Desk Top Dyno

-
Do you know what “if the shoe fits” means?

If you weren’t bashing his work then the shoe doesn’t fit.
Lol, do You know what a plural reference in context means? You quoted rumble going off on Me Dude, and within the context of THIS thread, exactly how did You expect that to be percieved....:rolleyes:

Again, what was it you got for the same number on the same head? Would you like to try to port a set? I’ll send them along.

:rofl:

You're right, You asked John what He thought His # would be on those particular heads at that lift,

Read above to what I said.

......since there seems to be a half-off sale on train tickets to Triggerville, I'll leave so You can have some alone time...later.

Perhaps you need to shuffle off and re learn how to read and comprehend. Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key.
Something you missed in both parts.

The. Tooth things further you assume. You’re the self bloating Asshole here. Perhaps you, YOU need the alone time to get a few things together and stop assuming so much.

Not trigger d here at all, not one bit, but I can understand how someone so Fu#%^ stupid as yourself can make that mistake after all the absolute blunders you made and heaped assumption on.

You are one sad *** Mo-Fo. One F’ed up mutha. How do you even tie your shoes in the morning? Velcro?

Un-Fu#%^ing believable!

Again, back to the DDD topic!

This place is getting like Moparts, Fabo has been infiltrated.

I’m sorry I offended mad scientist in his mind again about everything needing a 55 degree seat. Lol.

Read above to what I said.

Perhaps you need to shuffle off and re learn how to read and comprehend. Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key.
Something you missed in both parts.

The. Tooth things further you assume. You’re the self bloating Asshole here. Perhaps you, YOU need the alone time to get a few things together and stop assuming so much.

Not trigger d here at all, not one bit, but I can understand how someone so Fu#%^ stupid as yourself can make that mistake after all the absolute blunders you made and heaped assumption on.

You are one sad *** Mo-Fo. One F’ed up mutha. How do you even tie your shoes in the morning? Velcro?

I understand Your *****-*** is butthurt over heads You did nothing to, other than look at, but seem to have a child-like ego attached to......I didn't post those #'s for Your benny, it's an example for reference to anybody interested, but somehow You took it personally, & the more insults You throw, the bigger the F'n loser You prove to be.

I've been looking for a version to work with Chromebook. No luck yet.
If you find a version of Virtual Box that will run on a Chromebook, you may be able to create a Virtual Machine and run Windows on it...then you could install the software on the VM.

I understand Your *****-*** is butthurt over heads
LMAO, you’re funny. Incorrect.
You did nothing to, other than look at, but seem to have a child-like ego attached to......
LMAO, funny **** while being so far off base.
I didn't post those #'s for Your benny, it's an example for reference to anybody interested, but somehow You took it personally, & the more insults You throw, the bigger the F'n loser You prove to be.
Look in the mirror asswipe, right back at ya.

Once again, they are what they are and they did what they did as far as it could be done by someone who knows something on the subject.

You on the other hand can’t seem to stop boasting and belittling the cylinder head and won’t prove yourself but just take shots at the head and the porter.

This is where I can not seem to understand YOUR EGO that must do this.

Yet again! You assume and assume way way way to much in the wrong direction. Which is even funnier and more sad since I told you this in the past.

Yet again, reading and comprehension is a fundamental aspect you keep missing even after being told otherwise.

Your misreading and assertion coupled with what your reading being given a “Set of Feelings” - BY YOU - are completely wrong. I’m here completely puzzled and actually laughing at you while you think I’m all upset and twisted up.

You fool! Wake up!

I’m done with this guy. A big whatever is all I got left.
Another face less super head porter trashing another well known guys work and blowing my mind over how self indulgent he is in self gratification on crushing another guys work with nothing to back himself up with but smart *** replies dumping heaps of criticism.

I’m not sure why I’m surprised at this yet again and again on the internet where hero’s abound.

Carry one gentlemen! I’m walking away from this retarded exercise in stupidity.

