Chrysler brings back the Dodge Dart

-
last i checked this was a discussion board. without discussion there is no use for the board.

and really the only reason this thread popped back up was because chrysler communications posted something about the dart yesterday. someone posted it in its own thread and a mod combined it with this thread..

I am well aware of the fact that this is a discussion board, though I appreciate you refreshing my memory. I have no problem with discussion, I like in fact.. I involve myself in many discussions here.. (this new Dart thread included) .. My point however remains unchanged. I dont see much discussion going on in this thread, all I really see at this point is one side bashing the piss out of the new Dart for all kinds of reasons, and the other side trying to explain why it isnt all that bad.. maybe 'argument' in my last post was the wrong word.. its more of debate rather than general discussion.. with neither side even really acknowledging the other sides view (I would have to say the bashers acknowledge the other side less).. I mean heck you suggested a member join another site because that memeber liked the new Dart... Yea I know its a site for the new Dart, and who knows how you actually intended that to come off, me I took it as a jab... like those that like the new Dart should scoot.. apparently he took it with a slight negative twist since he asked you outright if you were trying to get rid of him... heck it may have been a joke I dont know.. Im not really buying into all this 'cooped up for the winter making everyones manginas go crazy'... we can all keep the new Dart 'debate' going til Mopar elects to bring back another name... maybe the Demon, and then everyone will forget about the Dart... lol

At any rate, I never said nor implied that things couldnt be discussed here, nor would I want that.. I just thought the now renamed 'debate' was getting silly.. thats all... again, my .02... everyone go back at it...

the only reason this thread popped back up was because chrysler communications posted something about the dart yesterday. someone posted it in its own thread and a mod combined it with this thread..
That would be me that has combined all of them together........and will continue to do so as new ones pop up. I think at one point there was 5 of these going on at once. Now back to your regularly scheduled bickering....

Investing money into a plant and more people employed to build the Dart..... thats a good thing. I wish the body lines were more retro

that would be me that has combined all of them together........and will continue to do so as new ones pop up. I think at one point there was 5 of these going on at once. now back to your regularly scheduled bickering....

lmao

Looks like "changes" are already being made. I opened a Flag [in red] from 'Dart Club' a few days ago - intro 2014 Dart. A SRT packed car.
I wished the styling would have 'spoken' "64 dart GT"
That would have been 'too cool'

Investing money into a plant and more people employed to build the Dart..... thats a good thing. I wish the body lines were more retro

i hope that the cost of living there is dirt cheap because $15.50 an hour that they are paying is poverty level in this area.

i don't care that they brought the dart back, i don't care that its not retro, what i don't like is the total lack of imagination that chrysler has these days. the charger looks like a bloated over grown mitsubishi and the dart looks like a damn focus. come on man get some original ideas already.

Looks like "changes" are already being made. I opened a Flag [in red] from 'Dart Club' a few days ago - intro 2014 Dart. A SRT packed car.
I wished the styling would have 'spoken' "64 dart GT"
That would have been 'too cool'

look at post #400 in this thread. there are pics of the srt.

a few pictures of the $25k dart r/t from the philly auto show..

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrdxDk_jWkQ"]2013 Dodge Dart - First Look - YouTube[/ame]

I've lost all hope for new Mopars!

Why? Surely you realise this car is exactly what most chrysler customers are asking for. Great gas mileage! Plus there is a zippy turbo motor available that Im sure the tuner crowd will modify. As far as looks go,it's not that bad! There are far uglier japanese/european cars on the market.

It's too bad there wasnt really any interior shot's,as Fiat has really improved the old,ugly,plastic North American interior into a place where you would like to be.

I like it. When I get my D150 runnin, I am gonna trade both our Fords in on one for Kitty.

Interior shots are on the dodge website. Its been awhile since i saw them but i think it had leather inside. Also had digital gauges that changed color i believe

I read that the upgraded turbo car will be the Dart RT. Really?!!!

Why not use the same as back in the day....Dart GT or GTS??

Put the SRT-4 turboed motors in em and call them the Dart GTS.

Geez, come on Chrysler!!

I read that the upgraded turbo car will be the Dart RT. Really?!!!

Why not use the same as back in the day....Dart GT or GTS??

Put the SRT-4 turboed motors in em and call them the Dart GTS.

Geez, come on Chrysler!!

No the RT is non turbo but has the highest HP.

Ok ok , now that I think about it the A-bodies of the past were compact cars. But, this I have to say is no where near being a mopar. I'll take my Subaru WRX over this any day.

-
Back