Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Update...I pulled the rear again lastnight and am having a C-body housing shortened.I,ll need to get new axels made up from Strange,then I can move forward with rims/tires.On a second note,I,m gonna have issues with my pullies lining up with my ATI balancer,it,s quite thick and will not line up with the alumi edelbrock water pump and pully.I may have to go electric water pump?Arggh!!I,m tryin to stay away from more electrical stuff.I will search for different pullies first,apparently chevy pullies will work on this balancer?We,ll see...til later.:stop:

Update...I pulled the rear again lastnight and am having a C-body housing shortened.I,ll need to get new axels made up from Strange,then I can move forward with rims/tires.On a second note,I,m gonna have issues with my pullies lining up with my ATI balancer,it,s quite thick and will not line up with the alumi edelbrock water pump and pully.I may have to go electric water pump?Arggh!!I,m tryin to stay away from more electrical stuff.I will search for different pullies first,apparently chevy pullies will work on this balancer?We,ll see...til later.:stop:

I wish I new what to look for petty :read2: I know that there are some pulleys out there some where 8), Can you get a picture up off your engine up front with some measurements ? I here ya on the electric stuff, It's just something ells that can fail and put a load on your charging system and use up Voltage needed for ignition system
Your build is moving right along :cheers:

Hey Mike,my engine is still at the shop.There taking .040 off the intake for port matching(M1)to the Eddy RPM,s.Will discuss my issues with builder once he gets back from holidays.

Doing a great job Scott. I hope that memike doesn't get the wrong idea about us, and think that we all work as hard as you.( actually, I did go out to the shop, and get my block ready for the machine shop....and had a few beers today)

Hey Mike,my engine is still at the shop.There taking .040 off the intake for port matching(M1)to the Eddy RPM,s.Will discuss my issues with builder once he gets back from holidays.

Ok, I sure would like to help if there is anything here in the states I can do let me know :cheers: That 66 is going to fly bud =P~

Oh I also just ordered a 4500 stall from Coan $$$,gauranteed to get the job done in the 10,s.My builder is building a 427 chevy small block for a customer and wants to see go heads up at the track!I told him I,m gonna have to get the feel of being in a rocket LOL!My new 2500 stall(600 miles)is now for sale.

Watch about going with an electric water pump Scott. Not many are good enough for street use. Just don't flow enough. More for a race car only. I know exactly where your at with the balancer causing problems with the pulley's too as I'm going through that right now. Seems you just can't find the right info on the internet to know which one to use that's stock dimensions. I bought the PRW balancer from Hughes engines for my stroker thinking it was close and it's nowhere close to stock so I'm trying to figure out what to do too. UGH!!

I,m gonna have issues with my pullies lining up with my ATI balancer,it,s quite thick and will not line up with the alumi edelbrock water pump and pully.I may have to go electric water pump?Arggh!!I,m tryin to stay away from more electrical stuff.I will search for different pullies first,apparently chevy pullies will work on this balancer?We,ll see...til later.:stop:

These might help pulley spacers

Update..My housing is done,cut down to 46 5/8 inches.I also ordered new axels from Strange,which he said would take up to 3 weeks to make and ship?As long as there here before May LOL.Back to my pully issues.

I never liked the earlier darts, but they are really starting to grow on me.
Looks like a great car.

I never liked the earlier darts, but they are really starting to grow on me.
Looks like a great car.
Thanks POS Dakota,I just recently(1 1/2 ago)started getting serious about looking for another car to build for racing mostly.This little 66 Dart fit the bill and I purchased it and had it shipped to Toronto,Canada from Alabama.I ran it 4 times last year at the track with a 360,it ran 13.7@98mph,was basically a stock 77 360 with a 2500 stall and 3.91 s.g out back.Now look!I,ve dropped a good chunk of money in the last 5 months getting ready for the race season.I joined the Nostalgia Drag Racers here at my local track.I,m the ONLY one with a Early-A!I like to be different amongst all the Cramaro,s and Rustangs.Can,t wait to be doing some spankin!:clock::cheers:

Well today I went and threw some more money down on my 408(410)it should be coming home by friday,also my headers should be in tomorrow.WooHoo!Everything is falling into place with parts and delivery.I,m about to start my rollcage this evening,should be fun?My shortened rear is also going in this eve,waiting on my axels from Strange.Man I gotta make a new list of things to put back on/in.I,m gonna be a busy-boy for the next few weeks.Couple pics of my solid roller cam 408.:cheers::clock:
car pics 66 Dart 133.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 134.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 133.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 134.jpg

Been following along with your progress. That thing is going to be FAST! Are you planning on a hood scoop for that giant intake?

Been following along with your progress. That thing is going to be FAST! Are you planning on a hood scoop for that giant intake?
Yes on the hood scoop,just happen to have a spare dual snorkle going on.It,s not period correct but either is anything in the drivetrain.:snakeman:Time to cut the mint hood..:angry7:

Yes on the hood scoop,just happen to have a spare dual snorkle going on.It,s not period correct but either is anything in the drivetrain.:snakeman:Time to cut the mint hood..:angry7:
Scott that motor is a thing of beauty, . What about a glass hood? I know it's more $$ but at least you can keep your stock one on the shelf. Remember if you need an extra pair of hands just give me a call or PM me.

Scott that motor is a thing of beauty, . What about a glass hood? I know it's more $$ but at least you can keep your stock one on the shelf. Remember if you need an extra pair of hands just give me a call or PM me.

Yes please consider a glass hood. Don't cut a good stock one :-D
I know VPN makes a lightweight unit

Well picked up my motor today!It,s home!My tranny is here and my 4500 stall Coan t.convertor,fenderwells showed up yesterday.So today I did some measuring and made the cut!I could put this all together but I need to find a SFI approved,6 bolt flex plate for a 8 inch t.convertor(internal balanced)?Any ideas where to get one?Thanks,here,s some pics..
car pics 66 Dart 138.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 139.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 136.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 142.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 141.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 140.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 138.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 139.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 136.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 142.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 141.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 140.jpg

Can I use a 10 inch flexplate with a 8 inch convertor?I checked Summit,Mancini and Coan.Nobody seems to have a internal flexplate for 8 inch convertor.I,m stumped.:stop:

Damn,she's looking nice Scott.Ya must be itchin to fire her up.8)
Well Dave,you know there,s always something,little odds and ends doing a custom build.I,m also in the middle(well just starting:read2:)a 8pt rollbar also.Lots of work to do!:clock:

-
Back