Edelbrock Air Gap Cheap Knockoff

-
As far as I’m concerned, J-Mac isn’t an engine builder but he’s Da’Man for doing what he does. He is on the younger side and eye ball deep into things we wish we had some kind of influence with. He goes to work everyday for a company working to keep the American V-8 hotrod engine alive and via-able for those that don’t have the skill or want to have or build an engine themselves.

And you do what for a living?
Your personally hand built engines appear when & where?

And here you are praising an engine with a chink intake made by someone else specifically for a competition against a fella that works for a manufacturer of a general high performance engine company.

The you run the mouth AS IF YOU built the engine and your so sooooo smart while belittling another.

Pittsburghracer has made a serious something of a mention in his post that you should take seriously and follow. You don’t make sense my man.

You won’t be happy till you run off more tech on this site. Why Dont you stick to running your wife’s used car business and paying guys to work on your car. It’s probably due for its Jiffy Car oil change.

why make assinline comments. It’s my business, I started it, ask anybody who knows me/ us pal. 33 years in this business, almost 15 as GM of a General Motors dealership. We do fine, I have never been a factory rat, thankfully.
we put it in her name on paper because of several benefits that affords us. Big one is me being able to collect my SSI for the last 6 years where I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to. Jealous or something. Everyone who knows my wife and I are well aware of what we do, and why, it’s called being intelligent.
regards working on cars, thought I had been very open and honest about my current health. It wasn’t always like it is now, I can assure you.
so quit taking pot shots at me about it.
That speaks very poorly of whatever character you think you have.

Sounds like you got a taste of your own medicine there!

why make assinline comments. It’s my business, I started it, ask anybody who knows me/ us pal. 33 years in this business, almost 15 as GM of a General Motors dealership. We do fine, I have never been a factory rat, thankfully.
we put it in her name on paper because of several benefits that affords us. Big one is me being able to collect my SSI for the last 6 years where I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to. Jealous or something. Everyone who knows my wife and I are well aware of what we do, and why, it’s called being intelligent.
regards working on cars, thought I had been very open and honest about my current health. It wasn’t always like it is now, I can assure you.
so quit taking pot shots at me about it.
That speaks very poorly of whatever character you think you have.

Ohhh they are just starting. Mess with the bull get the horn. Always stating you have a fat car and it’s heavy. Well lose some damn weight so you aren’t 300
Plus pounds. You better watch what you state about your business so your disability isn’t challenged. I’ll screenshot that one as I have many of your posts about me.

I’m going to ignore this thread, you all have a great Fathers Day and enjoy it a lot. To much stupidness within.

Say what ya want…. I’m out! PEACE!!!!

Ohhh they are just starting. Mess with the bull get the horn. Always stating you have a fat car and it’s heavy. Well lose some damn weight so you aren’t 300
Plus pounds. You better watch what you state about your business so your disability isn’t challenged. I’ll screenshot that one as I have many of your posts about me.

nothing to screenshot. I am retired. My sole income is my SSI.
I am not disabled,( you have made that ignorant comment before, in spite of me telling you different), like I am again here.I am drawing social security , have since I was 62. It’s legal to do so, educate yourself.
I am not an employee, all my efforts are on a volunteer/ consulting basis. I don’t get paid a dime. We set it up this way long ago, my wife is younger, we knew long ago I was going to get to 62 before her.
our CPA does our taxes every year. We file married separately , on the advice of our CPA.
Trust me, I don’t doubt your a better car builder, mechanic, head Porter than me.
But when it comes to running a business, you are not on the same planet bud. And I will take the advice of my CPA over your advice.
Regards my weight, great advice, you’re right.
But every single car I have ever had has been dual purpose, nothing has ever had more fiberglass on it than several with fiberglass bumpers. Never even had a fiberglass hood. Ever. Only one car I have ever owned was even mini tubbed( current car)
So none have been hacked up race cars with huge tires on them. Not my interest, never has been. Leave that to guys like you. I will go the 2/3 tenths slower that comes with that. different strokes, different folks.

