Fuel sending unit.

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I thought while replacing the tank I would replace this as well. The local parts store as well as on line show 3 different hose sizes. I have seen 3/8, 5/16, and 1/2. Also the ones I have seen have an extra place for a hose that my 65 doesn't have. I see one on ebay that looks more like mine as far as only having the connection for the hose and the electrical plug. Maybe That would be a better bet.
Thanks
Hope it's warm where you are. By Sunday in N. C the high will be in the 20's with lows in the single digits. No snow, till maybe Tuesday.

factory cars used the 5/16 and 3/8, depending on whether a slant, SB, or BB. the 1/2 would be an all out race car.

finding the correct unit is simple, be it feebay, rock auto, or your favorite mopar repop parts hawk. the price will vary by the co, that made it as well as quality,, as is the same in the repop gas tanks.

yes it will be cold and maybe even snow here in MO by mon=tue.. been a dry winter so far, need the snow. not the cold!!!

I agree. Haven't had snow here this year.

I put the 3/8" one w/ 1/4" vent in my 64 & 64 A-body. I use the vent for an EFI pump return. Otherwise, 5/16" is plenty and what my 65 Newport w/ 383 used. 90's Dodge pickups w/ Magnum V-8 also used 5/16" supply as I recall. You will find more filters and fittings in 5/16" than 3/8".

Not sure the issue, but my fuel guage isn't working so I felt I may as well replace this while I had the tank out.

do an ohm test there are many threads on this . aftermarket units are hit or miss mostly miss . also check your voltage limiter many threads on this also .

Replaced the limiter, but haven't had time to check anything else. Was under the car and noticed the tank needs replacing so just thought I would do that while I had it down. If it doesn't help I'll know it's behind the dash

a 1 minute ohm test will tell you without a doubt if your sending unit works or not or buy some chinease junk if you feel thats the best option . to test your gauge ground out the wire your gague should go to full just

5/16 is factory and yes I would replace it while replacing the tank. Single digit temps will rock this weekend compared to what we will get.lol

You are so right. I travelled most of my life and went to Boston quite often. Sometimes I think I would really like to do a road trip, but instead of coming to see you Chryslerfat, I think south sounds great. A friend is in Orlando said it was 65. Say warm my friend.

if you are going to thro your old sending unit away i will pay the shipping to send it to me. p.m me if interested .

No problem. pm me and I will. I don't know when, it's going to be really cold here the next few days, and I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday this week. It may be next week if that's ok

-
Back