Dads Fish

-
well guys i been very busy over the last few months and the humidity and heat and rain and heat and other projects have kept me from the cuda project....i'm back too it...never did find a clean trunklid so i did find a rust free 65 valiant lid that had some serious dents in the top of it...i cut off the bottom part that I needed and hammered and dollied the dents and had a pretty decent part to work with the sides were a lil wider so I opened up the flanges and did some trimming to the inner structure and rebent the ends to fit the cuda...finished welding the 1/4 panel and got it into primer and the decklid is ready for a coat of mud and some primer now

Attachments

• cuda pictures 049.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 376
  • cuda pictures 064.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 377
  • cuda pictures 063.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 391
  • cuda pictures 062.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 374
  • cuda pictures 061.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 384
  • cuda pictures 056.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 364
  • cuda pictures 055.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 361
  • cuda pictures 054.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 379
  • cuda pictures 051.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 387
  • cuda pictures 050.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 387
Master of metal, Curtis. You do some amazing things. You manage to always help me fight off cold feet when I think about metal work

ok so mI been missing for a while...got a lil bit motivated with some decent wheather and some time on my hands ( no paying work ) so heres some progress pics

Attachments

• barracuda 118.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 325
  • barracuda 115.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 336
  • barracuda 114.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 325
  • barracuda 101.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 343
  • barracuda 090.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 343
  • barracuda 078.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 320
  • barracuda 070.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 325
  • barracuda 068.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 331
  • barracuda 054.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 332
  • barracuda 028.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 346
Pup's name is {{ DRUM ROLL }}...... "DODGER" well I still have to wet sand and buff so for now back to cleaning and detailing parts

Waggs--Where did you get those nuts you put on the top of the shocks????? Thanks Steve--Sweet work and love the colors

Thats a DAMN good looking early A my friend. The colors look great on that car.

them cheap y bolts for valve covers...I always save them when I can and the just seam to look good on top of the shock bolts....need some???
Waggs--Where did you get those nuts you put on the top of the shocks????? Thanks Steve--Sweet work and love the colors

Wow the paint color (turbine bronze?) and the two tone really works. As they say in Atlanta 'you got mad skillz.'

by the way...needin a set of upper 1/4 panel trim that goes from the top of the tailllights forward and a passenger side rear wheelwell trim in nice shape...the ones I have look like a forklift ran them over and a drivers side grille...give me a shout if ya got em in driver shape....Thank's Ya'll......Wagg's paint color is Mango Tango and white pearl mica

Good to see you back, and it looks like you been keeping yourself busy. Car looks great with the two tone, really like the line on the C-pillar!

grant

Ok i did some modifications to the taillight housings and used the stainless steel moldings off of a 65 instead of the aluminum ones from 66...they sure look a lot better and fit just fine now...pic's later

Awesome work Waggs, wish I could turn the clock back and learn body work! Always jealous of guys that could do body/paint.

I agree!

I'm constantly in awe of folks on the site that can do body work. I',m like a 5 year old saying Wooooow!

Something very primeval about cutting metal with fire!

I actually use a more primative method for cuttin most sheetmetal....aviation snips or a cutoff wheel
I agree!

I'm constantly in awe of folks on the site that can do body work. I',m like a 5 year old saying Wooooow!

Something very primeval about cutting metal with fire!

well its been a long day cleaning painting and detailing parts, I ended up using trim from a 65 barracuda for the top of the 1/4's with a slight modification to the taillight housings and I think it's an upgrade to have the stainless trim over the aluminum pieces. all the taillight lenses were crappy so I snaded em down and did a orange stripe around them to hide some flaws, the backup lenses were the worst of all but a few coats of some cheap white paint and some orange over the trashed reflector then a few coats of clear and they really seem to look good even with the lights turned on

Attachments

• more cuda pics 031.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 265
  • more cuda pics 034.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 246
  • more cuda pics 033.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 275
  • more cuda pics 037.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 519
  • more cuda pics 028.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 271
  • more cuda pics 022.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 263
  • more cuda pics 015.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 253
  • more cuda pics 010.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 270
  • more cuda pics 009.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 297
I'm reely thinkin I want one for mee now!!! had some other ideas about the build but pops wasnt havin any of it. the bumpers for the car are trashed but I played a lil bit with the front one and I like the results, the rear bumper is really donna need some help.stayed up late last night and got the interior cleaned up and almost back together and will get some more pics today and past them a.s.a.p.

Where have I been waggin :banghead: It is so good to see you back up and running on this very nice 66 Barracuda :hello1::hello1:and I am digg'en the two tone big time :thumbrig::color:
I agree the quarter trim looks much better then the 66 model
I am so proud to have some of your work on Victoria Your dual exhaust manifolds sure made my little 170 breath and run so much cooler and quicker
Your metal work and body skills are the tops brother !! Dang that 66 looks so cool.
I need a couple weeks vacation and drive down with a fist full of dollars and let YOU do some work on Victoria :eek:ccasion::glasses2:

Attachments

• SOUND%20CHECK%20FUEL%201%20077.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 248
-
Back