Last edited:
because you BW3 buddy keeps incorrectly stating "power" when the actual value is TORQUE, you guys keep confusing yourselves. So we have 2 guys that think peak TORQUE @ 6500 IS good? And one that thinks a late model buick v6 is a performance engine. Hilarious. and the fact you guys continuously seek out arguments with a guy running a multi million dollar company that owns 9 second smallblock street car? Wow.

Learn to read a dyno sheet. And here is a FACT for you. Torque NEVER won a race. EVER.

You have a lot to learn before you enter this discussion

I think you guys are off base and present things in a (clearly) different manor against the BP engine in which the only advantage it has is the CID. Super limited by the as cast cylinder head and Hyd cam.

The 6500 hundred rpm ceiling was induced by the EM challange.
Correct? So, if such is the case, that limit is the screaming red line no matter how you cut it by the RULES of the EM competition and not what we can do on the street or strip.

Your blurring the lines and lasting Johnny Mac with BS as if you were trying to paint him and his company as lame and stupid for there efforts on what they put out.

Sorry, I thought you guys better than this.

On both statements - 100%!!!!

I don’t give a **** about blueprint engines or any other engines.

I stayed out of it until Johnny said 6500 is “wound up”. That is stupid at best.

As far as I’m concerned, J-Mac isn’t an engine builder but he’s Da’Man for doing what he does. He is on the younger side and eye ball deep into things we wish we had some kind of influence with. He goes to work everyday for a company working to keep the American V-8 hotrod engine alive and via-able for those that don’t have the skill or want to have or build an engine themselves.

And you do what for a living?
Your personally hand built engines appear when & where?

And here you are praising an engine with a chink intake made by someone else specifically for a competition against a fella that works for a manufacturer of a general high performance engine company.

The you run the mouth AS IF YOU built the engine and your so sooooo smart while belittling another.

Pittsburghracer has made a serious something of a mention in his post that you should take seriously and follow. You don’t make sense my man.

Then he needs to stay in his lane and sell ****. Talking about 6500 like it’s some wild assed RPM is idiotic.

I know YOU know better than that.

Then he needs to stay in his lane and sell ****. Talking about 6500 like it’s some wild assed RPM is idiotic.

It’s all point of view and what the engine is designed for and capable of. That’s all. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s all good.
For some people, they reach 6K and they’re buzzing with excitement! Ready to crap their pants and leap for joy.
There is there point of view.

You, me, a few others, I get to 7300 and my warm fuzzy feeling is starting to get amped up a little bit! LMAO! Maybe one day some one will let me drive their modern HEMI spinning it to 12K when the shift light comes on. Doubt it’ll ever happen but hey! I CAN daydream right?!?!

The point was well stated by myself and not worth going over in a silly conversation discussing a pineapple to a banana.

IDK if you’re a Dad, but happy Father’s Day my man!
I’m going to leave this thread and I only replied to you specifically because of the kind of fella you are. Conversation with you is normally very good & can be productive for sure.

And yep! You’re right, rpm me baby! Till the power falls off into the toilet. Then bang a gear. Rinse/repeat.

Learn to read a dyno sheet. And here is a FACT for you. Torque NEVER won a race. EVER.

You have a lot to learn before you enter this discussion

I don’t give a **** about blueprint engines or any other engines.

I stayed out of it until Johnny said 6500 is “wound up”. That is stupid at best.

You are some kind of aggressive man. How about YOU read the dyno! John mac isnt saying 6500 rpm is the absolute peak of crazy rpm, he is pointing out this goofy 318 you guys are fan boy-ing out over makes its peak TORQUE at 6500 RPM! And peak HP at 5000. Its making 200 ft lbs at 3000!!?? Is that Good to you???

Your boy BW3 keeps saying the engine makes POWER up to 6500. Thats a joke. It makes TORQUE , and thats a weird spot to do it. Here is this weird *** dyno chart for all of you to see.

