From Honda to Mopar

-

Plik

Ragin Cajun
Reaction score
Hello FABO.

I've been a Honda fan boy for the past 10 years but i'm getting older now and I'm sick of the import scene. Want a change of pace. I've always been a fan of mopars. My dad used to have a 68 coronet R/T back in the day and i think a little bit of his tast in muscle cars rubbed of on me. Just picked up my first Mopar last friday... 72 slant 6 duster

6280_120742546113_559761113_2864851_3866747_n.jpg

she is in pretty good shape, strait body, little rust, near perfect interior. Looking at possibly a big block swap 383 or 440 but i have a long way to go before i get there, hoping to learn a lot from you guys.

Cheers,

Plik

Welcome. You have made the right choice. You can never go back now. The people on this site are very helpful with your build.

Welcome. Once you get a taste of how brutal these cars are you'll feel like a wuss driving anything else! I don't know about Hondas, but here a 14-second 1/4-mile is considered not very fast.

Welcome aboard.

I don't get half the import deal. Hot Roding a 4 banger?

Welcome good choice in classic iron.

Rumblefish- just a quick thought the orginal Model-Ts were four cyl and lots of guys in the 30s, 40s, and 50s hotrodded them. basicly hotrodding has its roots in four cyl engines

Welcome to FABO.You made the right choice.Nice project car.Keep us up to date with your progress and we like lotsa pics.:-D

Welcome good choice in classic iron.

Rumblefish- just a quick thought the orginal Model-Ts were four cyl and lots of guys in the 30s, 40s, and 50s hotrodded them. basicly hotrodding has its roots in four cyl engines

Oh sure I understand hot rodding in general. Also, the attractive thing about imports are there generaly cheap WITH good gas mileage. The year engines you mention are basicly what was in there and all there was to start with. Straight 8's were relatrivley new and super heavy monsters of there day.

IF someone actually had the cash to afford a old Caddy or other factory monster with the crazy V-16's that were a factory hot rod isea of taking two straight 8's and pronoucing them married, would have been crushing in a model T.

But can the frame suport the weight?
LOL, in short, no.

Hats off to any type of hot rodder. I don't blame the youth for getting a import and going nuts on it. The price of Detrooit iron went bonkers beyound there wallet. How said you can't exceed the speed of your wallet? Don.... and he's right.

Make do with what you can when you can, that's all.

Welcome to FABO!Chicks,gals,ladys...they all grow outta the fartpipe scene also!Glad you,ve seen the light!

Welcome aboard...... glad to hear you are out of the whole import thing.
My son just went from import to Mopar as well so we are ecstatic!!!!:cheers::-D

I've got me a Honda... but it's of the 2 wheeled varities. I have a VTR1000 Firestorm.... great bike.

I'm yet to get my hands on some American Mopar muscle, it's a bit hard over here. But hopefully soon. Nice wheels Plik, good luck on the project.

-
Back