Dads Plum Crazy Demon Project

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
Here is my dads 71 demon that is being transformed into a sort of pro touring style. Currently te car is off the rotissorie and at my good friend chris's shop Elite Automotive Finishes in Mesa AZ. After the car returns, were going to install the 6.1 hemi and figure out exactly what we are going to do for a transmission. It has full RMS suspension front and rear, and is tubbed. Enjoy the pics and any comments welcome!

Plum Crazy Demon Resto 011.jpg

Plum Crazy Demon Resto 016.jpg

Plum Crazy Demon Resto 042.jpg

Plum Crazy Demon Resto 043.jpg

wow thats awesome! cant wait to see progress on that beauty! :D

I wish I had the $$$$$ to be able to do that to my car. It will be beautiful when completed!!!!!!

Me too! I really want the rms suspension on my dart. Its such a nice product. Dads also got the willwood disc brakes all around.

Oh boy....Im keeping tabs on this thread!

That plum crazy looks SWEET.....for some reason my camera always makes my plum crazy purple look greyish,bluish in certain light.....never to its full potential like your pictures do.

keep at it!

Really nice! I am also doing a plumb crazy resto on my 72 Demon. Check it out. Also Im not as far along as you though. What color are you painting the engine?

looks good. wait till you drive it with that RMS suspension. your not gonna want to get out of it..

Really nice work. What kind suspension mods and wheel/tires is he going with?
Suspension is all rms with qa1 coil overs all around. Haven't decided waht wheel style yet but going 18x8 on the front and 18x10 or 12 on the rear. We have just about everything we need to reassemble the car when we get it back from paint. The 6.1 will look just like it did when we pulled it from the 06 charger. Were also using the chargers radiator, condensor/trans cooler and fan assembly. It will look like the car came from the factory with the 6.1, atleast that's the plan lol.

Watch out with the 18's up front.....they tend to get into the front edge of the fender when the suspension unloads and the wheels are turned.

If I had it to do over I would have gone with 17's in front as there are way more tire sizes in a 17....Dusters may be different than 2nd gen barracudas but I thought I would warn you so you dont have what happened to me happen to you.

Sweet car...your gonna love that RMS suspension system.

Mop

Very very cool car! It looks amazing. Are you going to add sub-frame connectors? I would suggest you do that...never too late to add them, I would use a set that follows the contour of the floor pan, so you don't have to cut through the floor. Then just touch up the paint when your finished.

It also looks to be an AC car. Are you going to put that back in it?

Very very cool car! It looks amazing. Are you going to add sub-frame connectors? I would suggest you do that...never too late to add them, I would use a set that follows the contour of the floor pan, so you don't have to cut through the floor. Then just touch up the paint when your finished.

It also looks to be an AC car. Are you going to put that back in it?
Yes we have talked about doing sub frame connectors, definatly a good idea. It was a factory air car originally and we are keeping it that way! We will be running the 6.1 a/c compressor and the chargers condenser, radiator and fan assembly. For the inside we are going to use the classic auto air hvac unit made for the demon, should work great here in the summer 105 plus temps.

Thanks for the compliments guys! Dad says this will be the last car he ever restores lol we will see about that. Dad has owned over 10 demons over the years, mostly all 340 cars. I can remember back in 91 or so he had 4 ev2 demons at the house, the neighbors loved him lol. We also had a really odd one. It was a white 71 340 car, stripe delete but had the rubber strip running don the side. It had orange seats and door panels, hood tach, column shift, and an 8 track player mounted on the trans tunnel. I really liked that car, must have been really rare. Hell my first car was a slant six 3 speed on the floor demon. It was also orange lol.

i'am probably going with the rms front and rear suspension. what you think of it? and anybody else that has them what do they think about them.

BA71,
The rotisserie its on, is that something you guys came up with or is it one from a company?

ALW

-
Back