Chrysler brings back the Dodge Dart

-
Is anybody really excited about this.Its just a name use, nothing more. Almost as bad as a 4 Door CHARGER. NO THANKS.

It will be a car of this time in auto making. Hopefully it will help Dodge stay in business.

NO WAY! hahaha hey there is like a HUGE thread about this all ready

In response to a few of the comments above.

That is one cheap and ugly looking interior (per website above).

I still love the idea of a new Dart. However, I'm done with new cars. Roll that 2013 Dart off the lot and watch several thousand dollars evaporate instantly.

The caliber was diarrhea on wheels.

All of us got screwed by Chrysler (old and new Chrysler).

The GTO didn't get a fair shake. I'll buy a low mileage used one when it falls into my price range.

Have you heard about the new Dart for 2013. Looks like it is going to be a compact car, lets hope they do it justice!!! It is to be revealed in January in Detroit. I wished they would have made it a more muscle oriented mid size. Lets see how this turns out!

The interior dash photos look nice, not too much for exterior photos yet. Engines, 2.0 L, 1.4 Turbo or 2.4 L. R/T edition too!

Sorry to re-hash this, I didn't realize it had been announced already. Can't wait to see it though.

this is funny some of u guys need to look around ive seen like 5 threads bout this new dart lol still wating to see the real thing come up b4 i say any thing

Looks interesting, but I can't get warmed up about it. It seems to me that if Chrysler wants to stand out, making the same sort of fwd, 4-banger, 4-door that everyone else is screwing together is NOT the way to do it.

The Dodge Dart started out as a no-frills, entry-level, REAR drive car. Since the receipe worked well before, why not now? If a two-ton Journey can get 25 mpg (hwy) with automatic, what would a 1½ ton car with a clutch get with the same engine putting the power down via the rear wheels?

Until Mopar builds a more compelling car at an entry-level price point, I guess I'll stick with my archaic antediluvian anachronistic Dart and it's buzzin' half-dozen that can't sit up straight.

FWIW: The Dart is a '73 Custom, /6, TQ, A/C, 2.76:1, 23 mpg (hwy), and seats 6.

The Dodge Dart started out as a no-frills, entry-level, REAR drive car. Since the receipe worked well before, why not now? If a two-ton Journey can get 25 mpg (hwy) with automatic, what would a 1½ ton car with a clutch get with the same engine putting the power down via the rear wheels?

I actually addressed this in my replies.

REAR drive is not synonymous with CHEAP.

And you can't compare a Journey to the new Dart because they are competing in different market segments.

They do make a challenger now you know?!?
You mean the $27,000 , 4000 lb. 6 cylinder car built on a nearly 20 year old Mercedes chassis ?......THAT Challenger??? But seriously. I'm sure the new Dart will be a decent car, I just don't understand why Chrysler wont build an affordable coupe.

Looks interesting, but I can't get warmed up about it. It seems to me that if Chrysler wants to stand out, making the same sort of fwd, 4-banger, 4-door that everyone else is screwing together is NOT the way to do it.

Until Mopar builds a more compelling car at an entry-level price point, I guess I'll stick with my archaic antediluvian anachronistic Dart and it's buzzin' half-dozen that can't sit up straight.

FWIW: The Dart is a '73 Custom, /6, TQ, A/C, 2.76:1, 23 mpg (hwy), and seats 6.

Those words are wayyy to big for most people on this site:laughing::D

You mean the $27,000 , 4000 lb. 6 cylinder car built on a nearly 20 year old Mercedes chassis ?......THAT Challenger??? But seriously. I'm sure the new Dart will be a decent car, I just don't understand why Chrysler wont build an affordable coupe.

Because,realistically that segment of the market is not big enough for a company recovering from a very recent bankruptcy to worry about. I am surprised that they are even bringing the Viper back so soon. What you are talking about is a market that is OWNED by the mustang,which has built up a 46+ year following. It would have to be something very special to even have a chance at competing with the mustang.

Because,realistically that segment of the market is not big enough for a company recovering from a very recent bankruptcy to worry about. I am surprised that they are even bringing the Viper back so soon. What you are talking about is a market that is OWNED by the mustang,which has built up a 46+ year following. It would have to be something very special to even have a chance at competing with the mustang.
You're probably right, reality sucks sometimes. That's why I wont be visiting my local Dodge/Chrysler dealer this spring when I replace my daily driver.

-
Back