Darrell Alderman, Englistown '90

-
Woodchip, that is a great keepsake. For nothing else than the fact that Alderman set the racing world on it's ear. Regardless of the later events, DA was a great competitor.

Perhaps follks need to remember that DA was also a humble gentleman to his fans and when the hammer fell on that coke thing, he took his medicine and owned up to it like a man.

It must be wonderful to sit on a throne and bash people who made mistakes. Mistakes ( bad choices ) are made by many. Pick yourself up an move on by few. Last time I checked, the only one qualifies to judge is GOD and that AIN'T you.

I hope you are not referring to me Ted, I totally agree and what I retracted is I was thinking it could have been a competitor that broke into his shop and destroyed
all of his X blocks for his next season.. Like I said in my post = no one is perfect, my writing may have made you think I was passing judgment but
I was not.

Ted was probably referring to me, Mike......

In hindsight, this was probably a bad place to bring up the article I posted. Woodchip was merely showing a memento he was proud of, and I rained on his parade. Sorry, Woodchip.

And Ted. I didn't judge. The judicial system did that.

I'm first of all a Mopar Nut! That obviously makes me a HUGE fan of ALL of the Mopar competitors! DA, Geoffrion(RIP), & all the rest!

Attachments

• IMGP0929 (640x480).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 155
  • IMGP0930 (640x480).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMGP0931 (640x480).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMGP0932 (640x480).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMGP0933 (640x480).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMGP0934 (640x480).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 169
It must be wonderful to sit on a throne and bash people who made mistakes. Mistakes ( bad choices ) are made by many. Pick yourself up an move on by few. Last time I checked, the only one qualifies to judge is GOD and that AIN'T you.
Relax Ted. I wasnt doing any bashing or judging, i was a huge fan of the team at that time. D.A. made a bad move and he paid for it. It was an unfortunate situation period. Had nothing to do with you,me, or god!

well said ted could not have said it any better

I've got a Dodge Boys shirt autographed by Darrel and Scott...
I have that same shirt that Darrel and Scott both signed for me at the Nats!

Perhaps follks need to remember that DA was also a humble gentleman to his fans and when the hammer fell on that coke thing, he took his medicine and owned up to it like a man.
Yep. He didn't hide from it at all. He publicly admitted to it, paid the price, and moved on. Now, if he had gotten busted again I might think negatively of him. However, he kept his nose clean (no pun intended!), came back to PS, and kicked butt again! I also agree, he was a helluva nice guy. I talked with him for a while and he answered all sorts of stupid questions from me yet never acted like it was a bother or that he had better things to do. We all make mistakes. It is just a matter of whether we learn from them or not.

Found this today going through some stuff, met him at the Mopar Nats :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC07673.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC07675.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 125
Great time for Mopar.Got back into performance with crate small blocks,bringing back the Hemi.Ma Mopar shoved performance hard at that time.It paid off.Miss Geofrfrion and Alderman,bad dudes.

-
Back