FiTech EFI system

-
Interesting.......Do you know of any video of them actually running on a crossram? I am about to give them a shot, but I need a little more confidence that the idle wont be a issue before spending the cash......

I don't have any Video of them running on a cross ram, no. I did have a customer run one on the big block 413 cross ram, guys have run efi on that style manifold for years. i'm sure there is a video of one out there. one of the mopar mags did a FAST dual efi on a mopar cross ram.. I assume thats the style you're talking. Now if you have early style monster like the one below...i won't make any promises.

No, definitely not a long ram! Actually thinking about a smallblock crossram........

HMM if you could set up the intake in a long ram borg warner style that would be interesting, after all these carbs should work sideways or even upside down.

All I have read here and else where everybody appears to be happy with their Fitech system when they first get them...now that many of you have had them for a while how are they on the road, ease of tune & driving plus fuel consumption wise.... I'm thinking of importing one into Australia for my 318 powered Dodge ute....with our lower dollar and impending GST tax on personal imports it will be an expensive item....need to think carefully!! feed back please.....

Bought one late last year (AUD was about 0.73 at the time). They shipped it direct using "FedEx Great Rates" for a decent price. Caren was great to deal with and their phone service was prompt and simple.

At those and current falling rates, its over 1K AUD no matter what system you get. You're paying GST no matter what, unless you use a different shipping service that wont report it to customs, or play funny buggers with multiple invoicing to keep it under 1K AUD per invoice.

That said, I haven't had a chance to install it yet due to time issues, but the unit looks great and high quality. Looking forward to installing it.

All thanks for the informative thread, thanks to MuuMuu for telling me about this system and the link to the thread. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger but still have a few questions I was hoping you could answer.

1. Does the stock type throttle cable hook to the unit hassle free? (I have a 4spd so the kick down isnt an issue for me)

2. Power needs to be constant so using the ballast supply circuit worked for those who have tried it?

3. What size vent line is required? What do the installation instuctions recommend or state is required?

4. If I dont run the command center what size return line is required? Again what do the installation instuctions recommend or state is required?

5. How long is the O2 lead exactly? (Since a member mentioned he needed an extra 25" in his application)

6. I have a 1.25" drop base air cleaner I can dimple this to fit? (this was mentioned but exact dimensions weren't)

7. Timing control experiences going well yet? (I run a hidden MSD 6Al, aslo an MSD distributor, stock stuff is just for looks)

My car has a W2 340, 10.4 to 1, 565 lift, full roller, idles at 14.5 A/F currently at 800rpm with 10" of vacuum. I wanted to know if my 3/8 fuel line to my mechanical lift pump was adequate to feed the fuel command center, I called the company and it is. The command center is about 6.5"x8". As stated 7" of vacuum is enough to run it, they have a 340 Cuda with 7". I have an extra coolant port in my Victor W2 intake for the temp sender. I'll need to check to ensure adequate voltage at idle in my ballast circit (it was good last I checked)

This if for my E body and as I have been researching fuel injection systems I looked at the Tanks system. Since everything I do to the car is reversable, not having to swap and store my current tank and lines is a plus. I like the pressure gauge (troubleshooting) and what appears to be the abilty to swap a fuel pump easily roadside should one fail.

I'm ready to pull the trigger once my questions are answered

Attachments

• Victor intake installed.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 841
Cant answer all your questions.. Link to the instructions

[ame]http://www.fitechefi.com/virtualoffice_files/30001.30002%20Instructionsm%2012.9.15.pdf[/ame]

I am using MSD 6AL make sure it does not have the rev limit display active.. or it will put tons of fuel in on ignition on

I am wired aftermarket.. I use a main power line right from the battery.. Tried one at a junction box and did not get enough power supply.

I think any throttle linkage will hook up just like a carb.

O2 Sensor.. I have long tube headers and my hook up is about 3 inches after the exit.

I ran a 1/4 inch return line to the tank.. no issues, instructions should help you out.

Had mine running for short trip today.. Ambient temperature -25 celcius.. Starts and runs great..

Found my rear brake cylinder crapped out..brake pedal was going slowly to the floor.

so that's the end of my winter road trips for a bit.. need some new parts ! LOL 2 year old parts and they just don't last.