Again, if this thread ever actually re rails itself where someone posts up there Desk Top Dyno results, I’m sure it’ll be a fun exercise.

Desktop Dyno? Did we forget why we are here?
@toolmanmike

I’ve made several calls to get back to it and look forward to someone running the programs with various cylinder heads.

Mike, IMO, or what I’d do at this point, would be a massive editing and let it roll from there.

Last edited:
With this Comp cam 314R-10 and the specs I previously posted. Hypothetically on the DD5 software it made 743 hp at 7500 rpm and 616 tq at 5500 rpm. So I believe when I actually build this engine later this year it'll do what I'm looking for. Which is 5.90's at a 3100 lb race weight.

I never played with a desktop dyno but can does it take the whole car and factor it or is that left up to the person after he gets a horsepower figure. Example if the car runs a radial or a slick.

TVT……
Will you see if you can get Brett to flow one of your heads after he’s done doing his rework to them?

Then we’d have some apples to apples numbers between your heads and the test mule R&D head.

Last edited:
I never played with a desktop dyno but can does it take the whole car and factor it or is that left up to the person after he gets a horsepower figure. Example if the car runs a radial or a slick.
They have a version that takes into account the whole car. We're just using the engine portion. But wallace power calculator says that it would take 720 hp to go 5.97 in the 8th. With a 3100 lb car. Assuming that everything else is working correctly. The wallace calculator is pretty accurate. It says that my Bloomer headed engine make 680 hp. It's been 5.85 at 115.6 and weighs 2930 with me in it.

Last edited:
TVT……
Will you see if you can get Brett to flow one of your heads after he’s done doing his rework to them?

Then we’d have some apples to apples numbers between your heads and the test mule head.
I will check with him. My Ritter W5'S are supposed to flow 330 cfm at .600 and the heads that Brett has now were supposed to be 337 at. 600 according to Larry Smith. I'm hoping that they improve some with the 8mm stem valves. As of today I have 3 pairs of W5'S. I wanted to make sure that at least one set of them were usable. It turns out that all 3 sets of them are good. So I'm selling one set today.

It would be nice to see numbers from the same bench, that’s all I’m saying.
They can vary from bench to bench…….. a lot.

From the sounds of it, TVT now has a version of DD to play with.
So, here’s the two sets of flow numbers to compare:

Lift——A/B
.100— 67/74
.200—127/134
.300—183/197
.400—243/252
.500—295/294
.600—350/296

See how the program deals with area under the curve vs the big number @.600 lift.

It would be nice to see numbers from the same bench, that’s all I’m saying.
They can vary from bench to bench…….. a lot.
I see your point. I think that they are like dyno's. Just a reference tool.

Lift——A/B
.100— 67/74
.200—127/134
.300—183/197
.400—243/252
.500—295/294
.600—350/296

See how the program deals with area under the curve vs the big number @.600 lift.
I don't. But DionR does. Maybe he can chime in.

Lift——A/B
.100— 67/74
.200—127/134
.300—183/197
.400—243/252
.500—295/294
.600—350/296

Falls off after .500. Wow

Lift——A/B
.100— 67/74
.200—127/134
.300—183/197
.400—243/252
.500—295/294
.600—350/296

I can plug those in later today and see what they do. I assume that is just intake, do you want me to use the exhaust numbers from the OP as they are?

I see your point. I think that they are like dyno's. Just a reference tool.

“In theory”, the numbers should be able to be compared to each other…….between dyno to dyno, or flow bench to flow bench.
The reality is…….they can’t be(or…..shouldn’t be).
Sometimes they’re close……..and sometimes they’re waaaay off.
I’ve owned a flow bench since 1992……..and I see both situations quite often.
I’ve been dyno testing since 1990……..same scenario.

Last edited:
Fwiw here are some flow numbers for a set of Brett Miller w5's that were sold on here and now happen to be sitting in my garage.

IMG_4989.JPG

-
Back