finished for the season

-

greg

Reaction score
I got my front bumper on today, washed the car and the storm clouds moved in!! By the way, that is the GI Joe head I found in the dash when I took it apart!

Attachments

• finished 001.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 330
  • finished 012.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 356
  • finished 011.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 363
  • finished 008.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 362
  • finished 007.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 366
  • finished 005.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 355
  • finished 004.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 355
  • finished 002.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 353
Thanks! I was hoping to bring it out for a ride and the clouds appeared!

I have a large (12") GI Joe collection.

I will give you $40 for the head if all the hair is there.
DSC00073.jpg

I reall like the color of your Dart! What color code is it? Interesting steering wheel center too.Is that original or is it something made to fit the GT wheel? I have a woodgrain wheel for my Dart & would like to do something like that for mine. Nice car you have here!

haha. Nice car, I am starting to like green mopars. She looks purty.

Lonewolf3165 - I forget about the steering wheel question. I believe the wheel is out of a Charger. I'm not sure about the center cap. However, I modified the metal spacer that originally came on the 68 Dart to accomodate the center cap and provide some clearance. I can post a better picture if you like. Message me if you need a picture.

Hey Greg, got a litle head, NICE! Isnt that G.I. Joe with life like hair?? Enough of that rabble, you sir have an outstanding looking Dart there. Like the color, the white interior and the nice detail. Makes my car look like junk!!!
Chas

haha. Nice car, I am starting to like green mopars. She looks purty.

I absolutely love the GG1 "Dark Green Metallic:prayer:." Looks almost black until light hits it...most folks don't like green, but I do (well, except for the "Monkey spit green metallic" shades)

I took a dome light, an original Dart steering wheel center cap, a charger steeering wheel and a center cap I got at a swap meet....and began to hack!

I need some sort of spacer so the cap looked good on the wheel. I had a spare dome light and original dart plastic center cap.

I removed the metal mounting bracket insisde the original center cap and fastened it to the customized dome light housing. I think I used JB Weld or two part epoxy.

Once it set up, the center cap from the swap meet fastened perfectly to the mounting ring I took out of the original cap that was glued to the dome light housing. (I was looking all over the garage for something to make a spacer ring out of and the dome light just happened to fit)

Picture 1 is the dome light with center cap metal mounting bracket glued inplace.

Picture 2 is the same thing.

Picture 3 is the dome light housing attached to the spacer.

Picture 4 is a dome light.

Picture 5 is the back of the center cap as it came from the factory.

Picture 6 is an example of the 1968 Dart center cap I removed the mounting ring from.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 159
  • 4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 5.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 6.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 154
Very nice work on your Dart. Clean in every aspect and nothing is overdone. Congratulations!

-
Back