Do i need to mini tub?

-

megacab

Leglhi
Reaction score
Hey everyone.Need help on deciding if i should mini tub my Duster.I want to order my cal tracs but noticed they have ones for inboard springs or without.I dont want to buy twice so i guess my real question is how fast can i expect a mono leaf caltrac setup to go on 275/60/15 M/T drag radials.Just installed a full TTi 3 inch X pipe system and it looks like it would be a small chore to change it up if i want to keep full exhaust and install the inboard kit.Thanks.

Hey everyone.Need help on deciding if i should mini tub my Duster.I want to order my cal tracs but noticed they have ones for inboard springs or without.I dont want to buy twice so i guess my real question is how fast can i expect a mono leaf caltrac setup to go on 275/60/15 M/T drag radials.Just installed a full TTi 3 inch X pipe system and it looks like it would be a small chore to change it up if i want to keep full exhaust and install the inboard kit.Thanks.

Friends Fastback Cuda runs 10.50-10.60's on 275/60/15 MT radials using cal tracks.

The only difference between the two set ups is the cantilever. You can run the relocation cantilever on a std spring mount location. It;s harder to run the opposite because of the way the non relocation cantilever bolts together.

Call calvert racing. I know one person that bought the standard set up and switched to the relocation boxes. Calvert sent them the relo cantilevers at no charge. They are really pretty darn good on customer service and helping out IMHO.

This is why you should mini-tub your car...
Relo015.jpg

Relo006.jpg

checked out their site, looks like a great product at a reasonable price. i have a '72 duster, for a mini tub (which looks bad azz on yours by the way) how big of a pain is it to the relo of the springs? my welding skills are moderate at best.
Thanks fo the help
Chris

I am going through the mini tub project now... I would take it to someone and let them weld it if you know your skills are limited.. At least this is what I am doing..

That Dana looks good under that car but it needs to be lowered about 2".... You got to love those plate rearends.....

Welding the mini tub require limited welding skills.

The relocation kit, since it's holding the suspension needs to be welded good. If you are unsure in your skill level, find a friend or someone that you trust to weld it.

The car has no gas tank installed so it may look like it's jacked up. It sits 1" higher than my stock ride height Duster. The tire on the car is a 30" Goodyear.

Will a sock gas tank still fit in there with the springs moved in?

Your car is looking nice crackedback!

Thanks Crackedback.Your Duster is looking badass.That makes me want to tub mine right now lol.That looks sick.Anybody know if 7172Duster is tubbed?Also a bitchin looking car.And fast too.

I have a minitub powerpoint presentation and a bunch of pics from mine. If you want them, send me a PM with your e-mail address.

If you decide to do it. I can give you some tips on minimizing patches, easier ways to do things. Let me know. Happy to help.

Thanks crackedback.I'll get ahold of you this week to pick your brain.I appreciate your help.Nothing better then someone who's been there.Lol.

Thanks Crackedback.Your Duster is looking badass.That makes me want to tub mine right now lol.That looks sick.Anybody know if 7172Duster is tubbed?Also a bitchin looking car.And fast too.

Not tubbed ,now running 15x 10 4.5 backspace , 9X30 hoosier lite weight radial ,the lips on the outer wheelwell have been rolled to keep from cutting the tire , the lower front has about an inch removed for the tire to clear ,

Oh yeah Calvert Mono is working super

100_0240.jpg
[/IMG]

A 28 inch tall tire doesn't require trimming the front of the wheelwell ,I think we had the outer lip rolled .
this photo shows the car with 15 x 8 rim with 4.5 backspace
275 60 r 15 mickey thompson et street radial ,the only rub we got was cornering with passengers

scan0750.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey 7172Duster.Thanks for the info.I love that damn car.Its my screen saver haha.I did some calculations on the budget today,and with the heads going out to Shady and the new intake theres no tubbing anytime soon in my future lol.And even though those big tires look bitchin there's something wicked about a small tire car pulling the wheels.Ive been looking at the calverts lately.What spring did you use.Stock,superstock or lowered?Awesome car.

tubs man, tubs rule! minitub it! you'll wish you did later...more tire and that badass look from behind that just screams business

-
Back