Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Well today I cut out the drivers side for the fenderwells,Tomorrow will be test fitting with the motor set in place.Will be alot of in/out,out/in going on tomorrow!LOL.:clock:pics will follow..

Hey Scott, why not buy a glass hood with a scoop and not cut your old one. It'll save some weight too....or a one piece front end and sell your parts for cash...the lighter the faster...run what'cha brung and hope you brung enough....lol

Hey Scott, why not buy a glass hood with a scoop and not cut your old one. It'll save some weight too....or a one piece front end and sell your parts for cash...the lighter the faster...run what'cha brung and hope you brung enough....lol
I don,t think the car needs to be much lighter,may pull the bumpers.The motor will work fine!:-D

P.S Trying to sell stuff?No more collecting!

Let the fitting begin!Today lowered the engine in for fitting the fenderwell headers.I got it in,but need to notch my K-member for the Mildoon pan(clearance)I,ll notch it out and box it in.The best investment I made was buying my Lincoln Mig welder(with tank)before starting this project.:-DNow back to trim and fit..:cheers:

Scotty, I started at the beginning to see your progress. You have quite a post going. You have a fun build and I'm glad you let us be a part of it. I'm #400. LOL Mike

Today I notched the K-frame to make room for the Mildoon oil pan, also trimming more for the fenderwells(what a task)I need to open up the K-frame alittle more(the pan fits but is too close for my liking)now to fit the driverside header.Enjoy the pics
car pics 66 Dart 143.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 144.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 145.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 143.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 144.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 145.jpg

Lookin good in there! You going to be running that mechanical Fpump? That bad boy will be thirsty.

Today I notched the K-frame to make room for the Mildoon oil pan, also trimming more for the fenderwells(what a task)I need to open up the K-frame alittle more(the pan fits but is too close for my liking)now to fit the driverside header.Enjoy the pics

Just for ***** and giggles, check this out - from Moparts, Bob's Pro Fab.

5895033-SDC10168.JPG

Today I had to cut open the notch job and redo it(was still to tight)got it done.Also fit the d.side header today.My axels should be here next week,I also need to get a SFI approved,7/16 INTERNAL balanced flex plate,6 bolt for 904.I also ordered a universal pully that I need to have machined down for pully alignment.Dam ATI dampner!:angry7:Might aswell start the cage while I wait for parts!:toothy10:
car pics 66 Dart 147.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 149.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 150.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 147.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 149.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 150.jpg

Man thats going to be one bad *** 66. I'll have to come down to watch you run her on the 1/4

Scott, perhaps you might want to think about installing a master cylinder heat shield, don't want to boil your brake fluid with header heat.

Just sayin'.

Scott, perhaps you might want to think about installing a master cylinder heat shield, don't want to boil your brake fluid with header heat.

Just sayin'.
Hmmm?You think?Yes there will be a few added heat diversion items,I got the coated hedders for a start,apparently the coating helps keep the heat down.I,m also adding a snorkel scoop,for some fresh ram air!Stay cool my friend!:burnout:

I got my Strange Axels late today for my shorty rear and have to have the green bearing pressed on.Atleast I can get the car back on the ground and moved over to get my other car out from behind the garage.Nice weather coming again(was in the 80,s all last week)I,ll be glad to get the rear all buttoned up and done.Still lots of work ahead!:clock:
POPUP GARAGE 011.jpg

POPUP GARAGE 011.jpg

Well I got my rearend all back together and also had to weld on my e-brake cable brackets(from cutting the frame)I have a pair of M/T drag radials 275/50/15 (26 inch)on 10 inch rims,so I might aswell use them up.I also replaced my upper ball joints and tac-welded in place(threads getting worn)also replaced outer tierods and sleeves.Engine/Tranny/t.convertor is all buttoned up,so decided to look at my M.cylinder.It looks very close,maybe a smaller one?Any help with this would be appreaciated.Thanks.

P.S Lots of room for some 28 inch tires!
car pics 66 Dart 153.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 155.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 154.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 148.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 156.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 157.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 153.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 155.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 154.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 156.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 157.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 148.jpg