Chrysler brings back the Dodge Dart

-
I really like the overall look of the new Dart and would buy one if I were shopping for a new compact car. But I think the front grill of the red one looks like the ferd focuse.

I don't like it, not enough room for a hemi.

I read the Yahoo articles. They mention the classic Dart, saying how millions were sold in every taste from grocery getter to high-power 340, with sales peaking at 340,000 the year Nixon resigned. Interesting that both Fiat and Chrysler executives spoke ill of the Caliber it is replacing. That would shoot yourself in the foot, except they only sold 34,000 Calibers last year so not much to lose.

Interesting that the highest power version of the new Dart is the smallest engine at 1.4L, but a turbo, so the "no replacement for displacement" rule doesn't hold. If only someone made an affordable turbo adapter for the slant six, we could follow suit.

I think it is going to get merged into the other "new" dart thread....

LOOKS like another import to me!!! My 1st car was a '64 Dart GT slant 6 with factory 4 speed, bucket seats and was a rust bucket, but it was my 1st car, so I thought it was the greatest. Is this new version available as a 2 door and with a performance package?

Can not wait to see the car in person here in a week and can not wait to buy one in 2014

Looks kinda like a new Ferd Focus from the front,...new Charger from the rear,....Have to wait to see what the "actual " size is

I like the interior but that quarter cut out makes it look like a turtle.

Another angle

Attachments

• 406539_318710438169931_206028302771479_1002370_604727468_n.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 284
I like it. R/T for me, thank you.

It looks like a hell of a good replacement for the Neon (let's be real, the Caliber was never REALLY a compact car). It looks like they are finally addressing what I have whined about for years...that compact doesn't need to equate to econobox.

Currently I drive my V8 Dak every day, to the tune of 20K miles a year. My plan was to retire it to a work vehicle/weekend runner and buy an Avenger V6 to drive daily...but I really like this new Dart. Only problem is that I'll need to continue driving the Dak for a while longer until these get to dealers where I can drive one.

my grandpa told me that when he was growing up that the 57 chevy belaire was also a very oddball car and the older generations for the most part hated the finned look. look how popular it is today. im not saying that this car will ever be like a 57 chevy but the mass population is not looking to get a gas guzzeling retro remake dart. they are looking for a economical car and all things change for the better or for worse. This just gives us a oportunity to appreciate that we own the finer mopars out there. I see this as a opportunity for dodge to reach out to a different consumer and in the mean time I will be waiting for dodge to come out with another street monster.

I think the top engine choice of 184 hp and the starting point for the lowest optioned model of $20,000, as reported by the local Syracuse newspaper article yesterday, is laughable. The new Ford Focus ST will come with 270 hp, and I am sure that the price will be in a better range to sell. The Focus will do circles around this car, for sure!

my grandpa told me that when he was growing up that the 57 chevy belaire was also a very oddball car and the older generations for the most part hated the finned look.

Great example of how what us old farts think may or may not be relevant.

In 1957 Chevy built around 1.5 million (including wagons). Dart production from 1967 to 1976 inclusive is just a hair over double that number. Obviously the older generations were not the target audience, and that never hurt their sales.

The car is not marketed to us, as most of us are not looking for this type of vehicle. To expect that we (especially our small select group) would gush over it is ridiculous. Bash on.

Grant

What a disgrace... It is a Charger and Avenger bastard child with some Alfa Romeo thrown in for good measure. Why didn't they try to come straight out and do more Fiat stuff? At least revive the 1953 Fiat SuperSonic, that car is sexy at least.

I think it looks a bit like the last Neon with a front and rear that fits with the current Dodge line up.

The right car for a Caliber replacement.

Almost looks like my Ferd Focus daily driver except mine is a sportier 2 door.

Attachments

• DSCN0246.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN0240.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN0247.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 165
this is an abomination! my first car was a 74 dart my grandma was original owner, this car looks like a glorified dodge neon that really isnt all that glorious! wont catch me in one, im all for bringing back the old cars but im waiting for them to actually have some of that retro style the old classics do, there isnt any style or good body lines to any of these new cars, this one is a disgrace to the dart name!

-
Back