First Mopar Build 360/422 CID

-
Motor is in and runs good. I am trying to get the six pack dialed in and trying different timing curves as well. I will post picks of the motor in the car as well as chassis dyno results when they are available.

I also installed the Isis Power 3 cell electrical system that is awesome and was a relatively simple install for a novice. It provide tremendous flexibility and has been extremely reliable so far. Let me know if you have any questions about it or pictures and I will post them.

Just remember in regard to the 6bbl tuning... "late"... and "slow"... will generally mean faster times and smoother running.

Appreciate that info, it pulls to about 3500 then when you really get into it it will hesitate a bit before coming on strong.....Just isn't a smooth transition to wot. Only pulling 7.5-8.0 in vacuum at idle with 15 deg initial timing. Curve is 36 total all in by 3000.

Appreciate that info, it pulls to about 3500 then when you really get into it it will hesitate a bit before coming on strong.....Just isn't a smooth transition to wot. Only pulling 7.5-8.0 in vacuum at idle with 15 deg initial timing. Curve is 36 total all in by 3000.

Try to get initial up to 18, and all in by 2000rpm! Much much better...

Awesome, thanks !

I will give that a try tomorrow. Really trying to get six pack to work then move to a ported version. I have several 4 bbl intakes and a couple of dominators but want to work thru tuning on 6 bbl first.....

Kick a** engine there, I'm in love with that color, honestly thinking of painting my engine like that when I build it.
Why are you going to shed the 6pk other than maybe the hp gain, it looks awesome.

I will post better engine pics ASAP, it looks much better in the car. I am going to do everything possible to make the six pack work. I really like it but being a novice at this I have been reading everything I can find to get them dialed in correctly. More to come...

Update...still trying to figure out how to load isis pics from iPad....

Six pack took some work but finally dialed in....thanks to all. Just in case anyone is curious. Below is what I did in terms of tuning,

Timing to 18 degrees at idle and 32 total all in by 2000
68/70 jets in center card
84's in outboards
White springs in vacuum pods work best, went from yellow to purple first and it was much worse so worked back down to white.

50 cc accelerator pump with 37 nozzle

Adjusted outboard linkage 1 turn front and back so that center carb is now below transition slot at 1100 rpm.

4.5 power valve

Outboard floats half way up sight screw

Thanks for all the help !

Update...still trying to figure out how to load isis pics from iPad....

Six pack took some work but finally dialed in....thanks to all. Just in case anyone is curious. Below is what I did in terms of tuning,

Timing to 18 degrees at idle and 32 total all in by 2000
68/70 jets in center card
84's in outboards
White springs in vacuum pods work best, went from yellow to purple first and it was much worse so worked back down to white.

50 cc accelerator pump with 37 nozzle

Adjusted outboard linkage 1 turn front and back so that center carb is now below transition slot at 1100 rpm.

4.5 power valve

Outboard floats half way up sight screw

Thanks for all the help !

If you use higher flowing needles, and clock them you can run the height down to normal and that should help with idle mixture.
I would also go to the Blue pump cams and back off on squirter...this will save you plugs! I would also consider upping timing to 34° total.

Thanks Brian, working om those changes today and will report back. I am setting up a 4 bbl with spacer on an air gap intake just to see how performance changes but will continue to dial in six pack as well.

Moved timing to 34, moved to 31 nozzle, clocked floats ( had to google that one...) and still looking for blue cam. Runs really good but traction is a new issue to now address, pulls very hard from 3000-6000 ( rev limited ). It's more than I need for a street car so I am very pleased at this point. Will look to improve traction this fall to help in the safety department.

-
Back