Difference in idler arms?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
in completely replacing my front steering, suspension and brakes. I opened up my new idler arms and noticed they had a slightly different shape. Is this cause for concern?

A66EE492-CA29-4B96-928A-8C651F2D74EA.jpeg

What type vehicle are you working on? Looks like a B Van maybe? Some of them did have a different idler arm left and right for the steering stop. I would not put that part on.

What type vehicle are you working on? Looks like a B Van maybe? Some of them did have a different idler arm left and right for the steering stop. I would not put that part on.
If you still have packaging, cross reference P.N. for correct application.

Who says what was on the car was correct to start with? If you have not owned it since new, whom really knows? Certainly it is likely not original so do the Research to be sure.

Who says what was on the car was correct to start with? If you have not owned it since new, whom really knows? Certainly it is likely not original so do the Research to be sure.

I’m the second owner of the car and I am positive they are the orginal parts. The car has 41k miles

I’m the second owner of the car and I am positive they are the orginal parts. The car has 41k miles

Then the one shown on the left of the posted pictures seems to have the correct geometry to the original. It might just be a optical illusion but seems a better fit.

-
Back