Eagle Stroker Crankshaft???

-

moparduster

Reaction score
Summit has a eagle stroker crank cast for $273.95. How good is the quality of this crankshaft? I have been looking at the cast mopar crank for 419.95. Which would be my better bet? I know going forged would be better but im build my engine on a water budget. lol

Also forgot to add that this is going in my 360 and summit is saying it is internally balenced. I know 360 or externally so what would I have to do? Will I be running into problems with this?

Also forgot to add that this is going in my 360 and summit is saying it is internally balenced. I know 360 or externally so what would I have to do? Will I be running into problems with this?

I have been running thier stroker crank with no issues.You will need to run a neutral balanced,harmonic balacer, flexplate and torque convertor.

HKeller

you will need to take the crank...rods and pistons to the machine shop to be internally balanced.

Summit has a eagle stroker crank cast for $273.95. How good is the quality of this crankshaft? I have been looking at the cast mopar crank for 419.95. Which would be my better bet? I know going forged would be better but im build my engine on a water budget. lol

Call Indy Cylinder Heads and ask if they have the Mopar Cast 4" crank still on sale for $199. I bought one in Feb...

It's made by SCAT has a better reputation than the Eagle piece, especially when you start making power.

I will add that I did just get a Eagle forged for a build up we did and it checked good in every way...nice crank.

Scat, MP, Eagle are all Chinese cranks and are a bvasically the same quality. The difference in them is the casting itself and not really who they were cast for.

I have heard Eagle is better than Scat. I have heard Scat is better than Eagle. So really it is just luck of the draw.

I have Eagle rods in my 340 and have had no issues the 6 years I have had them.

Chuck

I have seen several of the eagle cast crank posted on here broken..but i have yet to see a scat cast crank posted on here broken.

Yeah, I'd put the Eagle as the lowest, then Scat (MP sells the Scat reboxed). I've used a few of the Eagles and so far no issues, but you MUST check the finish quality on every journal and not with plastigage. I'm nervous about using an Eagle for a build much over 450hp. I'm very anal and everything is right when it's done... But I think there's much less room for error on the Eagle. Cheap parts will cost in effort to verify everything.

I have seen several of the eagle cast crank posted on here broken..but i have yet to see a scat cast crank posted on here broken.

Correct. ALL cranks made by scat are good including the cast unit.
They are sure bet for a nice 500 hp n/a smallblock.

My machinist broke an Eagle cast crank in his 10.90 car. Right at the #1 rod journal where everyone else has had problems.

If you want a cast crank check out ohiocrankshaft.com

$199 is a steal, Chevy part price! $250 is lowest Eagle net price I found with 20 shipping. I would have done the SCAT 199 crank in a heartbeat if I knew this 2 months ago.

My machinist broke an Eagle cast crank in his 10.90 car. Right at the #1 rod journal where everyone else has had problems.

If you want a cast crank check out ohiocrankshaft.com

And why did he have a cast crank in a 10.90 car?

What was the HP/TQ?

And why did he have a cast crank in a 10.90 car?

I've been studying stroker builds for about 3 years now, and it doesn't sound like it takes too much to hit high 10's. Mostly chassis and traction. Although, I agree, if it's your intentions to end up there, you should go forged.

-
Back