**Coil Over Conversion with Stock K**

-
Nice looking mounts. John does some excellent work.

No just buying parts for he Trans and this conversion. Its easier to buy parts right now, dont have the time to work on it now but when i do the parts will be here ready to go. I am definitely going to run drop spindles so I can lower the car 2-3" with ease to get it on the ground and be able to match how much the 4 link can drop the car.

Got the Radiator support all done and welded off along with installing the Tow Hook & Skid Plate. I was going to wait on the skid plate until I took the K back out but once I got going I just couldn't resist.

The K will be completely welded off and gussets added everywhere. All welds on the lips will be grinded down smooth before powder coat. I also will be converting the Idler Arm over to 73 & Up, boxing it all in so I don't need the special 67 Only Idler.

View attachment phpi1taWBPM.jpg

View attachment phpIWmMBZPM.jpg

View attachment phpv4Zj0BPM.jpg

View attachment phpXkffEOPM.jpg

View attachment phpjHGvHXPM.jpg

View attachment php0cC69BPM.jpg

Looking good can't wait to see more pic's of the skid / tow hook.

I'll get some good pictures of everything once the K comes back out.

Here is what it looks like. Pretty easy to make. I did set up a jig and bend the Hook myself. You could make it easier and just use an old U Bolt if you wanted. The K Frame was really easy to notch. I clamped it in after the notch made sure it measured Center, then eye balled it. Moved it a bit with a Hammer eye balled it again and tacked it in.

View attachment php45ESgVPM-1.jpg

View attachment phpup3BjTPM-1.jpg

I just bought BADART's lower radiator support for my 71 Demon. Can you tell me what radiator you have and info on the dual fan setup. Looks really good. Thanks

Got the Radiator support all done and welded off along with installing the Tow Hook & Skid Plate. I was going to wait on the skid plate until I took the K back out but once I got going I just couldn't resist.

The K will be completely welded off and gussets added everywhere. All welds on the lips will be grinded down smooth before powder coat. I also will be converting the Idler Arm over to 73 & Up, boxing it all in so I don't need the special 67 Only Idler.

View attachment 309884

View attachment 309885

View attachment 309886

View attachment 309887

View attachment 309888

View attachment 309889

I just bought BADART's lower radiator support for my 71 Demon. Can you tell me what radiator you have and info on the dual fan setup. Looks really good. Thanks

The radiator is a 22" from Lead foot racing on eBay.
The radiator has 3-7" fans on it. There is no room for
Anything bigger. The little radiatoryou see is a heat exchanger
for my Dual Air/Water intercoolers that has 2-10" fans on it.
You can see more Pics & info on my Twin Turbo link below..

Took the K back out and had a Welding and Gusset Party for 4 hours. The only thing left is to Swap the Idler arm over and box that area in. After that I will be having a grinding, flap wheel and Wire wheel party....... then it will be ready for powder coating.

Notice the boxed in Steering Bracket. I don't think it is going to move at all and should do better than that bolt on thing that Firm Feel sells.

View attachment phph3C7RvPM.jpg

View attachment phpAvf4UPPM.jpg

View attachment phpJuvGN3PM.jpg

View attachment php0KDfY3PM.jpg

View attachment phpDiPq4QPM.jpg

View attachment php9yOwvFPM.jpg

View attachment php7VqlOWPM.jpg

Thanks for the detailed pics. This will be a grand opportunity to work on my mig skills :glasses3:

Man you really had at it, didn't happen to weigh that before and after did ya?

Looks like about a mile of wire there. Looks great Louis and I really like how you boxed the steering mount. Great Job buddy.

Thanks for the detailed pics. This will be a grand opportunity to work on my mig skills :glasses3:

The thing with welding on 45 year old parts is they are never clean enough. I had this K Bead Blasted and it was still catching on fire and burning the old grease and oil out of it. Makes it hard to get a good weld sometimes and I have been welding since I was a kid.

Man you really had at it, didn't happen to weigh that before and after did ya?

No didn't weigh it. I bet I added probably 4 lbs to it with the skid plate upgrade and all the wire. It will probably loose about 1lb after I go ape chitt with the grinder. Its Ok more weight will help the Turbo's Spool up!! haaaa:burnout:

Looks like about a mile of wire there. Looks great Louis and I really like how you boxed the steering mount. Great Job buddy.

After reading your update on the Barracuda I had to get my lazy butt out there and do something!!:D

The thing with welding on 45 year old parts is they are never clean enough. I had this K Bead Blasted and it was still catching on fire and burning the old grease and oil out of it. Makes it hard to get a good weld sometimes and I have been welding since I was a kid.

Yep I'm still washing the stink out of my clothes. They will bake it before they powder coat it anyway to get the grease out of it.

Got a really good deal on Brand New Moog Lower Ball Joints, Idler Arm & Pitman Arm off Ebay. I like the new shopping cart feature. All delivered to my door for $106.00!

-
Back