Electric guitar...

-
Yes, a 69' dripedge bassman with 2 x 15 cabinet. Was able to find freshly restored with new tubes, caps, upgrade to 3 prong grounded cable.

In truth, my son is the real player!

View attachment 1716234079View attachment 1716234082View attachment 1716234084View attachment 1716234085
Love that old Bassman, gave my son mine, he displays it in his living room and they jam on it hard and heavy at times, me, I am a retired old drummer Bass player, son is a truly great guitar player, drummer and singer, Zack Williams and the reformation band for 7 years, Germany and a few other gigs, now Zack has took off on his own doing Christian music, now the reformation is now Greezy Tree, top band in northeast Arkansas, traveling alot ,I enjoy music to this day, my mother had an angels voice and cut a record and sang on the Rhodes show on tv in the mid 60es.
Yep, we have the music in us :thumbsup:

How do you know which amps allow this? I have a 1969 Deluxe Reverb.
I'm not sure but I think you can't cause the reverb channel is probably out of phase which will cancel sound.

I'm not sure but I think you can't cause the reverb channel is probably out of phase which will cancel sound.
Actually, from what I understand the out of phase is advantageous for looping the channels.

Actually, from what I understand the out of phase is advantageous for looping the channels.
If it's fully out of phase sound should cancel out, if partially then it would be more like a phase pedal, comb filtering the sound just no rate.

allright, im in
after holding off on it for years, i finally ordered me a guitar of my own

View attachment 1716234250

yes, i am a lefty, and i have learned to play some of the classics (think, smoke on the water) lefthanded on a right handed guitar
so, with the kids in school and time on my hands, i decided to buy one and give it the old college try

if i had the money to spend on it, i would have gotten me a BC rich warbeast but for now, i think this lil Glarry i ordered should do the trick
making esp guitars esp custom guitar shop - Search Videos This custom Flying V would be right up your alley! It's a one of a kind from the Master guitar crafter at Esp's custom shop. It's off the hook.

Rhythm first....start out counting Beats then start out with easy riffs..chords will come later...I set the bar high...not Eddie or Wolfgang high...but at least Lynyrd Sknyrd....but what do you expect...I'm Lemmy...lmfao

Rhythm first....start out counting Beats then start out with easy riffs..chords will come later...I set the bar high...not Eddie or Wolfgang high...but at least Lynyrd Sknyrd....but what do you expect...I'm Lemmy...lmfao
Skynrd has high quality if not some of the best guitar work in my opinion. If you can play those songs you are off to a good foundation of riffs.

Life is getting in the way of practice....
Thank you for asking...
I have a guitar and practice amp sitting at my living room sofa, when the mood strikes I plug in and play even if the wife is watching TV...quietly though LOL!

Skynrd has high quality if not some of the best guitar work in my opinion. If you can play those songs you are off to a good foundation of riffs.
the brilliance of 2 or 3 of them playing in harmony was something that made Skynyrd so great especially live. You can also just jump right in and try to master Hendrix right out of the shoot when you're a kid. Just like George did! LOL

I picked up Fender Jimmy Page Dragon Tele its one of the best sounding guitars I own.
Oh Boy, I'd love to see that! My Son is a huge Page fan, I'm not far behind him! Josh, my Son, is saving for the Dragon Telecaster.

Although pickup arrangement is different, I chose Butterscotch Blonde as it reminded me of Keith Richards!

Oh Boy, I'd love to see that! My Son is a huge Page fan, I'm not far behind him! Josh, my Son, is saving for the Dragon Telecaster.
We were blessed to see Led Zeppelin at the Kiel in St. Louis. It was post Jon Bonham so they had his son and an entire drum ensemble from South Africa around the stage. Jimmy sat on a bar stool with the 12 string acoustic, then played the double neck and a few Les Pauls...but he had the lead guitarist from The Cure on stage with him to make the songs sound full like they were recorded. Page owned his position as one of the best and it was a great show.

When the light hits mine just right, it has a pleasing flame. I too am a sucker for the Les Paul Burst!

20231112_212508.jpg
20240120_165508.jpg

We were blessed to see Led Zeppelin at the Kiel in St. Louis. It was post Jon Bonham so they had his son and an entire drum ensemble from South Africa around the stage. Jimmy sat on a bar stool with the 12 string acoustic, then played the double neck and a few Les Pauls...but he had the lead guitarist from The Cure on stage with him to make the songs sound full like they were recorded. Page owned his position as one of the best and it was a great show.
What a great experience that would have been!

Sitting here listening to Robert Quine wishing I would've started playing at 15 instead of 55.

Keep your eye on the guy they brought in from the accounting department

I have a guitar and practice amp sitting at my living room sofa, when the mood strikes I plug in and play even if the wife is watching TV...quietly though LOL!
That's what I did for a long time. Because out of sight out of mind but we got a new puppy and I was afraid it was gonna start chewing on my guitar LOL...
We're going through a lot of home changes. So things are quite unsettling now. But it will all even out and things will settle in. And the guitar will be sitting next to my chair soon...

-
Back