I'm in...... I'll be ordering one. Off to hand the cash to the better half right now, I should be ready to order Monday. I hope it's in stock

Ken special THANKS for all you've contributed to the post and for providing the instructions :D

Hopefully I will be stopping by next week and ordering.. Might get the Mean Streets system.. Lot more questions to ask..

I'm in...... I'll be ordering one. Off to hand the cash to the better half right now, I should be ready to order Monday. I hope it's in stock

I can also get a unit in front of me tomorrow and measure the leads and such. I believe most of your other questions were answered above, and I agree with what was said. But we can elaborate more tomorrow from the office.
Thanks

Johnny Mac

Last edited:
I bought mine through summit racing. I have an after market 1/2" sending unit in a new reproduction tank. I'm also using the frame mount fuel system. I put a fitting with an oring in the side of the tank for my return. No issues with the o2 sensor cable. It was plenty long enough. I did use 90 degree AN fittings on the return and fuel inlet so my drop base air cleaner would clear. I'm using a 1/2" spacer between the throttle body and air cleaner. I've done the initial start up but haven't driven it yet. I need to loom a few wires prior to driving it. It started a little rich but quickly corrected itself. So far so good. Will update later in the week.

Johnny, whats the story on the new lower power/cost unit? Is that happening, if so what's the difference?

Johnny, whats the story on the new lower power/cost unit? Is that happening, if so what's the difference?

You are talking about the "go-street",which just has the fuel control and no timing, with a 400hp limit. I haven heard a definitive delivery date, and I usually talk with them (fitech) every few days. Retail is $795

Personally the opportunity to eliminate the mopar ignition, using the current offerings, is probably worth the money granted the compact design....and the factory flaws of the mopar factory ignition.....but thats another thread and another argument altogether :)

Both the meanstreet, and the go-street are avail to order on our website. the meanstreet is closer to arrival than the go-street, last i heard. If you're in market for either new one, I'd get one on order so you are awaiting the first incoming shipment, it's winter after all, but thats just me! let me know if i can help further.

Last edited:
Right, thanks. For a $200 difference I could give up the 200 horsepower difference, or give up the timing controll since I already have MSD Streetfire, but no way I'd give up the HP, the timing and the handheld controller for $200. Looks like I'm back to the GO-EFI.

I have to agree with you. And fyi I discount the combo purchase of the command center or pump kit with the unit. A few bucks to help and say thanks for purchasing from pace.

Johhny, if you don't mind, how about shooting me a PM with the price and avalibility on the 2x4 setup and the command center.......

Here is the thing that is really holdind me up, and I guess when I get serious about this decision I'll be ready to pull the trigger.
1. I like the idea of a system designed to work together by the manufacturer.
2. I think the FCC is a well built and tested unit, it's just ugly, sorry, it just is.
3. They do offer a inline pump kit that they tested and designed to work with the kit, fantastic to offer this option, I appluad them for taking the time to work this up. But I don't want more noise from the pump, yes I know I'm being picky but I'm nnot running a race car.
4 So I need to find a in-tank set-up that isn't going to add another $700 to the system, that really hits a blow to the affordable greatness of the FiTech.
Yes I know I'm probably asking too much. As soon as I can figure out a fuel system for less than $500 I'm in, everyone has thier personal limit and that's mine. I am excited for ordering it, maybe I should start a new thread on the fuel system side of this???

Yes that is exactlywhat I'm looking for, problem is they don't list aValiant/Scamp tank. Bummer.

I did email them in case they have a setup that may work for me. That would be great, a tank already setup fot FI that I can just install an wire up, PERFECT!!! I think $500 is reasonable for that.

russhal THANKS, my hood clearance is tight since I run a 4" element. Your tips will help, and I'll be re-engineering for sure if the drop base doesnt clear on it's own :D

Same year Dart
$244, on ebay.
Fuel pump and sending unit brings it up to about $500.

Here was another company making a tank for my E body that appears to use stock locations so adapting line might be easier. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8363PW/?tag=joeychgo-20

If you research them maybe they make a Dart/A body style tank to fit your needs. Good luck

Oh QUESTION: Thoughts or running a KnN filter with the oil can aid dirt to stick to the mass airflow?

-
Back