Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Whats the tracking say on the delivery ? I don't see how FedEx can not be responsible. Half the time I have to go around the neighbor's houses looking for my chit because the stupid sons of bitches hire 3rd worlders that can't speakda english.:BangHead:

Whats the tracking say on the delivery ? I don't see how FedEx can not be responsible. Half the time I have to go around the neighbor's houses looking for my chit because the stupid sons of bitches hire 3rd worlders that can't speakda english.:BangHead:
Yea same here Still dealing with them was delivered 31 of Oct. and still can't find it.
I got the Torque converter finally after calling ATI to find out they forgot to send it to me And I don't know Al about all this tec. stuff on how to put things together.
The free play on the Torque converter and shimming it if needed and the internal balance and external balance has got me shaking in my boots that I might screw up some place.

Fred I'll tell ya, I think we'd be way ahead of the dumb game if we'd just buy a new hot rod Challenger and Drive em, and blow doors off all this old stuff. LOL
I've spent two hole days trying to install my rear windshield , can't get it in still, my frickin hands hurt so bad from messin with it .All I've managed to do is scratch up my new paint.. I don't know what you mean about torque converter free play and shimming, I Never had to do that.

Fred I'll tell ya, I think we'd be way ahead of the dumb game if we'd just buy a new hot rod Challenger and Drive em, and blow doors off all this old stuff. LOL
I've spent two hole days trying to install my rear windshield , can't get it in still, my frickin hands hurt so bad from messin with it .All I've managed to do is scratch up my new paint.. I don't know what you mean about torque converter free play and shimming, I Never had to do that.
Is your back glass rubber a lock strip or a rope in?
New rubber or old?

Is your back glass rubber a lock strip or a rope in?
First one was an old used stocker. couldn't get the glass in . figured it was to old and stiff to stretch. Messed the paint all up .
touched it all up, ordered a new rubber seal from Steele with a black rubber lock strip. It looks like about an inch short on the bottom edge. it won't stay in the window hole. Have to stick one corner and stretch it on the glass as i'm trying to get the glass in. Headliner came all loose around the rear window. More scratches in the repaired paint. Window still not in.
Screenshot_2018-06-27-15-05-38-1.png

First one was an old used stocker. couldn't get the glass in . figured it was to old and stiff to stretch. Messed the paint all up .
touched it all up, ordered a new rubber seal from Steele with a black rubber lock strip. It looks like about an inch short on the bottom edge. it won't stay in the window hole. Have to stick one corner and stretch it on the glass as i'm trying to get the glass in. Headliner came all loose around the rear window. More scratches in the repaired paint. Window still not in.
View attachment 1715425425
Had a few like that well a lot really put the rubber on the glass not in the pinch weld and lock it in for a few days then put the rubber in the car and try it again. but I think you might have tried that already. Heat also helps get it warm and soap it up. Had a few that was like you have and had to cut the gasket bottom center and after the glass was installed had to urethane the gap. China made I think is the worse.

That all sounds normal on the install. It should not be jammed tight in there . The 4 small bolts draw it up to the flex plate.

My front one is a Precision seal , It went in in about a 1/2 an hour.
So what kind of converter is it ?
ATI. 10" for a 904.
I think I'll go with the Precison gasket hope they make one for both ends of my car.
I think your right a new Hell Cat would be nice but I am to old school and gonna fight my car till it's back on the road even with scratches in the paint.

Got to thinking about your TC Fred. You can install it on the trans and measure to a straight edge across the housing to see where you are going to land concerning shims. Something about shimming the TC doesn't sit well with me. I see no reason for it when a guy is paying top dollar for something custom. I could be wrong. I'm sure it will work but I would think it would increase the chances of things coming loose. Just my
upload_2019-11-20_16-42-58.jpeg

Got to thinking about your TC Fred. You can install it on the trans and measure to a straight edge across the housing to see where you are going to land concerning shims. Something about shimming the TC doesn't sit well with me. I see no reason for it when a guy is paying top dollar for something custom. I could be wrong. I'm sure it will work but I would think it would increase the chances of things coming loose. Just my View attachment 1715426173
Same thought here BP I don't like the idea of putting washers in to take up the slack. This is all new to me always had a Manual tranny back in the day but I really want to do this right.

Jegs called me today to see if I got my flex plate yet and was surprised after I told them no that they would be in touch with me after they did some more searching.
Might be a better co. than I thought.

Jegs called me today to see if I got my flex plate yet and was surprised after I told them no that they would be in touch with me after they did some more searching.
Might be a better co. than I thought.
If they don't come through, keep ripping on them. I think this FABO web site has a lot of pull.
52,411 strong.

If they don't come through, keep ripping on them. I think this FABO web site has a lot of pull.
52,411 strong.
I had no idea that many. Not trying to cause problems because of a 120 dollar item.

20191128_085719.jpg
Jegs sent me another flex plate and UPS delivered it to my house. I'm a happy camper never got charged for it so my next order of parts will be from Jegs.

Put the engine and tranny together today thinking about putting it in the car then I remembered the new front pump bushing on the tranny needed to be changed to a babbot type bushing so apart it came and wondering if I should do it or take it to a tranny shop and have them do it.
Tranny was rebuilt about 3,000 miles ago but what the hell trying to do this car the right way and learning the hard way is something I'm trying not to do. lol

20191130_171546.jpg
Just about ready to put engine and tranny in the car just need some help. You would think after having 6 boys at least one would come to help rescue the old man. lol

You can do it by yourself Fred. Need to run that hook up a couple links forward to get the right angle and put a bolt in there to keep it from slipping. Take your time.

-
Back