Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Try garygoers.com He used to be in Kalispell but had to sell out to a guy in Pennsylvanian.
http://garygoers.com/
Gary could make anything if he had a pattern. Don't know anything about the guy that bought out his operation. Gary marketed some restoration stuff like switches and other electrical thing that he just bought at the local parts store and marked them up but not the rubber stuff. He made all of that.

Gary could make anything if he had a pattern. Don't know anything about the guy that bought out his operation. Gary marketed some restoration stuff like switches and other electrical thing that he just bought at the local parts store and marked them up but not the rubber stuff. He made all of that.
Tried to contact the new owners but nothing yet.

20191207_172415.jpg
Engine and tranny in the hole today I am a happy camper.

20191207_172323.jpg
Grand daughter helped hold the flash light bolting up the tranny and polished the engine for me. Had 7 grand kids over tonight and really helped out. I can't imagine life without grand kids.

Looks good Fred, That will get you motivated looking at that every time you walk in the shop. what size carb you running. Oh yeah my lenses I went to pick up didn't fit, same **** like the last ones poorly made. they tell me they can fix them ( will see)
Holy carb guessing 750 cfm I think can't remember.
Same thing here on parts seems like all made in China.

Your Grand daughter looks like a hot rodder like Grandpa but much cuter. Jeri says your training them young (nothing wrong with that)
Tell Jeri When she comes to visit one of the grand kids will take her for a ride in my car. lol

That's just nice! Makes me want to tear mine apart and start over. Seriously!
Why? not about how good it looks or how fast it is, its all about enjoying our cars and being with good friends. Mine is far from perfect as well as most out there I could care less about your flaws or mine but I care more about being with real people and a few beers enjoying our rides.

Good for you Fred, nice to see it in the bay. Did it go in easy with gear-vendor?

I was wondering about that too. Thats a real good looker ya got there Fred. Your grand daughter pic put a big smile on my face too. I guess you will be sourcing drive pulleys next.
Morning Charlie was going to use the ones off my 340 and just clean them up for now.
I was looking at a new alternator a one wire hook up but don't know how to hook it up to the amp gauge. Also a new set of headers I have a set of short tube ones from headmen but not going to use them. Thinking TTI.

The TTI are real nice, fit great, but might have to lift engine to get into place.

Morning Charlie was going to use the ones off my 340 and just clean them up for now.
I was looking at a new alternator a one wire hook up but don't know how to hook it up to the amp gauge. Also a new set of headers I have a set of short tube ones from headmen but not going to use them. Thinking TTI.
TTI would be nice. I've been hearing about remflex exhaust gaskets too. It's all a tough pill to swallow but probable only got to swallow it once.

The TTI are real nice, fit great, but might have to lift engine to get into place.
That's one of the questions I wanted to ask you and also what radiator and fan your running?

TTI would be nice. I've been hearing about remflex exhaust gaskets too. It's all a tough pill to swallow but probable only got to swallow it once.
I can't remember the name of the gaskets I been using but thick and looks like graphite in them never had to re-torque them.
Gonna be expensive but your right only want to do this once.

I went the cheap header route and I do regret it. I got in a real rush when I was finishing my car and bought cheap Patriot headers. They work fine and fit great but they hang so low on the driver's side.

Cley

I went the cheap header route and I do regret it. I got in a real rush when I was finishing my car and bought cheap Patriot headers. They work fine and fit great but they hang so low on the driver's side.

Cley
A friend did the same thing on his Dart and lots of bad roads over here and didn't last him 6 months before they were shot. Yea Cley I really don't want to spend more money and want to get my car done by summer and trying hard not to cut corners.

That's one of the questions I wanted to ask you and also what radiator and fan your running?
I had my TTI's before installing engine, and hung them in rough position before putting in engine. I have done some engine work and headers won't come out past engine either way.
I have a 7 blade HD fan on a Murray 2947 thermo-clutch. That is the extra short model. I use the Champion CC374B aluminum 26" radiator. I had originally had flex fan on but found little crack, so replaced w chrysler repro.

-
Back