Cracked block

-
I found a number in the SE and midwest for $400-$500; that seems to be the going rate in your neck of the woods and in widely varying condition. (I felt purty good to get a .005 over block for $300.)

There is a machine shop here in town that says they can fix crack in heads & blocks.
So I am going to see if they can fix it. An if they can fix it I will use it. Over the new block.
Yep I do have more pics of my block
If they can fix my block I may sale the new block

You've got to be kidding! You better keep that spare block cause your going to need it when this one splits again

don't do it ! have you seen what grenades can do.

Yup. I talked to a guy here that had several complete 340's and he wants 3000.00 EACH for them.

Yeah and right THERE is where they would sit waiting for me to buy one.

Yeah and right THERE is where they would sit waiting foe me to buy one.

Exactly. Asking prices and buying prices are entirely different things. I've been trying to sell my 340 stuff for a while, every one acts like they just have to have it. Never any takers, and I'm not asking very much either.

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay.

There is a machine shop here in town that says they can fix crack in heads & blocks.
So I am going to see if they can fix it. An if they can fix it I will use it. Over the new block.
might be fixed , but not good enough to beat on , if it is a trailer queen fine , but if you really drive it forget it . Keep the new block , you will need it

Get a 360 block and stroker crank for it,cheaper and easier to find now and put up a couple spares for cheap.

might be fixed , but not good enough to beat on , if it is a trailer queen fine , but if you really drive it forget it . Keep the new block , you will need it
Best let 'em explore this....kinda reminds me of the old country comedian, Jerry Clower, talking about kids learning....."Go ahead and let him pull that 100 lb TV off the table onto his head....he won't do it again!"

So , With Respects SBDart,

Having worked in a few 'High End Automotive Machine Shops' (read ground bound Haley's comet tire frying sumbitichi builds ) over the years,

--- IF ---
You have not been convinced by the Honored Posters Experience posted here,

With Their Grace I will add an singular caveat...

Me said:
The main journals & cam journals now have as much 'alignment' as a pachinko machine

No lack of respect intended or implied Sir, or Honored Posters.

Just,wow.. I would simply machine the new block,just for the peace of mind &"reliability. "

-
Back