I watched john mac race in columbus. That green dart shifts near 8000 rpm. Dude clearly knows how to spin a SB. He also built that engine himself

Calling someone stupid and DUMB really looks ignorant when you grab out of context comments and havent even looked at the dyno sheet you are talking about.

Yeah, this is what i want, an engine thats peak torque comes at 6500....thats exactly where you use it. Lol

Screenshot_20230618_082143_Chrome.jpg

You are some kind of aggressive man. How about YOU read the dyno! John mac isnt saying 6500 rpm is the absolute peak of crazy rpm, he is pointing out this goofy 318 you guys are fan boy-ing out over makes its peak TORQUE at 6500 RPM! And peak HP at 5000. Its making 200 ft lbs at 3000!!?? Is that Good to you???

Your boy BW3 keeps saying the engine makes POWER up to 6500. Thats a joke. It makes TORQUE , and thats a weird spot to do it. Here is this weird *** dyno chart for all of you to see.

I watched john mac race in columbus. That green dart shifts near 8000 rpm. Dude clearly knows how to spin a SB. He also built that engine himself

Calling someone stupid and DUMB really looks ignorant when you grab out of context comments and havent even looked at the dyno sheet you are talking about.

Yeah, this is what i want, an engine thats peak torque comes at 6500....thats exactly where you use it. Lol

View attachment 1716104081

Quit posting ignorant stuff. That 323 makes peak HORSEPOWER at 6500, not torque. Peak torque at 4900
You must lack even rudimentary reading skills. Read the friggin dyno sheet, it’s 2nd grade level. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I have posted a few times over the years about this motor because it’s super cool, makes more power than anything 318 I have read about..ever..and does it on pump gas. If not, kindly post something remotely like it.
I also like it because I ran it in MY car, went down the track and raced it in MY car, and know what it ran, as do others that know me… I don’t **** about ET, most of the time I post the slips. I got a great deal on it, nobody else on here did. Nobody could have bought anything remotely similar to it for what I paid
Many, many, many talkers on here, very, very, very few doer’s
I have never bragged I built it, you would think when i posted the link people would read the article where it clearly states who built it. Clearly.
I suggest those who whine and cry about it not read the link to it, or just on to something else that might interest them
Fact is, virtually nothing has changed in the Mopar small block world in 50+ odd years. So dealing with virgin subjects never brought up before are gonna be few and far between.

And then with something new does come along, such as the new Bloomer heads I crowed about, and put my money where my mouth is and bought( because I am smart and CAN buy them) all I get is..” all you ever talk about are those Bloomer Heads”…
Well they are fantastic heads, I must be smart, bought them before anybody on this whole site did. And I was correct all along, they are fantastic heads, best out there for non offset stuff

Good Gawd . Reread the dyno chart in the article. There is not an engine on the planet that makes peak torque at 6500 and peak hp at 5000. Impossible.

Thank you for proving to everyone here that can NOT read a dyno sheet.

You need to understand what you’re talking about before you jump in and show what you don’t know.

Here's the dyno chart and link

Iron-Headed Mopar 318 Magnum Engine- Popular Hot Rodding Magazine

On The Dyno DTS Dyno Data Performance Crankshaft 323CI Small-Block Mopar
RPMTQHP

Last edited:
Making torque at higher rpms is better for power, HP under 5252 rpm is less than a 100% of Torque, 5252 rpm and above hp is 100% plus, in other word torque is less effective of making hp at lower rpms. eg.. hp% of tq @ rpm, 50% @ 2626 rpm, 100% @ 5252 rpm, 150% @ 7878 rpm etc...

As for intakes I'd want to see a few dyno shootouts, the 318 build is cool shows the intake capable but doesn't mean the edelbrock wouldn't do better, as for the loss on the stroker something i'll keep in mine, again like to see some shootouts, but my guess edelbrock is probably better most of the time.

Last edited:
-
Back