eddys heads n porting n polished

-

1 Bad Duster

Pro Street Duster
Reaction score
I have a set of elebrock rpm heads 6077 63cc. When i pull the motor to add the new stall converter n 8qt oil pan. Im thinking about pulling the heads n intake an porting an polishing them. How much of a different will i tell with a mild/good port work done. How far should i port them. Gasket match or more. Im gonna get my buddy to port an polish them.

How much of a difference you notice will depend on all the combined parts in your build. If you currently have 350hp, then you won't likely notice much of a difference. But if you have a stroker or other potentially high HP build that is currently suffocating then you will definitely have a noticeable difference. What's you current setup?

Its a 30 over 340 with 10.8 keith black pistons h beam roads 63cc eldebrock aluminum heads 1.6 rollor rockers victor 340 intake 4 inch crank 565/568 soild lift camshaft.

just to say

I gained almost 1 sesond on the quarter mile
with the same engine without and with ported heads

Anywhere from a little to another 30-60hp depending how good he is and if you replace the cam to match the new flow. The first 10-20cfm are pretty easy to get and if you left the Edelbrock valve job and he's going to fix that, I'd go the first 30cfm is not too hard. However your cam may not be big enough to realize all of it within it's operating range.

My cam with 1.6 rollor rockers make my camshaft size around 599/602. Thanks for all the info An help. Im trying to get the most out of the heads n intake

just to say

I gained almost 1 sesond on the quarter mile
with the same engine without and with ported heads

That's a pretty impressive result, do you have any more specific information? particularly the trap speed in mph before and after. Or what the ET's were would also be very telling.

The reason I ask is that the jump in power gain needed to go from 15.0 to 14.0 on the strip is a lot smaller than for example 13.0 to 12.0. Same goes with trap speed. 100mph to 105mph is a much smaller jump in power output than 110mph to 115mph)

my 340 is stock stroke i had hughes port my eddy air gap intake and my elebrock rpm heads i had them put a 208 valves in flows 300 cfm at .500 lift power difference for me was night and day i paid 1200$ for a pair of heads and about 1200$ in head work but was worth it i have not had my car on the dyno or at the track yet but my friend had the same built on his 340 runs high 11s not bad for having 2500$ warped up in heads given how much the new victor heads will set you back prolly could save some money if you did the port work yourself but i was not experienced enough to try it on heads i spent 1200$ on.

With that cam you should see a good result , maybe up to 3 or 4 tenths of a second .

With that cam you should see a good result , maybe up to 3 or 4 tenths of a second .

Id be happy with a 3 to 4 tenths better with just porting n polishing the heads n intake. I believe they have 205/208 valves in the heads already . I seen on a recipts that they replaced the valves in the heads i believe i seen 205 or 208 on the recipts that came with the car/motor. The heads might be already ported n polished. I dont know till i pull the motor out to put the bigger stall i have.

That's a pretty impressive result, do you have any more specific information? particularly the trap speed in mph before and after. Or what the ET's were would also be very telling.

The reason I ask is that the jump in power gain needed to go from 15.0 to 14.0 on the strip is a lot smaller than for example 13.0 to 12.0. Same goes with trap speed. 100mph to 105mph is a much smaller jump in power output than 110mph to 115mph)

that was with 915 heads they already hade the 2.08 valve but with a very bad
angle done on the seat

alain from airflow tech close to quebec city did the porting
they flow 252 cfm at .600 lift
with the mp .590 lift and crane 1.6 roller rocker it went
all in the good spot

the cam and rocker were there before the porting but was to much for the heads before the porting job

dont remember the mph but the ET went from 12.37 to 11.45
so the porting did really well

I'd stay with your current set up you'll be happy you did.

Agreed, too many red flags for me.

"polishing"

"I'm gonna get my buddy to port an polish them."

Unless your buddy is a known hand porter or someone with MCH's CNC program just let well enough be.

Yes he builds motors an he has done plenty of porting n polishing of heads with great results. This wont be his first rodeo. He picked up .4 in his chevelle with porting the heads n intake on that car an other people cars with same results.

Yes he builds motors an he has done plenty of porting n polishing of heads with great results. This wont be his first rodeo. He picked up .4 in his chevelle with porting the heads n intake on that car an other people cars with same results.

He has experience well then ok,............ but don't polish anything in the intake track. it may look pretty, but you will have wasted power when you do. "Fuel charge likes a texture"

He has experience well then ok,............ but don't polish anything in the intake track. it may look pretty, but you will have wasted power when you do. "Fuel charge likes a texture"

If he is experience, why is he polishing the intake track?

-
Back