Dumb Comments

-
FACTOID: those who tell you what is "correct" and what is NOT correct about your car ....as a RULE hop they into a 99 sonoma multi colored ( rust coated) PITA and head off into the sunset.... POINT being almost NONE of them are OWNERS of anything classic.....as the hopeless wannabee's that they are, they MUST criticize what you have ( in a passive insulting kind of way) to make themselves feel better about driving a turd......
leave them be & have some compassionate pity....agree with them or say HELL YES HOW"D you KNOW? no point in kicking a dumbass, half dont even know they have been kicked LOL

I took my wife and kids to a church party in my multi-colored primered dart to the community swimming pool a couple of summers ago. We were getting out of the car and a guy that lives down the street from me says "Drove the beater huh?" in a smart *** tone. I looked at the Kia badge on the back of his car and just said "Yep" and smiled. People only see pretty paint and shiny things, they don't care what's under the hood, suspension or rear end. His new Kia will be sent to the crusher in 15 years and my dart will still be on the road. Kind of funny.

On a positive note, I saw a girl driving a 1962 Valiant yesterday, dark blue, super clean to boot. Thought I'd break up the stupidity with a story of a rare sight, in IL this time of year.

On a positive note, I saw a girl driving a 1962 Valiant yesterday, dark blue, super clean to boot. Thought I'd break up the stupidity with a story of a rare sight, in IL this time of year.

True, most of us have our cars in the garage for winter projects/repairs this time of year in IL.

I got my '65 Barracuda gassing up at the corner station. Guy rolls up and asks with a grin "that thing got a hemi in it?" chuckle chuckle..."Yeah, bro, its in the trunk". (It actually had a 451 in it at the time, but I didnt want to let him down that easy). And EVERYONE's uncle had one just like mine 'back then"...OK. Im cool with that.
I was at a car show and these 2 old geezers were looking at my car and discussing how they never really likes the body style and the wheels weren't period correct. All this loud enough so I could hear. I walk up to them and tell them "hey, dont let my car ruin your trip out here..keep walking" Turns out they were my best friends dad and friend out from North Dakota and they were just bustin' my chops. I finally recognized them after my buddy comes strolling up laughing. I had not seem His dad in about 25 years!

Oh yeah, my airhead female roomate saw a boat on a trailer and said, "that would be a cool boat if it had better rims..." I laughed out loud and she didnt understand why, but with the tits she had, she didnt need her brains...

Well, both are green and have 4 wheels........I was at a cruise with My 67 GTX and a young man was looking at the motor and His Father comes up and throws His arms in the air and proclaims " yes...but where is the 6 pak ? " I usually don't care to embarrass someone,especially in front of youngsters ut I lost it and told Him if He knew anything about mopars, He'd know a "6 pak" setup was not an option in 67

Or...I had a 69 Bee(original383 car) and a dude comes up and see's I have a 440/6 pak, asks if # match and I say no. He then goes on to claim He has the #'s matching motor for the car at home....says it's a 440/4 bbl out of a 69 Bee. I tell Him...Impossible. He gets pissed and starts yelling I'm ignorant...I told Him,"period correct MAY apply for the block" ..Now how do You deal with that.

Just FYI...no 440/4 bbl was offered in 69 for a Bee.

Q: what year is your car?
A: its a 68
moron: sick, i love 68 chevells....(its a 68 dart)

the best argument i had was with chrysler salesman....i was looking for an 07 dodge mega cab diesel....and the salesman said "whoa, good luck, they only made the mega cab in 2006" we argued for 20 mins, and i finally gave up...he kept saying, I WORK AT A DODGE DEALERSHIP, I THINK I KNOW BETTER THEN SOME CHEVY GUY DRIVING A CHEVELLE!!

WTF, a 68 dart looks nothing like a chevelle!!!

ive had my car called everything from a roadrunner, chevelle, GTO, and i even argued with a guy when he though that a 68 dart GT was a v8 car only....well, i have the fendertag, and vin that says other...my 68 was orig a /6 GT

i always have people callin my dart a duster (i can see the mix up) and have had the nova comment, so when i do the body work, im leavin the badges in place to make morons look what they are. also have people callin my 5th ave a new yorker

I raced a guy at the track that had a nova. Mine was a 73 challenger. I beat him really bad. He came up to me later and said "man, I just can't beat these 340 cars". i said to him "you cant beat a 318 either"!!

Ok true story! When I was getting Wanda on the road I had to find the front rubber brake lines right! So I go to autozone and they have one of two I need, but the other store (a few miles away) has the other one. Cool right? So off I go, and I walk into the store and ask the twenty year old counter guy, "Hey your other store told me you have this Part # such and such, for a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda! He turned to me and said with a serious face, "is that Plymouth a foreign car?" The older counter guy about passed out from laughter!

As far as folks telling me what I should do to MY car! Just see my end line tag, I think it says it all! It's my automatic response these days!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas.

