Drive Shaft Options

-
Vegas is a strange place - it was hell trying to find good shops and there's not many shops to begin with. Or maybe the good ones don't advertise?
Almost everything I ever paid to have done there cost 2-3x what I paid in AZ, WA, or ID.

Las Vegas is a strange place. I searched all over Google for driveshaft shops in vegas and the only 2 that I can reliably find are Dan's and Adam's, and Adam's I already knew about because my jeeps. Dan's I heard about from other car guys but have never had any real interactions with them besides calling for a quote.

Oh I messaged the guy I got my car from, he doesn't have the old GTS DS, he said he used it in a rat rod build when he first stripped the gts.

Also both shops said it would only take a day or 2 to have a ds done when i called about a month ago. Might end up being a little longer with tax season coming up but I dont know.

Answer is easy, measure and order the Strange shaft from Dr Diff. 350 for brand new precise quality piece .
I have had shafts shortened/ refurbished from multiple vendors/shops None are as good.

I have bought several ds from Dan's including 2 aluminum ones
No problem.
I have bought several ds from Adams also. Again no problem either.

Do the new shafts from Dan's or Adam's come complete with new U joints and yoke.

I don't know I bought the car and with the car I got a 727, 8.75, headers, exhaust, floor shifter (minus torque shaft), 73+ front end, 489 case, gears and sure grip. He offered me all of the spare parts he had with the car (for more money than I paid) but I don't have room for 2 cars in my garage lol.

Yea that is why I asked about strange engineering DS and or using another shop. Dans said it would be close to 100 to shorten my shaft.

Gotcha on the 7.25 to 8.75.
Just so you know, I had the trans yoke but had the shop replace or build everything else.
This new shaft is 7290 Ujoint DOM steel, guaranteed for up to 600hp and was about $380.

I have bought several ds from Dan's including 2 aluminum ones
No problem.
I have bought several ds from Adams also. Again no problem either.

Do you prefer one of the shops, workmanship, quality or price over the other?

Gotcha on the 7.25 to 8.75.
Just so you know, I had the trans yoke but had the shop replace or build everything else.
This new shaft is 7290 Ujoint DOM steel, guaranteed for up to 600hp and was about $380.

Not here in Las Vegas though right?

Ps heres the 727 in all her glory. :) a little dirty but I think it's in good shape. Majority of the other parts have been dirty but in good working condition

Not here in Las Vegas though right?

Ps heres the 727 in all her glory. :) a little dirty but I think it's in good shape. Majority of the other parts have been dirty but in good working condition

No, not in Vegas.
I just tore a 727 down for inspection 3 days ago for one of our Mopar group just to check everything before it goes in his D100.
It must have been rebuilt recently because it's internals sure were pretty.

I used Dans went I had a friend working there........and now I use Adams cause a friend knows John,,,,the guy that does the driveshafts.........quality are just fine at either shop,,,

See who gives you the best deal.....

Dont worry about the 7260 Yoke it is more then enough to do the job....

I used Dans went I had a friend working there........and now I use Adams cause a friend knows John,,,,the guy that does the driveshafts.........quality are just fine at either shop,,,

See who gives you the best deal.....

Dont worry about the 7260 Yoke it is more then enough to do the job....

If you need help with the rebuilding the 727.,,,,,,I got all the little tools you need.....bushing drivers...clutch pak compressor tool....etc

If you need help with the rebuilding the 727.,,,,,,I got all the little tools you need.....bushing drivers...clutch pak compressor tool....etc

That would be awesome! Pretty much everything I've been doing I've been doing with the guidance of FABO havent met up with any guys from Las Vegas.

I will call them again. I'm pretty sure I have the dimensions of the shaft (measured it with it in the air is the only problem, but seems to fall in line with other postings about 111' wb car with 340, 904 and 8.75 is 52in.

Heres the measurement of where the shaft sits in the car, yoke all the way in the trans, center of joint to center of joint. Marked both sides (second picture is just dark spot where dirt is rubbed off) of the shaft to make sure I was getting a correct measurement while crawled under the car.

Also i forgot the picture of the 727

20200123_180057.jpg

20200123_184922.jpg

20200123_184954.jpg

Red fluid is a very very good sign! I'm not suggesting you rebuild it; just take out the front drums to check on the two clutch packs that are up front; and the front band; that's ALL. But with red fluid, that means it's probably good to run as is. How far does the input shaft pull inward and outward? Over 1/8"? Have you had the pan off to check for debris in the bottom and in the filter? Inquiring minds wanna know...Post pics of the bottom of the pan..(AFTER it's off..) And the filter too; top and bottom.

Red fluid is a very very good sign! I'm not suggesting you rebuild it; just take out the front drums to check on the two clutch packs that are up front; and the front band; that's ALL. But with red fluid, that means it's probably good to run as is. How far does the input shaft pull inward and outward? Over 1/8"? Have you had the pan off to check for debris in the bottom and in the filter? Inquiring minds wanna know...Post pics of the bottom of the pan..(AFTER it's off..) And the filter too; top and bottom.

Have no clue how much play there is. Its tight to turn the torque converter and flex plate but the trans is dirty both on the outside and inside

20200123_200451.jpg

20200123_200457.jpg

20200123_200518.jpg

It will be hard to turn because it's hanging there with nothing centering the front of it. Pull the converter out. Immediately set it down on its front to avoid spillage.

Called both shops again today

350-400 for the prices this time around. Both places quote includes- full metal shaft, yokes, and u-joints. Both shops will try and re-use any u-joints or yokes from my current shaft if they can

Adams- 3 day turn around
Dans- 5-7 day turn around.

Dan's shortening my shaft - 180
Adam's shortening mine - 110

Will either go with Adam's or Strange from Dr Diff.

One of these days you're going to crack open that 727...then you'll be kicking yourself saying, "OMG, this is NOTHING!!"

Answer is easy, measure and order the Strange shaft from Dr Diff. 350 for brand new precise quality piece .
I have had shafts shortened/ refurbished from multiple vendors/shops None are as good.
No 350-400 unless they can reuse my joints/yokes then possibly cheaper.

I'm going to try and make it in there on Monday to get shafted
Call Cass at Dr Diff, you wont be disappointed.

-
Back