Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Here is my sweety with her car !

I think her smile tells it all. It will be passing to her brother in 2 years or so.

850454466_kxRpW-XL.jpg

Awwww! This is your daughters first car? So cool...cant wait to do that for my baby girl,but she's 10 so a bit of waiting yet,lol.

Yup..just turned 16...bought it for her and her brother...it was a bugger to have her insured at appraised value of the car..most insurance dudes wanted it insured at depreciated value...I like to give things that I never got as a kid..still remember the old caddy I had my eye on for a couple of years..I also wanted something that all three of us work on since we retired out of MX.. Mom has asked if we could put bucket seats in it ASAP.

Ian.

Well moving along..I installed the 4 post to 2 post adapter(not enough difference)so I,ll be opening up the master hole on the firewall and moving the master to the top 2 posts.(member the67fish)has shown me pics of his work on his 67 Cuda race car.I,m gonna start the cage today after customizing my race seat install.Lots of measuring to do,it won,t be long now to first fireup!
Wish I was there pettybludart :cheers:
Just to bug you while you are measuring 8)
Moving right along and remember to measure twice and cut once :-D
Enjoy my friend :cheers: enjoy

Wish I was there pettybludart :cheers:
Just to bug you while you are measuring 8)
Moving right along and remember to measure twice and cut once :-D
Enjoy my friend :cheers: enjoy
Hey MeMike,this 8 pt. cage from S&W Racing($179) came pre-cut and notched,nerelled?Just abit of trimming,fit and weld.Will be measureing twice before welding.:read2::cheers:Wish you were here to share a 12 pac and talk turkey!LOL:-D

Um hijack??

Um..yeah, perhaps , maybe :) I'm just a bit proud of my kids..and their willingness to help..

ian.

Well the past couple days I got a bunch done.I had issues with my master cyl. even after getting the adapter(4 post to 2)so I oped up the hole and bolted up to the top 2 studs of the 4 post(stock).I got my race seat installed,was a job and a 1/2 do to my short ***!LOL.Also got my cage started and should be able to fire up next week.I,ve been holding off wiring up my MSD til the car is complete.Some pics for your enjoyment!...=P~
car pics 66 Dart 180.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 181.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 177.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 179.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 182.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 180.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 181.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 177.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 179.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 182.jpg

I am soooo glad you got your master cylinder in :cheers::cheers:
Looking good!!! I bet that seat location will fit me just fine =P~
You are moving on petty 8) That is going to be a VERY nice 66 Dart =P~

I am soooo glad you got your master cylinder in :cheers::cheers:
Looking good!!! I bet that seat location will fit me just fine =P~
You are moving on petty 8) That is going to be a VERY nice 66 Dart =P~
Hot dang MeMike,don,t you know it!Wish I could come down to George Rays,I,d take ya for a spin and you could look in the trees for wee birdies while we do a wheelie off the line!LMAO!WooHoo!:snakeman:

Hot dang MeMike,don,t you know it!Wish I could come down to George Rays,I,d take ya for a spin and you could look in the trees for wee birdies while we do a wheelie off the line!LMAO!WooHoo!:snakeman:

haha You noticed the tree's at the line at George Rays :cheers:

Bill Dedman trip 017.jpg

r you keep the rear seat pettyblue, why are you placing the main loop so far forward, go to the hump area.....would give much more clearance and easyer entry and exit....
Dodge29

r you keep the rear seat pettyblue, why are you placing the main loop so far forward, go to the hump area.....would give much more clearance and easyer entry and exit....
Dodge29
I,m only 5.8 and the seat has to be a minimal 6 inches from the backbar(also attached to the seat)as rules state when going faster than 10.99.Will I go faster?Still to be seen,but plan on running mid 10,s with this engine/tranny combo.I,m sure I,ll start out in the mid low 11,s til getting the feel of the car.I,ll be finding out this month hopefully!I have very minimal stuff left to do.:cheers:

Should be soon,hopeing to do first fireup by the end of the week.Fingers crossed as time allows?:clock:

Well I,ve got more stuff done this week,the cage is almost done(just need to trim/weld a few more bars in.I got the brakes all bled,fuel line and battery cables all tied in.I now have to re-root my front wiring harness down and under the frame to the front(hedders)my MSD/coil is wired up under the dash.Today I,ll be wiring up fan/relay,monster tack and look into my nuetral safety switch(swapped trannys to newer style).As the saga continues!If things work out,I,ll hopefully be cranking it over later today.:cheers::clock:

Yee haw!!!! Later today :cheers: I can't wait =P~ I hope a video is in your plans petty :happy10::happy10:

-
Back