I got my '65 Barracuda gassing up at the corner station. Guy rolls up and asks with a grin "that thing got a hemi in it?" chuckle chuckle..."Yeah, bro, its in the trunk". (It actually had a 451 in it at the time, but I didnt want to let him down that easy). And EVERYONE's uncle had one just like mine 'back then"...OK. Im cool with that.
I was at a car show and these 2 old geezers were looking at my car and discussing how they never really likes the body style and the wheels weren't period correct. All this loud enough so I could hear. I walk up to them and tell them "hey, dont let my car ruin your trip out here..keep walking" Turns out they were my best friends dad and friend out from North Dakota and they were just bustin' my chops. I finally recognized them after my buddy comes strolling up laughing. I had not seem His dad in about 25 years!

Oh yeah, my airhead female roomate saw a boat on a trailer and said, "that would be a cool boat if it had better rims..." I laughed out loud and she didnt understand why, but with the tits she had, she didnt need her brains...
See know young people today under 30 yrs old dont know about the old muscle cars and like there import cars where they put 20" rims on and cold are intake and says its modified. And 19GoldDuster74 kids in school are into their god awful Chevys and Fords and dont know about Mopars at all. And will say to put a Chevy BB in it and the 368! What was the kid thinking?!?!? And i am thinking you have a 74 Duster and why would you put a 340 Chevy in it. Dont listen to what they say. Just smile and think "what at dumb azz." And back to pishta I am i huge Plymouth guy and they havent been made since 01 and they are not to common to see. So young people will be stupid and not know what Plymouth is.

And here I always thought they made other brands just to keep the idiots away from the good stuff...lol

Well...what did she look like?

A very gifted blonde with a red baseball cap. She was kinda older but any chick with a Mopar is attractive in the first place. :D

Q: what year is your car?
A: its a 68
moron: sick, i love 68 chevells....(its a 68 dart)

the best argument i had was with chrysler salesman....i was looking for an 07 dodge mega cab diesel....and the salesman said "whoa, good luck, they only made the mega cab in 2006" we argued for 20 mins, and i finally gave up...he kept saying, I WORK AT A DODGE DEALERSHIP, I THINK I KNOW BETTER THEN SOME CHEVY GUY DRIVING A CHEVELLE!!

WTF, a 68 dart looks nothing like a chevelle!!!

:wack:
I know, Chrysler employees are so customer friendly, right? Every employee I've had the misfortune of dealing with has alienated me.

See know young people today under 30 yrs old dont know about the old muscle cars and like there import cars where they put 20" rims on and cold are intake and says its modified. And 19GoldDuster74 kids in school are into their god awful Chevys and Fords and dont know about Mopars at all. And will say to put a Chevy BB in it and the 368! What was the kid thinking?!?!? And i am thinking you have a 74 Duster and why would you put a 340 Chevy in it. Dont listen to what they say. Just smile and think "what at dumb azz." And back to pishta I am i huge Plymouth guy and they havent been made since 01 and they are not to common to see. So young people will be stupid and not know what Plymouth is.

Right, I know this all to well, I am part of this group, that takes the crap. As being 18 and into Mopars, I might as well be a nerd.

And here I always thought they made other brands just to keep the idiots away from the good stuff...lol

Yes, I agree

I was at pep boys and the guy getting my parts told me he had a 72 duster brand new and man was it fast with the factory 440.So i corrected him and told him they never came with a 440.and after starting this i than asked him to look up a 72 duster with a 440.when he could not find one he told me that their computer is always wrong.And he should know as he bought a duster with a 440 brand new.needless to say i left and he was still stupid..

I dont like those. Alone the RR is awesome and the real GTX is boss.

Me either, but I really don't care for 1971 and newer Mopars, it was truely the beginning of the end. One, the original build quality was $hit.

I raced a guy at the track that had a nova. Mine was a 73 challenger. I beat him really bad. He came up to me later and said "man, I just can't beat these 340 cars". i said to him "you cant beat a 318 either"!!

That is great!

I get a lot of excuses also when I beat a competitor with my Omni.

Well now after reading four pages of post, it's shure good to know we have so many Mopar know all members. May be we can rid the world of these inexperienced ,uneducated ,non mopar stupid idiots,that share this world and hide your cars where they can't see them and make stupid comments . JMO Merry CHRISTMAS

Moe. LOL HEH HEE
MY 1967 Chevy Tempest super sport. (hemi) convertible
0378264b.jpg

Well now after reading four pages of post, it's shure good to know we have so many Mopar know all members. May be we can rid the world of these inexperienced ,uneducated ,non mopar stupid idiots,that share this world and hide your cars where they can't see them and make stupid comments . JMO Merry CHRISTMAS

Moe. LOL HEH HEE
MY 1967 Chevy Tempest super sport. (hemi) convertible
0378264b.jpg

Hey I had one of those when I was your age.:toothy7:

Me either, but I really don't care for 1971 and newer Mopars, it was truely the beginning of the end. One, the original build quality was $hit.

What, you don't like my Demon, incomprehensible, where's Chester when I need him.:blob:

Attachments

• 109.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 269
-
Back