First burn out

-
I have several burnout videos posted here on this site, some are burning rubber in all 4 gears :burnout:

Guess I have to go out and make me a burnout video too!! My problem will probably be figuring out how to post it!!.....

The bottom line in this whole post is "My First Burn Out " Ok the car was in primer and was the first time it was out in 4 years.. Got It...But I was disappointed with the burn out..He says its a 4 speed (It sounds like a automatic it even shifts into 2nd) But Ok its a 4speed..Big block in a Duster..Wet tires smooth concrete surface.. It didnt impress me it did sound good but I was expecting a smoke show. Now that is a burn out..Practice Practice Practice Finish the car and come back and impress us...Sorry if you got offended and Sorry that everyone got there panties all up in a bunch...The car looks good and I understand about the hard work trust me I built the same car...(see avitar)...Bill:prayer:

I have a 4-speed.
But mine is a 3 speed automatic and it would be hard for me to get 4 gears of rubber or even 3 gears of rubber out of it..As it is from a rolling start of 20mph and I floor it I go up in smoke through 2nd gear..Dusters dont weigh anything and are easy to motivate...Bill

I also think that the "burnout" term is often misrepresented. Technically, a burnout would be done to heat the slicks to provide adhesion of the tire to the track surface. In our street burnout we are doing it the opposite of what were supposed to be doing!! We're lighting up our tires in a manly show of too much horsepower and most times an improper setup! I could do a burnout for days on the street by putting in some 5:13's, but would that prove anything to anybody?? Maybe, but not your constituents here!!

I for one would like to see the total package...the restoration, the results and the pride of 4 long years of work and a very large cash outlay!! Back to the burnout, if you had come and said here's my car, here's where I spent the $$ and how it turned out...oh, and here's it's first burnout but its a mild one because the motors not even broken in yet, now that I would've readily applauded!!

How bout it?? Truce and we all go do "burnout" videos and show off our cars and give the OP a chance to gets some miles on the motor and get back with an "update" on his long awaited project??!!!!...... Geof

From what I can read you are due a lung crunching, asthma attack provoking, old lady scaring, young children crying, rubber factory motivating, burnout. Well I think everyone needs a laugh about now. My brother built a belvedere 440 six pack automatic when we were kids. To the point of my first burnout when I got behind the wheel everything was a stick..all I had ever driven. I got on it with my foot on the 12 inch wide brake pedal on a PA country road...grabbed the column shift..slammed it all the way to low. (Mind you I drove a column shift Ford everyday on a dairy farm)..we were on our way to sideways and I was coughing and he yelled..SHIFT! So I reacted by slamming the left foot down for the non-existent clutch, catching the edge of the brake pedal and damn near launched us through the front window. My only response to his sudden onset turrets was "brakes work" I am positive if we had you tube or video cameras you would all be laughing. Good job on putting it on the road. Let's see some resto pics and what you've done!

From what I can read you are due a lung crunching, asthma attack provoking, old lady scaring, young children crying, rubber factory motivating, burnout. Well I think everyone needs a laugh about now. My brother built a belvedere 440 six pack automatic when we were kids. To the point of my first burnout when I got behind the wheel everything was a stick..all I had ever driven. I got on it with my foot on the 12 inch wide brake pedal on a PA country road...grabbed the column shift..slammed it all the way to low. (Mind you I drove a column shift Ford everyday on a dairy farm)..we were on our way to sideways and I was coughing and he yelled..SHIFT! So I reacted by slamming the left foot down for the non-existent clutch, catching the edge of the brake pedal and damn near launched us through the front window. My only response to his sudden onset turrets was "brakes work" I am positive if we had you tube or video cameras you would all be laughing. Good job on putting it on the road. Let's see some resto pics and what you've done!
Been there done that. But I was a little drunk and end up in a feild..It was a dirt road with no traffic ever..My friend laugh so hard he almost peed himself..No harm no foul. I decided to spend the night in that field and drove out the next morning..Bill

Don't hate . What part of very first burn out dont you understand . Maybe I should brake in the engine befor burning it down . Give it time let me give it the oil change and I will redo the video . Anyway I loved it . Felt good to have a big block a body on the road again . So thanks for all the encouragement . Lol fo

That was cool,glad you had a good time. I haven't really done much of a burnout myself,maybe some day I will make a video. Keep working on it. We need a few less negative comments around here.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out where that was shot. Looks like State Ave maybe?

