Electric guitar...

-
@j par

Have you tried "Stayed Awake All Night"?

I can get about 2/3 of the lead on that one.

It's a fun one to play with 2 guitars, and you can ad lib a LOT over that rhythm.

One of my theme songs from my youth.
I haven't tried that one but I'll look it up when I get home from work.. I definitely know the song that you're talking about..

E, A, D for the "verse" IIRC, then D, A. E for the chorus.

Coming up on one year Wednesday...
I STILL SUCK.... LOL .. but I'm still trying...
Just starting to pick down "and" up..
The cat thinks I'm serenading her every time I play...
PXL_20220627_042251097.jpg
PXL_20220627_042332565.jpg
PXL_20220627_042236231.jpg
PXL_20220627_042245793.jpg

Maybe you should play with your cat more than the guitar, she's looking a tad on the fat side.

Maybe you should play with your cat more than the guitar, she's looking a tad on the fat side.
The thing is is I'm not a cat person and that cat loves the hell out of me.. and believe it or not it's on a diet with diet food and has lost a lot of weight...
Needless to say people we know want to die and be reincarnated as one of our animals as they are spoiled relentlessly...

The thing is is I'm not a cat person and that cat loves the hell out of me.. and believe it or not it's on a diet with diet food and has lost a lot of weight...
Needless to say people we know want to die and be reincarnated as one of our animals as they are spoiled relentlessly...
Haha, it always happens that way. Anyone who isn't a cat person that comes to visit my wife a I get all the love from our cats. We being cat lovers have 6 now indoor outdoor cats all but 1 are strays & strays are some loyal animals & we give them a reason to be.

Look up Rhett Shull on You tube
A shot over to you boob and the first video showed in him playing with Marty Schwartz I don't think that's the way it's spelled but Marty music or whatever does learning guitar videos. I've used a few of his to learn a couple refs and another guy I can't remember his name from England or whatever but there's quite a few. Right now I'm just trying to feel more comfortable with the guitar and just the simple stuff. I'll try and get more complicated when I can actually rip up and down the scales and things like that quickly.. they say it takes about 20 months to become a beginner and right now I'm still introductory. Maybe next February I can start learning some full songs...

Bought a electric guitar...
Gets here Wednesday...
I need something to keep my brain busy..
Overnight sensation... NO...
Next Eddy Han Halen... NO...
From what I can research on the internet if I was to play it a half hour a day it would probably take 3 months just to be able to be at beginner level and then intermediate level would probably be somewhere in the one year to two years..
And to be pretty good with it probably looking at 4 years. And expert probably a lot longer than that...
And all of that is probably playing at least a half hour every single day...
Generally I'm a fast learner and I don't tend to have a lot of give up in me so I'm seeing where these two immovable forces will take me..
Anyways I'd like to give it a try which is more than I've done in the past...
I'm wondering if anybody else has went down this road and how far they got?...
Been playing guitar for 47 years. Took a while to get good. I grew up in Chicago and I’ve always been a Blues guy. Took lessons from the great Joe Kelley from the Shadows. Play things you like rather than things you think you should. Songbooks are a great help! Enjoy the journey!

7AD3ED97-92A9-438D-9174-E91ECD50B2A7.jpeg

Been playing guitar for 47 years. Took a while to get good. I grew up in Chicago and I’ve always been a Blues guy. Took lessons from the great Joe Kelley from the Shadows. Play things you like rather than things you think you should. Songbooks are a great help! Enjoy the journey!

View attachment 1715951548
I've got a five and a 10-year plan...
In 5 years or actually 4 more years lol I'm hoping that I play with at least a decent cohesive clarity... And if that comes I'm hoping in 10 years to be pretty darn good but no expert by any means...

That’s actually a very reasonable plan. If you put too much pressure or high expectations on yourself you’ll get frustrated and quit. It’s not easy!

keep it simple and play with feel. There's a big difference between playing an instrument and making music.
...and while i'm at it, why do all the car shows have an angry electric guitar in the background?

Check the whammy on "I got no time to bleed"
Band is torture killer. Lol I know

Mary Janes last dance by Tom Petty is a cool Cowboy chord song...figure that out, get the strumming down etc. drunk chics around the fire will think its cool...:)

I'm running a campaign to get "put on that party dress" incorporated into common vernacular.

My right hand is now starting to get a little feel for where my left hand is.....
Not every time by any means but more often now...
Also I'm actually able to strum up and down a little bit better I noticed.... Most of what I play is kind of picking so the strumming has been taking a while not to be sticky more breezy I guess is the only way I can put it...
Last few days I've been trying to learn killing in the name of by rage against the machine...

My right hand is now starting to get a little feel for where my left hand is.....
Not every time by any means but more often now...
Also I'm actually able to strum up and down a little bit better I noticed.... Most of what I play is kind of picking so the strumming has been taking a while not to be sticky more breezy I guess is the only way I can put it...
Last few days I've been trying to learn killing in the name of by rage against the machine...
**** Man, that's a Gravy Tune! RATM is easy as heck!... it's a groove Thang, lol

I am possessed with these. I am a big fan of fancy woodgrain and these are beauties.

img_1_1661180041382.jpg

img_1_1660867956307.jpg

Les paul burst and flames2.jpg

If you want to get right to left coordination, practice alternate picking.
It will help you become more fluent.
Start real slow with scales especially majors.
You will get faster and you become better.

20220119_184447.jpg

Saw the Hamer archtop on the back cover of guitar player magazine back in the 70s 80s. Fell in love with it. Finally was able to get this one back in 96.

-
Back