dodgedifferent2 67 dart progress

-
Do you still have the interior torn down?

Look here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1807908

Could you look and see:

IF the car has shoulder belt anchors at all

Where are they, and are they up in the roofline, or down on the inside front of the quarter panels?

(If you look at the photo in post no7, it seems to suggest that BOTH convertables and hardtops had the anchors down on the rear side panel)

Your car ought'a be a great ride when you're done!!

Thanks, Del

so today was a busy hectic day but i got everything accomplished including legal b.s...

After court i headed over to the body shop to pick up dartie ... dragged her home ... took a few pictures before i forgot and rolled her into the old shop till i get her further along and sealed all up.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Ok so i have the 340 slid into its home ... installed the six pack intake manifold and started to work on the wiring. The kit so far is very straight forward and a couple of simple modifications. I could fire the engine up.

I started to wire the dash when i got to the second item. The fuel gauge which brought me to a whole new problem. I dug out the fuel tank and went to check it over very carefully when i found a rust hole in the tank :-( So i made a new decision to build a fuel cell from 16 gauge stainless.
i was worried about cutting out the floor i fixed up and tossed the idea around for a few weeks to make my decision.

Too late now to change my mind. Any body want a spare tire well?

So i built a wooden box to get a better visual of the task at hand

Started to bend up some sheet metal to create this patch

How does she look ?

Welding should commence tomorrow afternoon

Have not finished the gas tank yet, but i have been working on electrical and slowly installing side windows.

I have lights flashing and headlights working so i was very excited for the progress (click on pic for video)

[ame=http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa307/dodgedifferent3/video-2013-10-20-00-00-23_zps73fa5523.mp4]
th_video-2013-10-20-00-00-23_zps73fa5523.jpg
[/ame]

-
Back