Get it broke in and the bugs worked out, take it out in the country and flog the crap out of it!!

It was Kansas City mo off Truman rd

I have to wince. When you go to some car shows and they're pouring
water, some poor car with skinny tires and a single-track rearend is
straining against the brakes and the RR tire is spinning about 10 mph.

Anything will do a burnout with water and line-loc or power braking.

When you can punch it at 20 mph and do a dry rolling burnout like
an alcohol funny car.....then you got something.

It was Kansas City mo off Truman rd

Thats it, I'm calling your local police and showing them this thread!!!! LOL

Can't wait to see more videos, your car is coming together nice! I remember taking my Valiant for the very first drive after it had been sitting for 5 years, went from a 170 3-speed to a 340 4-speed, felt awesome, drove it with open headers through the neighborhood.....great feeling. Another favorite of mine is how the engine smells when new and it gets to operation temp, the new paint getting hot, the new oil, love it :glasses7:

I have to wince. When you go to some car shows and they're pouring
water, some poor car with skinny tires and a single-track rearend is
straining against the brakes and the RR tire is spinning about 10 mph.

Anything will do a burnout with water and line-loc or power braking.

When you can punch it at 20 mph and do a dry rolling burnout like
an alcohol funny car.....then you got something.

It wasn't my intention to start anything with you all I forget sometimes how big this sight is and assume that people here have seen my build here in (members restoration) but I was a little on the offensive about my burn out again assuming people knew my story. So we will leave it at that and say a huge ( burn out ) to come as for the tires being wet couldn't avoid that I'm in kansas and it was 30 degrees and raining the day befor so had to go threw mud puddle to get to the concrete and I assure you it is a 4 speed

Not much of a burnout but the I can appreciate the enjoyment of first time out after 4 years. I been there. Sorry I haven't followed your resto but the video is basically another benchmark to show how far the car has come when its done. Once the car is 100% and disappearing in a smoky burnout you can tell all to put up or shut up. Especially those who talk a good story...but couldn't...or wouldn't.

It wasn't my intention to start anything with you all I forget sometimes how big this sight is and assume that people here have seen my build here in (members restoration) but I was a little on the offensive about my burn out again assuming people knew my story. So we will leave it at that and say a huge ( burn out ) to come as for the tires being wet couldn't avoid that I'm in kansas and it was 30 degrees and raining the day befor so had to go threw mud puddle to get to the concrete and I assure you it is a 4 speed

I wasn't talking to you or talking about your burnout at all.

I was merely commenting on the pathetic drunks pouring water at some
cruises/shows etc and then coercing cars that can't do any semblence
of a proper burnout to embarrass themselves.

Wow what is with people these days ? Thin skin,corncob up the ***,someone piss in your Cheerios ,who was you talking to when you typed a message on the thread I started ? To many stuck in your old *** way grumpy old opinionated men that have nothing better to do but piss and moan .

I don't think his comments were directed to you in any way. you seem to be the thin skinned one. Get over it.

Well I understand that the comment was not totally about me it was only stating that he don't like people that use water for a burn out . But that only true burn out was made by fuel cars . Sorry I don't own a fuel car none of that bothered me it was his statement ( I'm not talking to you) then who was you talking to ? Only thing in my first statement that was directed to him was I had no choice on getting the tires wet . It had rained .

Well I understand that the comment was not totally about me.
Not totally about you? It was not at all about you.

Did I say I didn't like people who use water to do burnouts?

What I was referring to was when you go to Woodward, Brice Rd or
Heath etc during a big show and there are a onlookers pouring water
in the street and the cars doing the burnouts are not muscle cars or
show participants but many times a bunch of locals out to prove how
stupid they can act.

Can I hear a Hallelujah?

.....stating that he don't like people that use water for a burn out . But that only true burn out was made by fuel cars
????? He never said that and he never even mentioned you.
I don't understand where your comments are coming from.
Maybe you better go back read that stuff over again.

He did not mention my name at all . But it's a statement on a thread I started so I assume like a few people on here do that he was talking to me . Talk about getting over it ! Follow suit and get over it .

-
Back