over her Mom's death and I have been trying to work with her to stabilize her emotions. She just had her last day of High School yesterday but she is not going to attend her graduation ceremony.

........I really feel for you Tom, you are a very strong man to deal with all the heartbreak in your life....Its not easy loosing your wife/best friend, now you have others that need your attention/love....Glad to hear you have work again................kim.......

One day at a time Sir. Picking up the pieces is a very difficult thing to do. Glad to see you had some work. Sitting will only make things more miserable. As a very wise friend once told me.....you have to crawl before you walk....and walk before you run. Take your time....but always try to move forward...

hey man, glad you have work again. it is a must for the healing process I believe. and, healing takes time, how much? as long as it takes. like said, you have to start with baby steps, and go from there.

I'm glad that things are getting better for you and you are back to work... Spend lots of time with your daughter to help you both get through this, you both need each other's help and company...

Hopefully positive things will keep happening for you both...

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing...

Been wondering how you are doing. Glad to hear you are coping and back working. It will get easier as time goes on but memories will always be there both good and bad. Try to focus on all the good times spend as much time with Gina as you can. You are all she has now. Best of luck in the future. Joe

Thanks for checking in Tom. Your daughters healing will also be yours. Heal together. Attending graduation might help with that but I understand her not wanting to go. Congrats to her!
Hope the granddaughter is doing good with Mom.
Work will help like others have said, baby steps bud.

Tom,bless your family,..and for dealing with the difficulties... Lost Moms last year,the family still haven't decided how to deal with it , personally. It isn't ....a. easy thing.....

Glad to hear from you Tom. My wife and I have prayed a lot for you & your daughter. I can't imagine the feelings you've had to deal with. Only God can help you heal from something as difficult as what you've been through

-
Back