Couple cool pics of my Demon

-
Not really anything all that cool...yet. Working on the grill getting it all painted and detailed. Bought some Duster fenders.......looking at the pics you can imagine what is planned.

Bought an extra front valance and bumper too......few little ideas in the works for those

SANY1227.JPG

SANY1228.JPG

Well Dr. Eeeeevil, do tell us what you have planned. Your car looks so sinister sitting that low, bad *** sums it all up.

RJ,
if you shift the opening up the way you have the tape laid out the body lines wont be right. Or am I missing something? One of the things we have working against us is the squared off shape of the opening, what about rounding it off and rolling the edge?
Andrew

RJ,
if you shift the opening up the way you have the tape laid out the body lines wont be right. Or am I missing something? One of the things we have working against us is the squared off shape of the opening, what about rounding it off and rolling the edge?
Andrew

I just put the tape on there to show what's gonna be done. The Duster fender openings will give me a little more clearane for the front tires. As well as matching the quarter openings. It will probably end up being sectioned in place vs. the tape lines on the fender now.

Well Dr. Eeeeevil, do tell us what you have planned. Your car looks so sinister sitting that low, bad *** sums it all up.

Similar to what this car has going on for the front bumper/valance. Different spoiler though.....

For the hood it's either gonna get an 09 Challenger hood grafted on OR a new shaker hood (they make kits for the 6.1)

poisondartontour%20(2).jpg

loving the build, you say you are obsessed with the little details, thats what makes the difference in my book from a nice car to a great car.

keep up the good work

Thanks for the comments.......hopefully have some progress shortly. 8)

Looking forward to see what ya got done so far.

No new progress........things have changed a bit on my timeline :clock: unfortunately and it's now in my shop. It was in a friends shop. Got a ton of thumbs up on the 90 minute drive home.

SANY1354 (2).JPG

That is a Baaaad machine, it's got the perfect stance.

I feel that I should say something about how awesome and unbelievably bad-a__ this car is , but in truth its left me speechless . Words just don't give it justice . Its truly an inspiration . I tip my hat to you and thank you for sharing one of the greatest works of art I have ever seen

RJ,
have you made any progress on the front wheel openings?
I am at the same stage of trying to figure out what would look the best, just raising the squared off openings ... or rounding the current ones to about the panel line. How much clearance should there be above the wheel,when the wheel is turned hard. Since you are using the alterk how much travel does the rig have?
Andrew

RJ,
have you made any progress on the front wheel openings?
I am at the same stage of trying to figure out what would look the best, just raising the squared off openings ... or rounding the current ones to about the panel line. How much clearance should there be above the wheel,when the wheel is turned hard. Since you are using the alterk how much travel does the rig have?
Andrew

Only progress I made is I re-did my grill and headlight bezels. Picked up a few little parts for the fuel line and custom door handles I am gonna do. Converting a horizontal pull handle (GM) to a vertical latch (mopar) is gonna take some time I'm realizing. I got another house project going right now so it's costing me my play $$$ and time.

I'll probably gain 3/4 inch (width wise) when I swap the fender openings. I am gonna keep the openings at the same level, just above the top edge of the rim. I've never measured the travel...but it's the same as a "stock alterktion".....my coil mounts are the same, just moved up. The new inner fenders are 2"+ higher than stock for tire clearance. My clearance issue is gonna be on the fender lip, I will adjust the ride height depending on what I'm doing (car show height, beating on it height, etc.)

I definately won't be jumping curbs with this car......I got 3"+ in the inner fenders for clearance now and it's way low. Fenders, right now a finger width.....which is why I'm gonna do the swap. Ideally I'd like to have more than 1" on the lip.

dude that thing is sweet if you dont see it in your garage one day you know why LOL just kidding that is sweet

Totally agree with you on details. I got my car back from a "professional shop" and the carpet wasn't perfectly installed. Now I try to de everything myself if I can. Your car is beautiful. It really stands out. Well done.

Few little parts mocked up on the inside....paddle shifter, steering wheel, seatbelts, gauges, pedals etc..

Not the ideal angle to mount the upper belt, but since I'm keeping the backseat gotta make due. It's mounted to a bung welded in the cage. It's way better than too low though.

SANY1547.JPG

SANY1548.JPG

SANY1549.JPG

SANY1550.JPG

Damn man, you can't do that to us loyal droolers... We need LARGER pics!
hahahhaha

-
Back