Don' be pizzin off us old guys............

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So my CCW is expiring and I went today to take the fancy new "enhanced" class. I left my ego in my pants and decided to shoot the old Ruger Mk I which is allowable. Hell I think I had the tightest group in the class, certainly much better than "some kid" about 20 shooting a new Ruger .22

This is rapid fire at very short range to up to 50 ft with either hand sometimes both. "It's hell" using my off hand as my shoulders are "gone."

With larger cal I tend to "walk up" so I ended up starting low, and just remained there with the .22. Old Ruger MK I only has a 9 round mag, so "lots" of reloading. Idaho requires you fire "over 100 rounds" but they don't say "at what." The instructor claims that some other classes allow you to shoot into the ground or the air "if you want."

On a side note he also claimed that Nancy Pelosi could not qualify for her permit, and could not get whoever to forge the approval, so she got herself made into a Federal ?? agent of some sort. he claims this is true

Attachments

• _MG_7750rcs.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 255
Yeah, he'd be dead. That's all that counts.

Yeah, he'd be dead. That's all that counts.

Mebbie not. The statistics on handgun kills are surprisingly low. Actually, AMAZINGLY low. That is to say the ratio of surviving over dying, even with serious hits with large cal

Or as they said in class several times "it ain't like in the movies."

Well Lemmie put it like this. If I shot him THERE with MY gun, he'd be dead 'afore the meat wagon got there. How's that?

what caliber is that ruger?

it looks like that cardboard liberal got shot with a 20 gauge loaded with #8 target load

what caliber is that ruger?

it looks like that cardboard liberal got shot with a 20 gauge loaded with #8 target load

Old model Ruger Mk I, .22. That was the crack about my ego. I'm sure I could have done "well enough" with anything larger I have, just not as well. I'm way weak nowadays, my shoulders and joints have osteo problems, and I'm generally weaker because of it.

I usually pack a mini Colt can't remember the model, DA only 380, or Ruger KLCR in .357, or a little Kahr .40, but I have not "rung" that thing out much, yet.

The KLCR is nasty, but only 5 rounds, and I haven't found a speed loader I like. I also have a Browning BDM in 9, holds LOTS of ammo, 15 +1. It's DA first round, SA after that, but the DA pull is like a bumper jack

When I was young, I used to plink soda cans with a 44 at 50-75 ft, and "hit most" of them. I sure cannot do that anymore.

Plink with a 44?
You the man, I am a small guy and a 44 has alot of recoil.........

Plink with a 44?
You the man, I am a small guy and a 44 has alot of recoil.........

I've owned several. A Ruger 357 Blackhawk and one called a convertible that came with a 357 and 9mm cylinder. I've owned at least 3 maybe 4 Super Blackhawks, I forget, and a Redhawk, which I did not like. Also owned a few .45's.

Used to know a young, uh, woman that was part of a large logging family up in my home town. "Ruthie." One night 2 of us joined her and a friend in a local diner. She says to me, "What you been up to?" "Went out shooting today."

So she hauls out a damn Ruger Blackhawk 7 ? " barrel in FORTY FIVE LONG COLT!!! from "under there" somewhere!!!

.22s are fun
when I took my CPL class we were told that IF we decided to carry a .22 for self defense to be sure to file of the front sight, that way it doesn't hurt so bad when they shove it up your bum.

I carry a ruger SR9 most days it has the double stacked magazine that holds 17, plus one in the chamber

be sure to file of the front sight, that way it doesn't hurt so bad when they shove it up your bum.

That's funny right there!!

I carry an M&P 9mm. It's perfect size for me to comfortably carry but only holds 8 rounds...hopefully that will slow them down enough!! :)

I used to plink with my S&W .500 Magnum until I sold it.

Had a Ruger Super Blackhawk in M1 Carbine. It was lots of fun to shoot!! Had a little bit of a kick to it. Loud was not the word for it. On a overcast day or in the evening you could see about 6-7 inches of flame. I was at an outdoor range, and several of the other shooters were looking over to see what I was shooting. When they came over to look, they would check the muzzle and then have a puzzled look on their face. Very few knew that caliber was made in a pistol. This took place about late 1969 and or early 1070. The pistol was stolen during a house break in. By 1973, I was married and going to school. I didn't replace the pistol. I do still have my WWII M1 Carbine rifle.

I never thought much of that .30 carbine. I was surprized that anyone offered a handgun to fire it. Thompson Contender used to have "a bunch" of odd caliber barrels.

When I bought my .357 / 9mm convertible, I was under the mistaken impression (mid 70's) that you could buy surplus 9mm cheap. Don't know why I thought that, maybe "a friend" had told me. Anyhow, it 'twern't so back then. I HATE trynna reload 9mm. Haven't reloaded for years and YEARS

Before I entered the Navy in '68, I was "radio operator" for our small town PD, graveyard. They got "some of us" involved helping reload practice .38 rounds. Hell back then I had never SEEN a press!!!. They were using Bullseye, if you are unaware, takes VERY little powder, and a .38 case can hold ?? 6--8 times ?? a safe charge. This means you must be CAREFUL reloading.

Well hell there were at least 6 guys at different times, maybe more. So we KNOW that a couple went BANG REAL LOUD.

We had one real "DICK" of a cop. One night he was out graveyard shift OUTSIDE the city limits (he was city cop and only one on duty) plinking at NIGHT with a spotlight at a gravel pit.

He comes in ALL PIZZED OFF at ME 'cause he JUST KNEW I WAS THE ONE that DID THIS and had a big ol' wadcutter jammed between the forcing cone and the cylinder.

ON AND ON he ranted getting that out "what if we had a 'mergency bla bla bla, and it never ONCE occured to him that any one of six guys could have been the culprit.

It is good to see that at least you guys can still own and use you your hand guns.
Here in Australia it is becoming harder everyday, I ended up selling my hand guns because they made us do competitions for each hand gun.
I owned 3 and using all 3 in competitions on the same day didn't count, had to be 3 different days. 10 competitions a year per gun, I also had to travel 37 miles one way to get to the range. It really sux's.
I had a Ruger Mk11 .22 semi auto, bought at the time for my 12yo daughter to have some fun with, 32 now but she later had to go through our intrusive licensing system which takes 6 months so stopped going.
I also had a S & W 686, 6" barrel a very nice wheel gun.
The last was a Glock 17L, 9mm with drop plates could hold 20 rounds with one in the chamber, the "L" meant a longer barrel, very easy to shoot.
Do everything to keep your right to bear arms which unfortunately we don't have here in Australia. Even using a cricket bat to defend yourself could see you in goal if you aren't careful.

-
Back