Finally! My '66 Convertible is in the Paint Booth!

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
First layer of primer on... I think she turned out pretty good...

P1020046.jpg

P1020049.jpg

P1020052.jpg

Finally I have a white engine bay (as opposed to gloss BLACK before)
P1020056.jpg

P1020057.jpg

Check out the LINES... soo sexy :)
P1020060.jpg

P1020061.jpg

And this is my Fav...
P1020065.jpg

Soooo sexy...

It's always exciting to finally get them in the booth. Looks like you've done lots of work stripping it down....any particular reason you didn't pull the rest of the parts before you paint?

any particular reason you didn't pull the rest of the parts before you paint?

You mean the suspension components? K-member, steering and the rest?

That will be done later, once the body is all done up. I'll get the car on ramp and take out EVERYthing under the floorpan ;) I've got the "front end rebuilt kit" in the store and also the rear bushings etc. So the whole suspension and steering will be stripped and send for powder-coating/painting.

:)

Looks like lots of projects going on in that garage.

Yeah but mostly retro Japanese 1980's Celicas, Mazdas, etc. and the likes. My Dart and another '66 Mustang are the only American there :)

But, as you can see they are really good with body/sheetmetal work and after the Dodge is done, i'll probably send my rusted '82 Alfa Romeo Alfetta there fo another restoration project (if I still have any $$ left...)

CANT wait for Daylight, had to take pictures NOW Hahaha...

Engine Bay...

Before
P1010164.jpg

Now this is what I call ENGINE BAY hehehe
After
P1020161.jpg

P1020160.jpg

P1020164.jpg

P1020177.jpg

2nd coat of paint on, after this will be top coat and then lacquer :)

P1020167.jpg

P1020171.jpg

P1020170.jpg

Sorry I cant wait for DayLight! LOL

Looking good. I guess you're keeping the add-on A/C? Otherwise I think I would have welded up the firewall holes. I still would have removed more of the bolt-on parts ( hood latch, secondary catch, striker, shocks, etc.) to get paint under them though....

Your doing great progress on your car. What driveline are you going to use? That car must be rare in Malaysia!

Looking good. I guess you're keeping the add-on A/C? Otherwise I think I would have welded up the firewall holes. I still would have removed more of the bolt-on parts ( hood latch, secondary catch, striker, shocks, etc.) to get paint under them though....

Yes, im keeping the A/C as its 95F (35C) all year long here... but I'll probably try and get something like this though:

Underdash.jpg

or this

911underdash.jpg

Noted on your advice on the bolt-on parts. Will try and do that soon.

Cheers

Syed

The car is very nice. I don't see any of the typical rust on it. Is the humidity high there? Lots of rain? If so, it's amazing that it's in the shape it's in. By the way, do they really restore toyota celicas over there? I haven't seen one here in years! They all rusted out and were scrapped I think!

The car is very nice. I don't see any of the typical rust on it. Is the humidity high there? Lots of rain? If so, it's amazing that it's in the shape it's in. By the way, do they really restore toyota celicas over there? I haven't seen one here in years! They all rusted out and were scrapped I think!

Yeah lots and lots of rain... and 95F all year long... with 90% humidity :) I was blessed to have a closed garage for the Dodge (note WAS...)

They do a lot of celica and old datsuns - there are many on the road here, although mostly rusted.

Syed

hey the steering wheel is on the wrong side ....good job....never got to worry about left side door hinges...good luck and keep up the good work....bonehead

hey the steering wheel is on the wrong side ....good job....never got to worry about left side door hinges...good luck and keep up the good work....bonehead

bit more progress on the Dodge

Floorpan almost done, just need to paint over the sound proofing "tar"...
P1020216.jpg

P1020223.jpg

P1020233.jpg

See the shine? :)
P1020219.jpg

P1020221.jpg

P1020231.jpg

More updates coming soon! :)

-
Back