Does anybody know where these plug into?

-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
I’m trying to find the wire that goes to the starter post. I don’t see plug for these plugs.

Thanks for your help!

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4554.jpeg

Well, uh, you are going to have to go look at the emblem on the hood, and figure out what year, make, model you are working on, and "does this appear" to be factory wiring?

Exhaust gas recirculation timer located on cowl top right side.
Electronic speed switch (catalytic converter) located right fender side shield. They may have been removed by previous owner.
3874300 - exhaust gas timer.
3874210 - speed switch.
Emission control devices.

If you're talking about the starter relay nothing plugs into, all the wiring there is screwed under terminals. It might be part of the stupid seat belt interlock wiring.

If you're talking about the starter relay nothing plugs into, all the wiring there is screwed under terminals. It might be part of the stupid seat belt interlock wiring.
I don't believe 75 had that, only 74

OP 75 is a year that no one has a free service manual download available. If you do not have a service manual, you really need to pony up and get one either digitized or reprint paper

Since the seat belt interlock has been brought up, this may be of interest to some of you. This is a quote directly from a TSB dated November 1,1974.
On October 31,1974, Chrysler Corporation began building vehicles without the interlock function at some plants; the other plants will follow in a day or so. Vehicles built without the interlock can be identified by a green control unit case with yellow tape applied.

Since the seat belt interlock has been brought up, this may be of interest to some of you. This is a quote directly from a TSB dated November 1,1974.
On October 31,1974, Chrysler Corporation began building vehicles without the interlock function at some plants; the other plants will follow in a day or so. Vehicles built without the interlock can be identified by a green control unit case with yellow tape applied.
Any idea if they changed the harness or made moidifications to the existing harnesses in stock?

A "poor" pdf in this thread but its better than nothing.

Some photos and manual screen shots here

As you probably know, Engine and Instrument Panel wiring harnesses changed every year. Sometimes even mid year changes took place.
In 1975 there was only one Instrument Panel wiring harness: part number 3843142. All the interlock connectors were in the harness, just like in 1974 including the green control unit.
Part number for the Instrument Panel harness changed in 1975 because other modifications were made that had nothing to do with the interlock system.
As mentioned earlier, the green control unit was kept in place but was disabled on October 31, 1974.

To clarify the diagram show a wire connecting to the starter relay and goes to the starter motor. But my wiring goes to the plug with the blue arrow. The only reason I know this is cause I used an ohm meter to check where the other end came out.

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

Use the factory diagrams, not a copy of copy out of a chiltons/Haynes/mitchels

It plugs into the box that is or was next to the voltage regulator, as seen in this photo.
See post #1 in this thread.

Use the factory diagrams, not a copy of copy out of a chiltons/Haynes/mitchels
triangular plug is for the VR

1693353515782.png

J2 is ignition-run
k is the segment 14 is the gage and DBL is dark blue

J2 all segments connects together.
1693353750391.png

Does it appear that anything has ever been plugged into it ?
Not every wire was used on every car application.

I appreciate all of the replies. Does anyone know what wire goes to the small terminal on the starter? I can't find it on my wiring harness.

That wire is a no12 or 10 and goes from the starter (small) solenoid terminal to the "square" screw terminal on the starter relay. On factory original battery cables, it is incorporated into the positive battery cable

-
Back