Duster finally coming back together...

-
Hats off to you for the work you've done so far. Top shelf.
I put an o-drive in my Duster last year and had the same leak due to overfill. Looking at the rest of your work I doubt you missed anything, just too full.
Drop some out and I'm sure you'll be fine, I did, and no leaks since.

Rolled her out today for the first test drive to see out it shifts and check shift timing. After a torque converter fiasco I made some changes to the tranny while I had it apart.

Needs a little tuning but runs like a bat out of hell for a street car. I'm gonna like this.

Stripe kit is on the way and I gotta do the back seat, but it's getting close.

TestDrive01.jpg

TestDrive02.jpg

TestDrive03.jpg

wow that looks amazing, i really like the dash i want to do something simalre with my valiant. did you make it yourself?

I'm putting together a 1970 440 duster too!!!!

I have to say though, If my car turns out to be 1/100th of what your car is, Then I will be happy.

Here is a the most rescent shot of my engine in the car...yet again..checking clearance issues april 3 2008.

Look forward in seeing more pics.

Phil

Duster.jpg

That looks super nice! Almost ashamed to show my Rat Rod now... How is the tire to fender clearance up front looking?
l_2e8a150211b460e6fa5277928334ed23.jpg

l_91c191c56a803653d9974c447b9889c3.jpg

l_3f49d3dfc14ae34e5573c12d94f9fb48.jpg

I envy you guy's with the great looking Dusters. Mine is looking pretty sad right now. I've got a 72, 340, awaiting my attention. Keep the photos coming. Howard

Rather than spend $400 to have an upholstery shop stitch up some rear seat covers to better match my front seats (Summit Sport), I spent less than $100 and did it myself, french seams and all.

Also a pic of a interior door emblem a friend and I made up. It's polished aluminum with a black vinyl field and argent vinyl in the center of the letters. The outline on the letters is the aluminum showing through. The pic doesn't do it justice.

FrontSeat.jpg

RearSeatCover.jpg

DoorEmblem.jpg

ooOOOoooOOOOOoooo

any pictures of the exhaust?

Yeah. I've got tail pipes but for now I'm going to try running turn downs at the muffs. I fabbed downpipes to connect to the Schumacher headers from a couple of 45 and 180* stainless bends from Magnaflow (via Summit).

Exhaust 01a.jpg

Exhaust 01.jpg

Exhaust 02.jpg

Exhaust 03.jpg

Exhaust 04.jpg

I'm using the Schroth belt model in the link below. It's designed to utilize the rear belt mounts (for those who don't have or want a cage) for the shoulder belts. I'm aware of the importance of shoulder belt angles with regard to spinal injury. I'm satisfied that these meet the requirement. However some race organizations might not allow them because of existing rules. I don't race so it's not an issue.

http://www.soloracer.com/rallye4.html

Thanks guys. I guess I should bring this thread up to date. The car is now more or less finished. Little odds and ends. One of these days I'll get the web site updated with all the gory details.

Herrick70Duster440med.jpg

-
Back